Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tried the omega update with r4i gold deluxe, as expected it cannot find a gateway card so it cannot boot into gateway mode.
I'm curious if the r4i team can crack this new update :)

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
They said 100% Game Compatibility and eshop game not working :hateit:

"100% compatible with every single 3DS game" They didn't mention anything about eshop games.

I'm having an issue where half of the games I have on my micro sd are showing up as blank icons that dont load anything
Is anyone else having the same issue? All untouched roms which worked before on earlier version of gateway
Ones that appear work perfectly fine

Simples. Your SD card is fake. That means something like this, for 10 games that you copied, perhaps 5 or more are not really existent. Do a h2testw. (google what that is.) Verify your sd card is full capacity.

___________________________________________________________________-

Another question. I seem to recall something about app/data management messing up something. What happens when I install something from eshop and want to delete it afterwards?

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found the link to beta quite easily. :) I'm about to install it soon. I can't wait to try it out. While it's installing I'm gonna put my games on the micro sd card. Is it a better idea I format it first? Going to anyway. ^^

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found the link to beta quite easily. :) I'm about to install it soon. I can't wait to try it out. While it's installing I'm gonna put my games on the micro sd card. Is it a better idea I format it first? Going to anyway. ^^

I recommend exfat as format though as suggested by Gateway.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You have to format. The new omega can no longer read 3DS games installed that was readable by Gateway on the older versions seeing that was doing differently. I recommend exfat as format though as suggested by Gateway.
i don't think that is true, i read in this thread, i'm pretty sure, that it will still read the game written using the software to the sd card, like the old versions of gateway.

Skyrider

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i don't think that is true, i read in this thread, i'm pretty sure, that it will still read the game written using the software to the sd card, like the old versions of gateway.

Then I'm sure you could explain why Omega couldn't find any games that previously I was able to play before the Omega update. :D.

*EDIT*..

Then again, I never pressed "SHIFT" either. Guess I'll give that a try first!

Reactions: cearp

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
any 1 link me up to a step by step to set it up i only got 1.2 on mine at mo and dont want to mess anything up maybe some should make a video how to install omega and how to set micro sd for games
Since you already use 1.2 I will jump the more mundane steps.

1 - Replace launcher.dat of your 3DS SD card with the new one.
2 - When you try to run gateway mode with your red Gateway card it will ask to perform the update on it, accept it, it is a fast process.
Then your red gateway card is ready to go.
3 - Deep breaths and don't freak out when you see the message that there's no card inserted, you now have to press Select and choose the game first (L goes to 1st item on list, R to last, B exit the multirom menu, A accept the selected game), then it will load the ROM and show the proper title screen animation.

4a - As to use ROMs, you can continue to use the old image writing method used until 2.0b2, when you try to use multirom menu to choose it, it will say "RAW game", just press A and wait to the title animation to load. So you are mostly likely ready to do a test run at this point.

4b- Now to use the drag & drop method, you need to format your microSD card to FAT32 or exFAT. With exFAT you only need to drag and drop the ROMs into it and insert them at you gateway.
5 - If you are using FAT32, ROMs bigger than 4gb requires that you split them, but the package provided by gateway or the leaked one provides the tools to PC and MAC. On PC just open the utility, browse the run, click the button, copy all .3dX (X being a number) to the same microSD card.

NOTE: CARD 2/NAND saves games (Animal Crossing, Pokémon X/Y) requires untrimmed ROMs.
eShop titles dumps doesn't work at the moment.
You don't need to press home to save the progress on games, it will save the file on you 3DS SD card when the game try to save.
Emunand preparation is the same as older versions (and have almost if not the same high risk case scenarios where you can update the actual system menu instead of emunand, so exercise caution)

Reactions: IronClouds and sb1

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
two questions I don't see answered yet.

1. if you use classic mode with a retail cart that requires 6.0+firmware like Zelda between worlds do the saves work yet?

2. I recall it being mentioned there was going to be some sort of anti update feature added so that it would be safe to leave wifi on without new firmware downloading or trying to install. did this feature make it in?

sb1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since you already use 1.2 I will jump the more mundane steps.

1 - Replace launcher.dat of your 3DS SD card with the new one.
2 - When you try to run gateway mode with your red Gateway card it will ask to perform the update on it, accept it, it is a fast process.
Then your red gateway card is ready to go.
3 - Deep breaths and don't freak out when you see the message that there's no card inserted, you now have to press Select and choose the game first (L goes to 1st item on list, R to last, B exit the multirom menu, A accept the selected game), then it will load the ROM and show the proper title screen animation.

4a - As to use ROMs, you can continue to use the old image writing method used until 2.0b2, when you try to use multirom menu to choose it, it will say "RAW game", just press A and wait to the title animation to load. So you are mostly likely ready to do a test run at this point.

4b- Now to use the drag & drop method, you need to format your microSD card to FAT32 or exFAT. With exFAT you only need to drag and drop the ROMs into it and insert them at you gateway.
5 - If you are using FAT32, ROMs bigger than 4gb requires that you split them, but the package provided by gateway or the leaked one provides the tools to PC and MAC. On PC just open the utility, browse the run, click the button, copy all .3dX (X being a number) to the same microSD card.

NOTE: CARD 2/NAND saves games (Animal Crossing, Pokémon X/Y) requires untrimmed ROMs.
eShop titles dumps doesn't work at the moment.
You don't need to press home to save the progress on games, it will save the file on you 3DS SD card when the game try to save.
Emunand preparation is the same as older versions (and have almost if not the same high risk case scenarios where you can update the actual system menu instead of emunand, so exercise caution)

thank you for yer help

Rockstead

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on one of the original GW firmwares, I didn't update to EmuNand when I saw people were accidently updating their real Nand.

Has GW done something now to prevent this from happening?

Is it safe to leave wireless on now? Play games online?
Will it prevent original games from updating Nand?

OP,
Could you add a link to the first page with a guide on how to do the install.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Well, I'm able to back up my pokeY save and restore it to my game file. Pretty Cool. :P
Even works when the rom is played on another system but unfortunately, didn't work when transferred to the physical cartridge. The Powersave upload service refused to patch it as well.

But at least we can now back up our poke saves and possibly even trade them.
Just run the script in the same directory as the rom (named EK2A.3DS) and follow the directions. I've only tested this on PokeY USA, so not sure if it works with other regions/versions as the save offset could be different. DON'T use trimmed roms. Have fun. :)

Code:
save_offset=0x77280000
#for pokemon Y USA, no guarantees for any other version
#use at your own risk, make backups
enter=input("Please enter:\n\n 1 to backup save        (EK2A.3DS -> EK2A.SAV)\n 2 to write save to game (EK2A.SAV -> EK2A.3DS)\n>>>")
f=open("EK2A.3DS","r+b")

if enter==1:
    c=open("EK2A.SAV","wb")
    f.seek(save_offset)
    save=f.read(0x100000)
    c.write(save)
elif enter==2:
    c=open("EK2A.SAV","rb")
    save=c.read()
    f.seek(save_offset)
    f.write(save)
else: