ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'd trust Cey with that.

In other news, I managed to change furniture in the animal villagers houses. I just managed to import my main town's Zell furniture in the vanilla Zell I have created for my friendship level tests. The information is just before the catchphrase, if I understood right. I just need to test some more. :)

I'm going to see if I can get something working for sheer lulz.

EDIT: I MAY HAVE FIGURED OUT HOW TO CHANGE THE MUSIC IN AN ANIMAL VILLAGER'S ROOM. Gotta test if it's working, and then PLAY STALE CUPCAKES EVERYWHERE.

EDIT #2 MYTH CONFIRMED

tumblr_nn57qix8BX1r9tg4oo2_400.jpg

Furniture can be changed (that lily record player was not there before) but things like pics of villagers cannot be put in a villager's house.

In theory, the bytes to modify for VILLAGER #10 are starting at 0x3ed9a and finishing at 0x3ede9. So, like two bytes before the catchphrase.

0x3ed9a - 0x3ed9b is the song in the room

There is a pair of nullbyte after

0x3ed9e - 0x3ed9f is the wallpaper

0x3eda2 - 0x3eda3 is the flooring

0x3eda6 - 0x3eda7 is the umbrella the villager is using

Pair of nullbytes after

The rest of the bytes seems to be the furniture, pair of nullbyte, furniture, pair of nullbyte, you get the pattern.

Again, this is for villager 10 because I'm testing things with that one D:

I... love you for finding this.
Seriously, thank you! So many of my villagers have terrible songs, wallpaper, and flooring. Please update us when you find 1-9 as well. :)

ACNL Zander

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dMjem.jpg

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=68375460578143597686

Yes. Exactly. What. You also have no idea how long, and how much effort it was to make this single post. So please, bear with me- as I am desperate for a solution.

Editing through Mark's and the acre editor. I'm assuming ever since I remade my map, including the beaches, it must have created a gap between the dock, and my beach. But I was able to meet with tortimer on the dock once the game pinged me to. I think just recently though the gap came back, and in my attempts to reposition the dock and island basket, I got this. I'm at a loss at what to do.

Ive tried moving both those elements through Mark's.
I don't know how to hex edit.
I've uploaded my acnlrom.bin in case you want to see this firsthand.

skeletape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem you had for a past week; I bricked my copy and the ABXY method didn't work at all.

But somehow, I just fixed my game today. It looks like the Save Restore from NeoKamek's thread fixes the problem if you use it in the loading screen before the error happens.

EDIT: Make sure you wipe out the entire save file, otherwise you'll fall into the same problem again.

Thanks for the reply! When you say erase the save file, do you mean the acnlram.bin file? Let me know and I'll go try this out. Hopefully some kind of Q&A can happen so people with this issue won't be in as much of a panic as I was in and can have some options. I really don't want to lose my first game :(

Belphybear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply! When you say erase the save file, do you mean the acnlram.bin file? Let me know and I'll go try this out. Hopefully some kind of Q&A can happen so people with this issue won't be in as much of a panic as I was in and can have some options. I really don't want to lose my first game :(
I meant the actual save data. It seems you won't be able to use the ABXY method straight after the backup is injected, so you erase the data the other normal way by asking Isabelle to "recreate the town". Not erasing the save data before quitting to the home menu leaves the 3DS hanging on the closing game notice; forcing you to manually close the 3DS with the power button. And opening the game again will bring up the ABXY problem again, so erasing the save data is a must.

Maybe it's possible to save the town's progress by playing as your character and then saving, but I was pretty scared to try anything else.

LucasEarthbound18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone help me? I went to the website in the browser and it crashes, but the bin file never shows up on the SD card. I'm on firmware 9.5.0-22 and I'm using an SDHC SD card, could either of those be the problem?

BanhMiCali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant the actual save data. It seems you won't be able to use the ABXY method straight after the backup is injected, so you erase the data the other normal way by asking Isabelle to "recreate the town". Not erasing the save data before quitting to the home menu leaves the 3DS hanging on the closing game notice; forcing you to manually close the 3DS with the power button. And opening the game again will bring up the ABXY problem again, so erasing the save data is a must.

Maybe it's possible to save the town's progress by playing as your character and then saving, but I was pretty scared to try anything else.

I was actually able to do the ABXY thing right after I injected the backup! I didn't try doing anything besides using the save restore tool and immediately pressing ABXY. By the way skeletape, the game's save data isn't actually stored in any of the .bin files that we normally access for editing. The save data is written directly onto the cartridge, and what we're doing when we inject/dump is copying all the data from our .bin file onto the cartridge/vice versa. But, the actual data that the game accesses is the one that's saved to the cartridge! So deleting the acnlram.bin file / etc from our SD card wouldn't do anything to change the state of the game by itself. Hopefully this clears up any conceptual things you might have in mind.

Reactions: Belphybear

japram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone can give me a hint how to use my save data on both nand is linked tks

sysnand 9.2 acnl eshop - ram inject save file
emunand 9.7 rxtools - save error not update

reason emunand 9.7 i can use fc able visit friend to pass golden tools as a present.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I... love you for finding this.
Seriously, thank you! So many of my villagers have terrible songs, wallpaper, and flooring. Please update us when you find 1-9 as well. :)
I KNOW THE FEELING. I have Pietro. I love Pietro. Pietro was a dreamie and finally getting him pleased me. I hate his wallpaper and flooring.

Aww, thanks.

Expect them by friday, I'm probably going to go back to tackle villager happiness values over the rest of the week, but these shouldn't be long to figure out, so maybe tomorrow morning!

Reactions: JJarmon

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to successfully edit the happiness of a villager.

I started a new town today, and used leaftools to evict the villager I edited and when he left, he sent me his picture, despite knowing me for 30 minutes.

Sadly, the process is a little complex, especially if the villager comes from another town. D: I was really hoping for it to be simple, but it's not really as easy as it seems.

You just need to have talked to the villager a little (A villager I never talked to before he moved away did not send me his picture, but Vic, who I talked to about 12 times altogether has)

I'll tell you you're better off checking manually.
This is what you should be looking for.

tumblr_nn76iuG0BI1r9tg4oo1_540.png

This is the section in your villager's information where they have their greeting, and their nickname for you stored. There should be one of these for EVERY PLAYER who have talked to this character, including people from foreign towns.

(My Yuka still had the happiness values from the time she lived in my boyfriend's town)

From what I can see so far, it's 6 bytes BEFORE the start of the town name at the bottom. I have multiple towns I can use to verify how it works. I just changed the data that was there to the value you can see in my red square : FF 01.

I'm going to look into it more over the weekend, and test it further. But, so far I'm on the right track and I'm really, really pleased.

Unless I'm done with testing and 100% sure I know what triggers it, I'll tell you to not take everything I say for cash. Also, it's 4am and I know this post is a mess.

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I start editing my villagers, I just wanted some clarification. Will changing my villagers to villagers that recently moved out screw up my game in any way? I know that you're supposed to normally wait for a full rotation of villagers (so 10 new villagers moving in) before you're able to get back a villager, so thought I should ask before doing anything. Is there an easy way to edit the rotation just in case?

Onzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello , I changed my city with Marc editor (Just put flowers on the grass and objects in my locker ) . I put my new backup in the root of my SD card and then I remove my SD card from my computer. I put it in my 3DS and I turn it on I go to the game I move my character, I 'm going to the menu and man on the Web and I inject . The screen turns green, I return to the HOME menu and go back to the game. Porblème when I turn on the game screen and the game crashes leaves , ammene me home menu with an error. And it extinguishes my 3DS. I tried to try again several times but to no avail .. Can you please help me I would appreciate it.
:cry:

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello , I changed my city with Marc editor (Just put flowers on the grass and objects in my locker ) . I put my new backup in the root of my SD card and then I remove my SD card from my computer. I put it in my 3DS and I turn it on I go to the game I move my character, I 'm going to the menu and man on the Web and I inject . The screen turns green, I return to the HOME menu and go back to the game. Porblème when I turn on the game screen and the game crashes leaves , ammene me home menu with an error. And it extinguishes my 3DS. I tried to try again several times but to no avail .. Can you please help me I would appreciate it.
:cry:

Do you have a mori.bin save backup? If you do, press and hold A, B, X, and Y at the game start up, and it'll prompt you to erase all your save data, say yes, your game should load again. Once you're back in the game, you then restore the save backup to the cartridge. Stuff like Streetpass houses and post office letters will be gone, but that's about it. Not sure if you can do this with just a acnlram.bin backup, but since you have nothing to lose, I'd give it a shot. In the future though, refer to this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-spider-leaftools-animal-crossing-new-leaf-spiderhax.383773/

If that doesn't work, I just found this a few posts up:

I had the same problem you had for a past week; I bricked my copy and the ABXY method didn't work at all.

