ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

newageretro

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm having some trouble removing glitched patterns. This is causing the change of my character and town name, and also the inability to use the touch screen. Everything else is fine. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I've been using the NLSE for a few weeks and know my way around. Everything's been going fine until this. Even if someone has .acnl files that I can use to replace the glitched ones would be great. :(

EDIT: The designs in Ables Sisters aren't glitched so I'm replacing the glitched ones with the reg ones. Seems to be working.

Last edited by newageretro,

OiNoww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. I was trying to read a design in the online save editor and it didn't work, so it messed up. It's name was very long and was composed of dozens of Japanese characters. When I injected and loaded into the game my town name and mayor name was messed up (tons of those ? Blocks and one Japanese character in the midst) and I had the emotion and best friend menu now unlocked. There was no map and in the regular menu I couldn't tap anything on the touch screen. My TPC, Encyclopedia and new Joke Book had emotions and bugs I had never caught in my new town. I could only access them inside my house. Trying to engage with my pockets or weird mail resulted in the game crashing.

Can someone tell me how this happened, exactly? Because that's something they should really fix if it's going to cause such issues for people who just accidentally read a .acnl file incorrectly.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I'm having some trouble removing glitched patterns. This is causing the change of my character and town name, and also the inability to use the touch screen. Everything else is fine. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I've been using the NLSE for a few weeks and know my way around. Everything's been going fine until this. Even if someone has .acnl files that I can use to replace the glitched ones would be great. :(

EDIT: The designs in Ables Sisters aren't glitched so I'm replacing the glitched ones with the reg ones. Seems to be working.
I'm having the same problem. I was trying to read a design in the online save editor and it didn't work, so it messed up. It's name was very long and was composed of dozens of Japanese characters. When I injected and loaded into the game my town name and mayor name was messed up (tons of those ? Blocks and one Japanese character in the midst) and I had the emotion and best friend menu now unlocked. There was no map and in the regular menu I couldn't tap anything on the touch screen. My TPC, Encyclopedia and new Joke Book had emotions and bugs I had never caught in my new town. I could only access them inside my house. Trying to engage with my pockets or weird mail resulted in the game crashing.

Can someone tell me how this happened, exactly? Because that's something they should really fix if it's going to cause such issues for people who just accidentally read a .acnl file incorrectly.
Please, before reporting these kind of bugs, try to explain everything you did.
The most important question is... What pattern did you import? How big the .acnl file was? Was it a standee pattern by any chance?

If you used NLSE, I cannot help you, sorry.
Oh, and always keep a backup of your savegames, I'm getting tired of repeating it over and over :-(

OiNoww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure how to import an .acnl file. I've never heard of the thing. I thought you had to enter in a qr code like you would in Thulimna's Pattern Tool. Sorry. It gave me no choice to undo something. No directions at all. And I have backups. You shouldn't have to repeat that. It's the person's loss if they don't follow the most important direction.

I was not exactly asking for help but more for explanation if you have one.

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I wasn't sure how to import an .acnl file. I've never heard of the thing. I thought you had to enter in a qr code like you would in Thulimna's Pattern Tool. Sorry. It gave me no choice to undo something. No directions at all. And I have backups. You shouldn't have to repeat that. It's the person's loss if they don't follow the most important direction.

I was not exactly asking for help but more for explanation if you have one.
I'm thought that was fixed a long ago, but I'll take a look at it again. Thank you :-)

EDIT: Oh now I see, this was fixed a few weeks ago, but the new version was not uploaded yet. I hope to reach 1.0 this week.
hey Marc! do you think it would be possible to add a feature that clears out your past villagers?
It's possible, but I don't know if there are secondary effects, so no.

Last edited by marc_max,

OiNoww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you as well. Turns out I had a more recent backup than I thought, so I didn't lose a speck of data.

Sorry about the temper, though. I have no complaints...Any problems I have ever ran into were solved shortly after. I doubt this would be easy to make, but a Nookling shop chooser? So you would be able to choose any type of Timmy & Tommy's shop? Just an idea I had that may be useful. :P

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
1.0 RC4 is uploaded now! Fill player encyclopedia and past villager & lost+found edition is here!

As always: force a cache refresh (Ctrl+F5) in order to retrieve the latest editor files.

Sorry about the temper, though. I have no complaints...Any problems I have ever ran into were solved shortly after. I doubt this would be easy to make, but a Nookling shop chooser? So you would be able to choose any type of Timmy & Tommy's shop? Just an idea I had that may be useful. :P
It's definitely possible. However, touching those bytes may lead to savegame glitches, so I would only implement it if is documented and tested.

Phantop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me redump real quick and check...

Also, is the dumper supposed to give no feedback if its glitchy? It crashes after dumping.

[EDIT] It was at 90%, works now.

Last edited by Phantop,
Reactions: regigiygas

EmmBee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Marc, I love your editor. I was wondering if you'd consider an option for directly editing player house exteriors (fence, pavement, siding, roof, mailbox, and door)? Waiting for Nook to have a specific part on display takes forever. I know this can be done with hex editing, but it would be awesome if I could use the editor to make it easier. Thanks for considering it!

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything in the editor works well as expected. Nice to see a very clean and commented script file as well, I may contribute in the future if possible.

A few things I hope for in the future:
  • Appearance editor (shirt,pants,socks,shoes,hair,face,skin tone [I know this one exists])
  • Unlock all emotions
  • Name editor (is this even possible?)
  • Museum finisher
  • Town building style changer (Default, Fairytail, etc.. for Town Hall, Train Station, Museum..)
  • Max upgrade buildings in the city
  • Place PWP objects instead of replacing (This might not be possible..)
  • Change bridge styles
  • Change ABD amount (As opposed to just 'maxing' [which works well])
Thanks for the awesome editor!

It'd also be nice if we could zoom in on the map, because I find that clicking the little tiny squares I end up throwing stuff everywhere accidentally once in a while.. Oh, and an undo+redo function would be really great!

If there's any way I can help, please let me know.

Reactions: CeIIophane

atomicmina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few things I hope for in the future:
  • Name editor (is this even possible?)
  • Town building style changer (Default, Fairytail, etc.. for Town Hall, Train Station, Museum..)
I'm using the NLSE app on computer and I can do these ! Also, with the old method, I remember Hex editing my save file to change my town name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him