7. Selling

31.9%
  8. Designing Clothes

16.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dark

Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok I came across some persimmons. Anyone want the extra?

2. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    I'll take one please ^_^

3. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

I feel like everybody is either time traveling or doing some excellent teamwork because I just paid off my first loan (within five minutes of getting it), haven't visited the island (don't even have the option to yet), haven't gotten cherries or any of the tropical fruits, haven't amassed a small fortune or a boatload of fortune cookie items, and only have an approval rating of about 60 right now (remember all, water your flowers to get the approval rolling in). My museum also only has about 8 fossils in it, maybe 12 or 13 insects, and perhaps the same number of fish (probably closer to 16 or 17 though).

I mean, am I just bad at this game (it is possible, since my experience is limited to the GC and a bit of WW on the DS), or are some of you just busting through all of the content as fast as you can?

4. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    I only got my first loan paid off today. I can make a lot of money but not putting that much time into it. I just got my rating to 100 and waiting approval for permit. You're not doing anything wrong really.

5. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    This game must be popular. This thread is already a 3rd of the size of the pokemon x&y thread.

SignZ likes this.
  6. 2ndApex

2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Uh, should I donate fossils or sell them? They go for a huge amount of money, but I kind of want my approval rating up soon and I'm afraid I'm missing out on sometime if I don't donate to the museum.

7. Nathan Drake

Although they're worth money, lots of money can be gained other ways. It's best just to start fleshing out your museum, since you never know when you might end up running into those exact fossils again.

8. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    Seriously, I've made many expansions. About to make many public works. Since I can literaly afford them.
    Making bells has never been any easier. Only thing I need to do though is acquire fruits.

Donate every fossil u can find. If it was already donated, sell them. There are better money incomes. Mainly fishing (especially this month) and bug catching.

9. gamefan5

Canada
    Deleted

10. Nathan Drake

I think money just seems so easy to get this time around because they gave so many options for getting it. Play Animal Crossing on the GC, and the hard part about amassing a fortune is the fact that the only way to make bells was the money rock and selling fish/fossils/fruit that you didn't need. From Wild World to City Folk, they added a lot of elements that made acquiring bells a bit easier. This game is pretty much the height of bell collecting methods in the entire series with fish, bugs, the money rock, tons of fruit, unique items, easier person to person interaction, more stores (when compared to the GC and WW), better balanced values and rarities, more money in trees, lots of salable gifts and surprise items (balloons, for example), more items as a whole to buy and sell, etc.

There are also lots of things to spend bells on including the increased number of items and overall customization. As such, I wouldn't say the bell acquisition to needed funds ratio is actually over the top in this game. For the casual player, there is a great balance. If you put 10 hours in within a single day though, don't be surprised that you've amassed a small fortune when putting in two hours yesterday, I got enough to pay off my first loan.

Edit: Hey all. Apparently the train station can be remodeled, but there has to be 100 visits to your town first. I don't think too many of us will ever achieve this naturally, since, frankly, there isn't a lot of reason for traveling regularly. At some point, we should organize a system based on our best guesses of visits we already had to do the most efficient system of visiting possible in order to unlock this option.

Edit 2: Looking at this, I'd say you can't really call yourself rich until you have at least 2 million bells on hand - http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Works_Projects

gamefan5 likes this.
  11. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    a
    added, my fc is in my sig

12. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Old skool member

United States
    IM HOME
    ill open my gates soon (5-6ish pst)
    but now for a PICTURE GALLERY

me and my mustashe
    [​IMG]
    my village saying hrth
    [​IMG]
    me catching a whale shark (#1)
    [​IMG]
    size of it
    [​IMG]
    me catching a giant trevally
    [​IMG]
    me catching another whale shark (#2)
    [​IMG]
    50% done with fish
    [​IMG]

13. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

United States
    Well there's a reason why you can get much more Bells Now silly heads, you're not just upgrading your house anymore. You have a whole TOWN to upgrade, and it ain't cheap!
    One bridge costs freaking 128k bells! (Which I already bought, because having to run around for one bridge is annoying as hell)
    I can't imagine what other upgrades may cost at a later date ._.;

14. Nathan Drake

Having a second bridge is also just smart. It cuts down on travel across the grass and slows down the degradation of the grass that much more.

I also have a link to all public works projects in my last post, at the very bottom. Some stuff, like redesigning town hall, is very, very expensive.

gamefan5 and chavosaur like this.
  15. nukeboy95

United States
    im at 95% ill open my gates when im at 100%

16. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I actually don't know how to play the game.. or what to do.

17. nukeboy95

United States
    :) 100% open gated in 10

18. gamefan5

Canada
    It was ez to get money since WW. Gc was much more harsh on money due to a short number of rare bugs AND fish to catch. NOT only that, they were more rare. And u had a final debt of nearly 1 million bro.

19. Nathan Drake

Get bells. Pay for stuff. Live your Animal Crossing life.

20. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

United States
    That's why I said its easy to get money ._.;

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Crossing, Animal, Thread