But somehow, I just fixed my game today. It looks like the Save Restore from NeoKamek's thread fixes the problem if you use it in the loading screen before the error happens.

EDIT: Make sure you wipe out the entire save file, otherwise you'll fall into the same problem again.

Onzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Non, en fait l'écran bloqué à chaque fois car je mettais une ancienne sauvegarde. Quand on veut changer quelque chose dans la ville il faut prendre seulement la précédente et l'éditée, sauvegarde et échanger les deux. Si on prend une sauvegarde avant la précédente le jeu bug. Merci sinon !

Onzy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Non, en fait l'écran bloqué à chaque fois car je mettais une ancienne sauvegarde. Quand on veut changer quelque chose dans la ville il faut prendre seulement la précédente et l'éditée, sauvegarde et échanger les deux. Si on prend une sauvegarde avant la précédente le jeu bug. Merci sinon !

Sorry I put in english :

No, actually the locked screen each time because I put an old backup . When we want to change something in the city you have to take only the previous and edited, backup and swap the two . If we take a backup before the previous bug game . thank you otherwise

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Before I start editing my villagers, I just wanted some clarification. Will changing my villagers to villagers that recently moved out screw up my game in any way? I know that you're supposed to normally wait for a full rotation of villagers (so 10 new villagers moving in) before you're able to get back a villager, so thought I should ask before doing anything. Is there an easy way to edit the rotation just in case?
A user above has reported a glitch that may be related to this. Yes, it should be better to edit the animal queue, but it's also harder.

z28x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dilemma & if anyone can give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

For the life of me I cannot get this to work. I have the right firmware. 9.2.0-15u. I have redownloaded copied & pasted & deleted. the tools onto my sd card multiple times. I have reset my browser settings multiple times, I have cleared my cookies & history. I have switched out sd cards & acnl cartridges. I have tried on a town that I was already far into and on a town that was new. I have tryed every single thing i could possibly think of to get this to work. I have read through threads, forums, & watched videos on how to so this hack correctly and I am doing it correctly. When I go to dump, every time I get a quick flash of black and it says an error message to restart my device and nothing works, I have tried using leaf tools also. Those hacks are not working either. can someone please help me, I seriously have no idea what I am doing wrong.

kae5738

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So I figured out how to inject other peoples images. The problem is, when I try to put in a custom image, it doesn't show. When the image size is 62x100, it writes past FFD9. At 32x50, it leaves over a chunk of the original profile picture.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
So I figured out how to inject other peoples images. The problem is, when I try to put in a custom image, it doesn't show. When the image size is 62x100, it writes past FFD9. At 32x50, it leaves over a chunk of the original profile picture.
The image is 64x104.
If the image is bigger, compress it even more, remember that is JPG and file size depends on compression level too.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a dilemma & if anyone can give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

For the life of me I cannot get this to work. I have the right firmware. 9.2.0-15u. I have redownloaded copied & pasted & deleted. the tools onto my sd card multiple times. I have reset my browser settings multiple times, I have cleared my cookies & history. I have switched out sd cards & acnl cartridges. I have tried on a town that I was already far into and on a town that was new. I have tryed every single thing i could possibly think of to get this to work. I have read through threads, forums, & watched videos on how to so this hack correctly and I am doing it correctly. When I go to dump, every time I get a quick flash of black and it says an error message to restart my device and nothing works, I have tried using leaf tools also. Those hacks are not working either. can someone please help me, I seriously have no idea what I am doing wrong.

9.2.0-15U? IIRC you're browser version may be too low for this. Have you ever updated your system firmware through a game? Through the internet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo