ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
can someone help? i downloaded the tubehax and stuff and when i downloaded the save_manager it doesnt show up in the homebrew? did i do something wrong? i tried placing it in the 3ds map on my sd card and just on my sd card itself. does anyone know what i can do?
This isn't the thread for that, but I will answer anyway. The .3dsx needs to have the same name as the folder.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
The item generator isn't working anymore?
I deleted it because I thought no one was using it, lol. It's up again :-)
The new editor cant read my acnlram.bin file. I tried every file I had, but it just says: INVALID RAM FILE :(
How big is your acnlram.bin?
If it's bigger than 520kb then you are using the old format and it's not supported anymore.
In order to create a new RAM file using the new format, you must follow the new instructions.

I'm not going to restore support for those old files this time.
The reason is it's bigger than the real savegame, and it may be killing some needed bytes when injecting.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I deleted it because I thought no one was using it, lol. It's up again :-)

How big is your acnlram.bin?
If it's bigger than 520kb then you are using the old format and it's not supported anymore.
In order to create a new RAM file using the new format, you must follow the new instructions.

I'm not going to restore support for those old files this time.
The reason is it's bigger than the real savegame, and it may be killing some needed bytes when injecting.

Where are these new instructions? Please tell me that I can still inject and dump rams using my old 3DS w/ the exploitable firmware? Like I know it's selfish of me to be whining but I have quite a few people relying on me for items and villagers.

And does this mean that all of the "old" rams are useless? Because if it does then that means all of our backups of our towns are lost.. :/

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Since I've been getting so many complaints about AC:NL hacking (that are not related to me, by the way) lately I've decided to host all executables on my server. Please read carefully the new instructions for RAM hacking.

It may seem harder to configure now, but it really isn't. Indeed, once you've get configured it will be easier and faster to dump and inject now (no QR codes nor extra files on SD involved anymore).
link doesnt work

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Where are these new instructions? Please tell me that I can still inject and dump rams using my old 3DS w/ the exploitable firmware? Like I know it's selfish of me to be whining but I have quite a few people relying on me for items and villagers.

And does this mean that all of the "old" rams are useless? Because if it does then that means all of our backups of our towns are lost.. :/
http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/help.html :-)
No, your old RAM dumps are not lost. They are not compatible with the editor, but the information is still there. You can truncate them to the new size at anytime by using an hex editor, and they'll become compatible.

I like the acre editor, but do you think you could add support for island acres? The values are in the ram editing discussion thread somewhere.
It's still an experimental feature.
I've been bugged by a lot of PMs regarding problems with NAND values, lost savegames, etc. lately. And I don't want this to happen again because it's a pain in the ass. Sorry if I'm being too sincere, but I'm tired of whinings, insults and people wanting me to fix their faults.

So I just want to be sure that everything is safe. Acre editing is very risky, so I've added that warning button before starting. But still, I don't know the possibilities of editing outer acres at map/island. I remember reading a lot of people ruining their savegames (and a few blaming my RAM editor lol) while editing the acre map.

Reactions: Jwiz33

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
No, your old RAM dumps are not lost. They are not compatible with the editor, but the information is still there. You can truncate them to the new size at anytime by using an hex editor, and they'll become compatible.

I've been bugged by a lot of PMs regarding problems with NAND values, lost savegames, etc. lately. And I don't want this to happen again because it's a pain in the ass. Sorry if I'm being too sincere, but I'm tired of whinings, insults and people wanting me to fix their faults.

So I just want to be sure that everything is safe. Acre editing is very risky, so I've added that warning button before starting. But still, I don't know the possibilities of editing outer acres at map/island. I remember reading a lot of people ruining their savegames (and a few blaming my RAM editor lol) while editing the acre map.

TY!

Reactions: marc_max

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

Ah, I get it. Do you, by any chance, know the offsets for the island acres?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Where is the new dump and inject files????
There are no files for the RAM method anymore.
Hey Marc, I haven't been there for a while, so what are the differences between the old ram editor and the new save editor ?
It's compatible with either RAM dumps and clean garden.dat files. There are new features like importing/exporting patterns (even into unused players, so you can take advantage of that unused bytes to store patterns, and then place them into the ground with the map editor), acre editor, NAND value transfer and some aesthetic changes.
It's exactly the same except that the old ram files with the best friend data are not supported anymore ?
Best friend data has never been supported lol
If you talk about the 768kb dumps. I even didn't know that the data excess had best friend information. But that's good to know because now I have even more reasons to drop its support, since it never was a good idea to inject data past the savegame end.
What is "NLSE" ?
It's another editor. But this isn't the topic to talk about it.

JoJodude

Trophies
XP
Country
There are no files for the RAM method anymore.

It's compatible with either RAM dumps and clean garden.dat files. There are new features like importing/exporting patterns (even into unused players, so you can take advantage of that unused bytes to store patterns, and then place them into the ground with the map editor), acre editor, NAND value transfer and some aesthetic changes.

Best friend data has never been supported lol
If you talk about the 768kb dumps. I even didn't know that the data excess had best friend information. But that's good to know because now I have even more reasons to drop its support, since it never was a good idea to inject data past the savegame end.

It's another editor. But this isn't the topic to talk about it.
How do I get the garden.dat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.