Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi

uhm i wanted to download animal crossing 4 the wii
but then i saw that there are maaaaannnyyy from 500 GB with a lot of seeders
and there are some from 4,.. GB with not many seeders
The title of 1 with 4gb is animalcrossing city folk PATCH ?

Do i need that patch ?
Where is it for ?
If i need it ... can i patch it myself ?

Thanks...

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
...google wont help me... so ... pleaassse tell me (
tongue.gif
)

joshe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12philip12 said:
Hi

uhm i wanted to download animal crossing 4 the wii
but then i saw that there are maaaaannnyyy from 500 GB with a lot of seeders
and there are some from 4,.. GB with not many seeders
The title of 1 with 4gb is animalcrossing city folk PATCH ?

Do i need that patch ?
Where is it for ?
If i need it ... can i patch it myself ?

Thanks...

it should say 4.37GB or around there cause thats the right size for a normal wii game
umm for the patch i dunno. i just download it then burn it with img burn so i think that means unpatched. it works fine for me on 0.3g so i'm pretty sure you dont need the patch.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all. No need to double post. There's an edit button. And, you gave up after 20 minutes of google searching?

Patched could possibly mean that it's been patched with an update remover. I wouldn't know for sure though.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt there is a 500gig version of Animal Crossing City Folk out there... and if your retarded enough to download it, by all means, waste 90 some DVD's burning it.

There are 2 versions of AC:CF available to download. 4.37GB, and 444MB.

the 4.37Gig version is the FULL disc with updates. It will take a god awful time to download.

the 444Meg is the scrubbed, update removed version. It will be compressed, so when you unzip it, it will come out to 4.37gig, which you then burn to a DVD, and enjoy the game.

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WTF ?

I ve burned the 447 MB
And i get the screen in my wii menu from animal crossing
but when i start the game i get a black screen...
So... i guess i NEED the update but it has reeeeaaaaallyy NOT much seeders
so is there something where can i download the update from (Apart) ?

Thankksss ...

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
12philip12 said:
WTF ?

I ve burned the 447 MB

Thankksss ...
Use GeckoOS.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sonicandtails said:
12philip12 said:
WTF ?

I ve burned the 447 MB

Thankksss ...
Use GeckoOS.

Animal Crossing works fine on my Wii though :

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If the ISO compress into a 400MB rar file, then the iso is only 400MB big, the others 3.5GB you see is just blank data.
Knowing that the game is only 400MB is so motivating...

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well IT IS Animal Crossing you know. Doesn't really have top notch graphics y'know ? 400MB is fair enough for a game like this. Could be even a smaller.. easily.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As said it's something like '' empty data ''.. I'm not really what's that supposed to mean and what's the point in 4GB ISO anyway if the game is 400mb but.. oh well.

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Distrance said:
As said it's something like '' empty data ''.. I'm not really what's that supposed to mean and what's the point in 4GB ISO anyway if the game is 400mb but.. oh well.

I'll try to explain. I'll use DS cartridges as examples.

Games come in multiple of 8mb.

8, 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256.

If a game was 117mb, it'd fall under the 128mb cartridge. Why? 'cause it's the one that can store all of it without too much memory wasted. That leaves 11mb of wasted space. That's why we have rom trimmers (which we called "scrubbed" for Wii iso) to trim down the blank data. Animal crossing normally has 400mb of data. All the other data fit on the DVD is blank. Why a DVD then? Because it is standard to use a DVD.

Hope this helped you.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
your better off not using the scrubbed version it always causes problems. and 4 gb doesnt take long to download 1 half hours for me
tongue.gif

You can also unscrub games with Wii Scrubber v1.31, so if you don't like to burn scrubbed games you can still download a scrubbed version, unscrub it, and then burn it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I get that but when I downloaded Animal Crossing in archive, it was 400MB. When I extracted it out, it was 4.6GB. I don't get how the archive, and scrubbing are related, and how can you make 4.6GB file into 400MB archive file..

Blade, what do you base on your statement that they cause problems ? I burned some other scrubbed games.. Not animal crossing. NONE of them has worked in any negative way. In fact, they all play perfectly.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Distrance said:
I don't get how the archive, and scrubbing are related, and how can you make 4.6GB file into 400MB archive file.

For some games (such as AC:CF and many others), only a little bit of actual disc space is required for the game files. Some games only use 10% of the total DVD capacity, it ranges basically from 10% to 100%. The unused portion of the disc is filled with garbage. The partition table on the disc tells the Wii where to look on the disc for actual game data. The garbage areas are ignored by the Wii, since the partition table doesn't have any entries for those areas so the Wii knows to stay away.

However due to this garbage being there, when you try to compress the ISO you'll get a marginally smaller file (perhaps 4.1gb instead of 4.3gb). The reason is, all that garbage has to be compressed as well, which is basically wasted space, time, and bandwidth.

That's where Wii Scrubber comes in. Just like the Wii, it reads the partition table to determine where the game area is, and which areas are garbage (unused). Then it overwrites the garbage areas with a uniform value (0xFF). When uncompressed, the file is still 4.3gb because it contains loads of 'filler' data, again this is garbage but now it's a type of garbage that is archive friendly.

So when you compress the ISO file (using WinRAR for example), now all of the FF's can be turned into a single value inside the RAR file that says "there are this many FF's in these positions". So instead of your computer storing all those FF's, now it just stores a copy of how many there are, and where they are. This makes the file significantly smaller when it's compressed, instead of compressing the original ISO that has garbage data in it.

Then when you decompress the file, all those FF's are returned to their original positions and voila, the file returns to it's original size. The game should still play perfectly, since none of the data touched by Wii Scrubber is ever actually used. Of course there might be some games that run sanity checks on the garbage data for copy protection, I'm not sure.

So in the case of Animal Crossing, when the scrubbed ISO is compressed there is only 450mb or so of actual data (that isn't FF). Some games are more (say 1.8gb to 3.5gb), and believe it or not, some are less (Offroad Extreme is 226mb when scrubbed and compressed).

Most games have the game data files in the root of the ISO partition, however some games use a "Resource.rez" (or similar file like "data.big") to hold all of the data in one central file. This prevents people from extracting/changing the game, at least until the compression algorithm of the rez/big files is reverse engineered. These games are typically large (3.8gb or larger) and do not scrub well.

Just thought I'd toss out some of the info I've learned reading these forums and poking around with Trucha Signer and Wii Scrubber.
smile.gif

Anakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dteyn said:
Bladexdsl said:
your better off not using the scrubbed version it always causes problems. and 4 gb doesnt take long to download 1 half hours for me
tongue.gif

You can also unscrub games with Wii Scrubber v1.31, so if you don't like to burn scrubbed games you can still download a scrubbed version, unscrub it, and then burn it.

Really..? I never knew that. Are there any disadvantages of this method? If not, I might as well keep doing this instead 'cause that'll save me a lot of bandwidth. I only get 60gb per month. :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!