ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

D

Deleted User

Hey bro!

What did they add in the editor today?
I see that it got an update, I just don't know what changed.

I think I found a way to troll people who come in your town, let me explain (with my poor english)

-Edit your save and put 16 scavenger hunt-list in the ground
-Invite someone, and tell him that you can sell the tickets for a big amount of money
-He will grab the tickets eventually
-Save now

If he can't edit his save, or buy a powersave tool, he will have his pocket full of tickets for ever because there is no way to drop/destroy them

Yeah, let's not be a jerk please.

Nintendo_Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did they add in the editor today?
I see that it got an update, I just don't know what changed.

Err guys, I have a major problem.. I injected my original town back, and i can't even go in my house, and a ton of things are missing o_o like floating flowers and I can't walk there... wtf

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Sure, but it could be a "revenge" method, you know (though it would require a bit of social engineering if you want an enemy taking all the tickets)

Another funny thing is to spam use a chronometer on the club tortimer wifi isles, people will be like "wtf"

D

Deleted User

Sure, but it could be a "revenge" method, you know (though it would require a bit of social engineering if you want an enemy taking all the tickets)

Another funny thing is to spam use a chronometer on the club tortimer wifi isles, people will be like "wtf"
Whats that? A chronometer??

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
The chronometer ? I don't know if it's the correct english word for that... Might be "stopwatch", you know, the yellow item that you can buy to measure the time and count how many bugs/fishes you've captured in 3/5/10/15 minutes

How about let's not ruin other people's games, hm? If shit like this starts getting out it will give Nintendo an incentive to update the game and make it so you need the latest firmware version to get online, as with Pokemon and Smash.

Well, you're right, I might delete the message, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who got the idea so they'll do it anyways

D

Deleted User

How about let's not ruin other people's games, hm? If shit like this starts getting out it will give Nintendo an incentive to update the game and make it so you need the latest firmware version to get online, as with Pokemon and Smash.
You do have a point there.
The trolling or just being an asshole can wait. FOREVER!

Sakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not really sure where this should go, but just a bit of info for newbies like me that might be useful.

-When using Froggestpirit's fab map editor, bear in mind that the edges of the town will not be changed. So be aware of ocean and some waterfalls because although you can edit those in the tools, the edges will retain the features of your orignal map. It's the waterfall that enters the town and is not by the ocean that cannot be changed. You can change the waterfalls where they exit into the ocean providing there is ocean already there.

-When you have used the map editor, the grass will be bare where the river once flowed. Use the Leaftools grass seeder for that. After a day the normal bare patches will return, but the grass remains where your river used to be so no more desert.

-When using the RAM editor, it is easier, if your aim is to change about the placement of villager houses and pwps if you demolish in game those pwps first (those that can be demolished anyway). You can set features to 0, 0, but the game doesn't like that and the loading screens are glitchy.

-do things bit by bit! make small changes and see if they work. if they don't then not such a big deal as starting over.

-The item that appears as a question mark in RAM editor and has the ID number 00000014 is a tree stump.

-You can use the acnlram.bin file in Hexeditor to edit some extra things such as some of the badges and the town fruit. There's a list on here somewhere

-The badges that are available in the RAM editor are in order
-Fishing
-Bug Catching
-Diving
-Fish
-Bugs
-Sea creatures
-balloons
-travelling
-Good Host
-Gardening
-bells
-turnips
-medals

Amazing tools! Thanks to everyone for providing, uploading etc.

addition: As I'm usually an idiot in these things, I took the precaution of backing up my cartridge using Powersaves before any hacking and then when i've got a version I want. Just as well, as I'd have bricked the cartridge twice now, not being able to load up anything in one case and then I placed my house right behind the stone tablet and hit it on exiting and fainted. Very funny, but very glad I could restore the back up. Seriously, if you don't know what you're doing, procede with caution.

Froggestpirit's map editor is for changing the tiles of the interior map
Marc's RAM editor is for adding items, moving buildings, changing villagers and some other cools stuff
Neokamek's Leaftools are a really handy set of hacks that do things like unbox moving villagers, grow the grass, max out your medals, etc
A hex editor is a mathematical tool. I have managed to change all badge values with it, but not anything else because I don't have instructions for anything else.

These are all amazing tools. Each is brilliant in its own way, but together they are ubercool.

Edit: The villagers are listed in RAM editor as 00, 01 - 09. That must be a hex thing? Anyways, for the buildings in the other list 00 is villager 1, 01 is villager 2 etc.

Reactions: Goshi and MasterLel

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a few hit n misses. I finally got it. I was missing something.
DtlyW7j.jpg

D

Deleted User

After a few hit n misses. I finally got it. I was missing something.
DtlyW7j.jpg
HOW DID YOU DO IT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

How do I change my profile pic to a anything I want it to be?
I wanna change it to Trevor from GTA 5!

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't dump anymore. No idea why. No green screen, no color of any kind. Just an error crash in the browser. I checked and I'm still on 9.2.0. I also re-downloaded the acnl zip with the two bins and deleted my most recent acnlram.bin which was from just last night. Obviously I've also tried shutting down my 3DS and starting it back up..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol