Animal Crossing

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Marc1994, Apr 16, 2010.

Apr 16, 2010

Animal Crossing by Marc1994 at 8:17 PM (1,897 Views / 0 Likes) 20 replies

1. Marc1994
    OP

Member Marc1994 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Does Animal Crossing Wild World work with you?
    0389-0390... That are the EU versions, could someone try it?

They aren't working for me... [​IMG]

2. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    they aren't working for me either, even with the latest loaders.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Try using the official loaders as I know for certain it works 100% with AKAIO 1.5.1

You can place AKMENU4.NDS from official into the AK2LOADER directory, pressing (y) twice on a ROM will then allow you to use that to load a game. It only effects that game, so won't cause any problems. Every other game will still be using the AKAIO loader, it won't effect them.

By Loaders some people can use it to refer to the Entire official or AKAIO package, others simply to the NDS file. In the case it's just the NDS file.

If I remember correctly it should use the original DMA mode by default for animal crossing, but try holding down X as you long the game anyway.

4. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Seems to be working on mine.
    I'm using the #0389 european on akaio 1.6 rc2 rpg.

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Turn off the Cheats in AKAIO and you find they work - That's what I found out anyway

[BTW I think you meant 1.6RC2 and not 1.5RC2]

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    What do you define as not working? I don't have interest in this game but I downloaded and ran it. Game booted up just fine and the interface is fine at the moment.

7. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Works fine for me...

8. WalterCool

Member WalterCool GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    Works fine for me too. Im using the USA dump

9. Marc1994
    OP

Netherlands
    I'm using the 0390 ( yeah i mean 1.6 RC2 ) I've no cheats turned on... Please help?

10. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    The game must be runned on RED DMA MODE (after starting the game press and hold X button, till the red loading sign appears).

I dont know, which version I am using, but I got AK2i with AKAIO 1.6RC2 and it work great (except non-working softreset in this game, althought it is enabled --- this problem is known and maybe someday it will be solved (a little hard as a nut))
    This game automatically runs in RED DMA...

11. Marc1994
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah it does! But I always get 2 blank screens [​IMG]

12. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    If it so, try do dl another version from another source... (google will help, if you dont know where to find it) [​IMG]

Before that, try formating card (maybe it could help too)

btw. I got cheats/ds download play/softreset all enabled and got NO PROBLEM with that...

13. Marc1994
    OP

Netherlands
    It doesn't work, r*****tion 0390 doesn't work.
    Format doesn't work
    What to do?

14. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Download it again, Animal Crossing (E) is 0389 btw. The game took a couple seconds for me once the red DMA disappeared in order to get the red Nintendo Logo. Then a couple more seconds to get the actual menu.

15. Marc1994
    OP

Netherlands
    Doesn't work, i've the red DMA, but after 5 times it doesn't work... I've the retail game, that one does work...

16. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    Erm.. one thing I've noticed here - Marc1994.....

What's your setup ??

As in what is your flashcard (Acekard RPG/2.1/2i) and what it's HW number (in AKAIO press [Start] > Help) & what are you trying to play it on (DSLite/Phat/DSi) ??

Have you tried any other Non-Real (ie ROMS) games - what about the (U) version(s) of ACWW - do they work ??

I'm suprized no-one picked up on the fact that 'Marc' hasn't mentioned if it works on other games as well - it MIGHT be a dodgy flash card

Also what MicroSD card are you using ?? (size/manufacturer) it COULD be a dodgy MSD as well, & HOW have you been formmatting it (Windows or Panasonic formatter)?

17. Marc1994
    OP

Netherlands
    How do you mean my setup?
    My flashcard is Acekard 2i
    HW = 81, i'm trying to play it on my DSlite
    How do you mean non-real games? Grand Theft Auto Chinatown wars can i play...
    The ACWW ( U ) does work!
    I'm using a Sandisk micro SDHC 4 GB, i've formatted it via Windows, FAT 32, fast formatting.

But I need the EU version, cause the EU version has another holidays...

Please help... Mayby you have enough information, to see the solution...

18. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    'Fraid not...

> I first thought you may've had a Ak2.1 - There are a few 'dodgy' ones that has trouble starting games/saving etc
    > I then thought maybe you may've had a clone - but the HW: number matches that for Ak2i
    > I know that Acekard's sometimes have trouble on DSLites due to a 'contact problem' - but usually that's a 'lockup' or freeze problem
    > Maybe the problem was happening on ALL (pirate) games (ie games that are NOT in their original cartridge form that you buy from the shops) - but since GTA works (which I'm guessing is also a Pirate), then that theory out the window
    > I have read that SOME games have trouble with larger MSD cards (>=16Gb) - but since you've got a 4Gb, then that not the problem
    > I suspected you may've had a 'cloned' MSD - some Kingstons have been found to be 'fakes'. but you've mentioned you're using a Sandisk

The ONLY thing(s) I can see that MIGHT be a problem is you say you format using 'Windows, FAT32, Fast Formatting'.
    I have read that Windows don't format to the proper MicroSD Standard - Have you tried formatting using the 'Panasonic Formatter' ??

The other thing... Have you 'trimmed' the game or tried another download from another site of ACWW (E) ?? - you may have a bad dump version

Oh one more thing - I mentioned in an earlier post about - 'Have you got cheats enabled' to which you replied 'I have no cheats turned on' ....
    But I realise you may've meant that you've selected NO cheats for the game, but what I meant was is the 'Cheats Enabled' options 'On' in AKAIO ???
    (Press [Start] > System Properties > Left or Right trigger until you see 'Cheats' > Make sure it's 'Disabled')

Even if you select no cheats for the game - ACWW does lock up if the Option is 'Enabled' in AKAIO system properties

19. Marc1994
    OP

Netherlands
    Do you think it does work with triming? I don't know how... And i've tried 2 dumps, and 1 of them does work on the original R4, so it won't be the game...

I haven't trimmed, so how can I do that? I'll try formatting later again.

20. Marc1994
    OP

Netherlands
    Thank You! Thank you so much!

It does work, after disable the cheats into the properties of the game, i thought i've disabled all the cheats by turning them off, but the cheat database was still on, so now it fixed!!

This topic can be locked! [​IMG]