ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf ROM Hacking

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang it, I wanted to try and help a bit today but I just realized I left the USB Drive I had my unpacked RomFS and Ohana3DS and stuff on it at home.
No big deal, my laptop is out of commision, and it was the only thing ive got with an sd reader. So unless i got a usb to sd converter in my wire drawer im out of luck for now.

Reactions: Deleted User

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
So, map90 was acre 59, and map91 seems to be acre 5a...

1447882911-acre59.png

1447882921-59.png

1447882930-map091.png

1447882923-5a.png

Green = grass = CE39
Yellowish = sand = 8410
Black = ??? = 4208
Blue = sea = 0000
Mauve/Purple = ??? = ??? (don't remember)

Don't forget the spreadsheet, if you wanna add or edit something.. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HM6HDeQ7Dl7K1PPdWRm2KXsGtysaX-sugzHgxZGvpJM

Last edited by MasterLel,

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, map90 was acre 59, and map91 seems to be acre 5a...

1447882911-acre59.png

1447882921-59.png

1447882930-map091.png

1447882923-5a.png

Green = grass = CE39
Yellowish = sand = 8410
Black = ??? = 4208
Blue = sea = 0000
Mauve/Purple = ??? = ??? (don't remember)

Don't forget the spreadsheet, if you wanna add or edit something.. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HM6HDeQ7Dl7K1PPdWRm2KXsGtysaX-sugzHgxZGvpJM

This confirms that the collisons are indeed in order of the models?
Ive just ordered a sd to usb adapter, so i should be back in the game by fridayish!

Last edited by Coleman_C18,

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MasterLel or @Tomato Hentai could either of you replace the master bytes of a river over 1440? Id like to know whether it controls what fish show up as well.

From my previous test we learned they control shading/planting/digging/sounds i wouldnt be suprised to see it control fishing.

Edit: just be careful not to put the wrong master byte over it. Section 1 master bytes like 1440 can only be replaced by other section 1 master bytes (3140 for example) or the game crashes

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
MasterLel or Tomato Hentai could either of you replace the master bytes of a river over 1440? Id like to know whether it controls what fish show up as well.

From my previous test we learned they control shading/planting/digging/sounds i wouldnt be suprised to see it control fishing.

Edit: just be careful not to put the wrong master byte over it. Section 1 master bytes like 1440 can only be replaced by other section 1 master bytes (3140 for example) or the game crashes

I can't, I don't have access to HBL (firmware 10.2), I think I'll buy a powersave for oothax

Reactions: Coleman_C18
D

Deleted User

@MasterLel or @Tomato Hentai could either of you replace the master bytes of a river over 1440? Id like to know whether it controls what fish show up as well.

I'll try to as soon as I can.

MasterLel

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Alright so acres seems to be in order, just convert the acre byte to decimal and add +1

example

Let's say you want to change the collision of the acre 3A, you simply have to convert 3A to decimal using this and then you add +1 to the decimal value

3A = 58
58 + 1 = 59

So the collision file of the acre 3A is the 59th acre of the grd_jmp.bin file (or the file "part.bin059" of this archive : https://mega.nz/#!PV1FAIgS!PjitZLoBfJ2Dz2spXZ0PdHDps_vUrGSmZYP03ly_uyo )

D

Deleted User

Don't know if anyone posted this already, but Resetti works as a villager, but for some reason I cant replace Resetti with a villager, anyone know if this is at all possible?

LePPqBr.png

D

Deleted User

Screw everything I said before, I tried to find a spot to build my house, and everywhere I went, I was told I was too close to the cliff to build a house.

EDIT:
I have pictures.
CUSFfk0UkAANDcf.png
CUSFfuwVAAEbFmv.png
CUSFfzPVEAACDwi.png

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Coleman_C18

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-deleted-

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Screw everything I said before, I tried to find a spot to build my house, and everywhere I went, I was told I was too close to the cliff to build a house.

EDIT:
I have pictures.
CUSFfk0UkAANDcf.png
CUSFfuwVAAEbFmv.png
CUSFfzPVEAACDwi.png
Which master byte did you swap out with 1440/1/2/3? River?
If you only swap out 1440 and leave 1441,1442,1443 alone you should get the chance to at least place a tent anywhere but the topleft of an acre

Coleman_C18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a bit of research into the template data for sea_side_right i think its called.
From what i can tell it handles the rivers and perhaps the slopes? I removed 2/3 of the data and it would only form a river on the very bottom. I'm taking a small break from collisions and will be messing with these files for a while.

I will be providing some basic documentation once i better understand it.

D

Deleted User

IMG_20151126_213832.jpg
It worked as expected! Now the fuzzy screen looks like the NES Donkey Kong screen!

ocrit

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm pretty excited to finally see some real animal crossing romhacking happening. Currently running braindump and I have a few questions about the possible limitations of model swapping (since that seems to be the simplest thing we're able to do at the moment)

Would any model swaps be possible, theoretically? Could it be used on a more broad range for different purposes?

Here's a few things I'd like to either test or see tested:
Using model swaps to change villager birthday/personality/etc until a better method is avaliable.
Do all models swap? Isabelle is a very fleshed out character, would lesser utilized characters, like kicks for instance, be usable a a villager? Or would he lack certain things (like being able to fish or emotions he wouldn't normally display in a standard game.
Pikachu -> Hamster Villagers??
Would we be able to edit/replace the player's models? Darker skin tones, Playing as Isabelle or your favorite animal, Humans as villagers?
((Would making a human a villager mean we would have to change the models to include pants, as villagers don't wear them? Oh god, some kid is going to ask for nude mods, I just know it))

I am also interested in this, particularly the potential for skin tones. I'm aware that tans have already been documented as per https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-...ram-editing-thread.385047/page-9#post-5425778

This seems to be a temporal solution, however, given that the game will be in a constant state of reverting back to 00 or moving towards 0F, no? Is a permanent skin tone change only possible if the player model is edited?

Thanks.

probablygay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also interested in this, particularly the potential for skin tones. I'm aware that tans have already been documented as per https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-...ram-editing-thread.385047/page-9#post-5425778

This seems to be a temporal solution, however, given that the game will be in a constant state of reverting back to 00 or moving towards 0F, no? Is a permanent skin tone change only possible if the player model is edited?

Thanks.

I wonder the same thing, perhaps theres a way to incorporate tanning options into the Shampoodle?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?