Hacking Animal Crossing New Leaf (JP) crashes on USA 3ds with CFW

Luigi10392

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Tobidase Dobutsu no mori on my USA 3DS and installed the update for it and everything. My 3ds has CFW on it and I enabled game patching in luma. I open the game and it shoes the train icon in the bottom right of the top screen then crashes amd my 3DS restarts. How do i fix this

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still crashes and it isnt an arm11 error. The locales text dont dont do anything

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

On a different SD card repeat steps 1-3 to make sure this second card is a good one, build a basic test setup (Luma3DS, Homebrew Launcher, FBI, GodMode9), download a scene release .3DS rom of AC:NL (JPN), convert it to a .CIA in GodMode9, install that converted .CIA in FBI, enable game patching & the necessary luma locale emulation, and check if the game still crashes. Don't borrow or use any files from the main SD card. Do this to figure out if the 3DS system crashes due to an software problem with the 3DS+CFW firmware(s) or possibly a hardware problem with the motherboard.

Type in 0004000000086200 or 0004000000198D00 in the upper right search bar at http://www.3dsdb.com/ to look up the CRC-32 hash records of known good dumps. Install 7-ZIp, right mouse the obtained .3DS rom → CRC SHACRC-32 when comparing your copy against those listed scene releases. For testing purposes, don't download an already converted or dumped .CIA as there is no way to easily verify the file isn't corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu