ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

delphine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
(me again), since I couldn't get a ram file using the steps on the first post, I decided to get a save backup using this method, and got a file named mori.bin: now, for this method, they said, "As a bonus, this file is compatible with Marc Max's ACNL Save Editor [...]. You will be told the RAM file is invalid, but you'll be allowed to edit it anyway", but as a matter of fact, the site does tell me "invalid ram file", but I can't edit it afterwards. Anyone used this method, and succeeded?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
(me again), since I couldn't get a ram file using the steps on the first post, I decided to get a save backup using this method, and got a file named mori.bin: now, for this method, they said, "As a bonus, this file is compatible with Marc Max's ACNL Save Editor [...]. You will be told the RAM file is invalid, but you'll be allowed to edit it anyway", but as a matter of fact, the site does tell me "invalid ram file", but I can't edit it afterwards. Anyone used this method, and succeeded?
I thought that was fixed. How big is your mori.bin file?

delphine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought that was fixed. How big is your mori.bin file?

Seeing that it didn't work, I deleted it (I'm not very comfortable hacking games because I don't really understand most of the process). But it was a fairly new and not very developed town, not sure but that may be the reason why it didn't work?

Then again it's probably just because my version wasn't strictly between 9.0 and 9.5.

EDIT: I tried to get the right version with a recent game but it gave me the latest one and not a 9.2 version – so now both my consoles have the 9.7 update. I could borrow a friend's 3DS which has the 6.2.0-12E one, but I'm afraid it wouldn't work either because it's too old.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Seeing that it didn't work, I deleted it (I'm not very comfortable hacking games because I don't really understand most of the process). But it was a fairly new and not very developed town, not sure but that may be the reason why it didn't work?

Then again it's probably just because my version wasn't strictly between 9.0 and 9.5.

EDIT: I tried to get the right version with a recent game but it gave me the latest one and not a 9.2 version – so now both my consoles have the 9.7 update. I could borrow a friend's 3DS which has the 6.2.0-12E one, but I'm afraid it wouldn't work either because it's too old.
The mori.bin filesize is always the same regardless of your town stats.

You must update through game card, not internet. If you update throught internet you'll get the latest 9.7 version.

delphine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The mori.bin filesize is always the same regardless of your town stats.

You must update through game card, not internet. If you update throught internet you'll get the latest 9.7 version.

That was my mistake. I thought that by using my OR Pokémon game (which needs updates to work correctly), the 3DS would update the console itself but not to the latest version. I just don't want to spend 40€ in a game for that solely purpose (but if anyone can name a few games that are confirmed to update the console to 9.2 or something like that, please let me know).

Could I just get a clear, final answer for this one last question, and then I'll stop bothering you (thanks a lot for the answers so far); is it really not possible to edit a town with a version prior to a 9.0? Very sorry if that has been asked before, or if I'm too much of a noob and didn't understand this before like I should have.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That was my mistake. I thought that by using my OR Pokémon game (which needs updates to work correctly), the 3DS would update the console itself but not to the latest version. I just don't want to spend 40€ in a game for that solely purpose (but if anyone can name a few games that are confirmed to update the console to 9.2 or something like that, please let me know).

Could I just get a clear, final answer for this one last question, and then I'll stop bothering you (thanks a lot for the answers so far); is it really not possible to edit a town with a version prior to a 9.0? Very sorry if that has been asked before, or if I'm too much of a noob and didn't understand this before like I should have.

Some people managed to be able to edit with a 8.1 version, but not everyone, which is why 9.0-9.4 are what is recommanded.

D

Deleted User

Hey, can you put a house furniture editor, or a way to edit the furniture in the villagers and players houses, I know that the acnlram.bin file doesn't store house furniture data but, the mori.bin does. Maybe add that for the mori.bin. Please??:lol:

mnmnmnmnmnmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is the new one but the Version is 9.5.0-22U. Would this still work? Why would the ram editor not work for the New 3DS? If I have the right system version and I can switch my SD card to computer then shouldn't it still work? I'm thinking of trying it out.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
My 3DS is the new one but the Version is 9.5.0-22U. Would this still work? Why would the ram editor not work for the New 3DS? If I have the right system version and I can switch my SD card to computer then shouldn't it still work? I'm thinking of trying it out.
The New 3DS browser is different, it can't be exploited using the same method.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country

Did you even bother to read the OP at all?

I love how even though specifying which 3DS these hacks will work for, people still feel the need to create posts with crap like "will this work on my DS? It has the firmware ______".

If the OP says that the hacks support your 3Ds, then they should work.
If there is no notice of your 3DS being found to work w/ the hacks, then it should not work.

Y'know, you could always try the hacks out for yourself instead of spamming this thread with the same sort of questions which have been answered numerous times in the past...

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you even bother to read the OP at all?

I love how even though specifying which 3DS these hacks will work for, people still feel the need to create posts with crap like "will this work on my DS? It has the firmware ______".

If the OP says that the hacks support your 3Ds, then they should work.
If there is no notice of your 3DS being found to work w/ the hacks, then it should not work.

Y'know, you could always try the hacks out for yourself instead of spamming this thread with the same sort of questions which have been answered numerous times in the past...

There are some browser versions who are apparently iffier than others.

1.7585 works fine for me on my 9.4.022 but I read some people with the same system version but their browser in 1.7552(i think) are having issues

Bailey Ross

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I love this editor, but I'm currently having two problems:
1) So, my map doesn't put things in the right places, like items are shifted all over my map. Shells that spawn randomly everyday can be found in the middle of the ocean instead of on the shoreline, for example.
2) When I move villager houses, not only does it leave an invisible space that I can't walk over where the villager was previously, but I can walk through the new placed house as if it didn't exist, and I haven't had the o
Post a picture of your town map

Save and reload the game, problem solved

Here is a picture of my map, and thank you I'll try that!
acnlrammap.jpg

D

Deleted User

Hello, I love this editor, but I'm currently having two problems:
1) So, my map doesn't put things in the right places, like items are shifted all over my map. Shells that spawn randomly everyday can be found in the middle of the ocean instead of on the shoreline, for example.
2) When I move villager houses, not only does it leave an invisible space that I can't walk over where the villager was previously, but I can walk through the new placed house as if it didn't exist, and I haven't had the o

Here is a picture of my map, and thank you I'll try that!View attachment 18493
... DAT MAP DOE!

forestcrxsser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to see if you've zoomed it too far out on your browser, 90% usually makes it look like this, make sure it's past 100% and your map will look normal again!

forestcrxsser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My map doesn't actually look like that though... That's why I need help xD like nothing is actually in the water in my town.
Try to see if you've zoomed it too far out on your browser, 90% usually makes it look like this, make sure it's past 100% and your map will look normal again!

Cube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, when I try to inject the edited ram and go into acnl back again, it instantly freezes. any suggestions what could be wrong? i injected of course outside of a building.

Thank you in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: