ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- NHSE Map Sharing Thread

IndignantDonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Thank you so much, Poyo! Bless.

diff issue, Question: i have an old save file where i have cataloged everything and unlocked all diy recipes (pre 2.0)

I restarted a new playthrough but how can i export the full catalogue and diys? Thank you.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much, Poyo! Bless.

diff issue, Question: i have an old save file where i have cataloged everything and unlocked all diy recipes (pre 2.0)

I restarted a new playthrough but how can i export the full catalogue and diys? Thank you.

Using NHSE, you cannot export them, however there is the option to "Learn All".
Screenshot_11.png

IndignantDonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
That would be the "Recieved Item List", where you can also only manually enable items or use "Give All" options.
View attachment 313535
Thank you so much! Saved me a tonne of trouble, i thought i would need to import to home storage and relearn.

On that note, could you also please tell me how i can import to home storage? I click edit items - load and select a .nhi file but how can i add all other nhis?

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much! Saved me a tonne of trouble, i thought i would need to import to home storage and relearn.

On that note, could you also please tell me how i can import to home storage? I click edit items - load and select a .nhi file but how can i add all other nhis?

Edit Player... > Edit Storage(?)

IndignantDonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Edit Player... > Edit Storage(?)
Ahhh sorry, i meant to say edit player - edit storage. Then i select a .nhi file, and lets say it fills only half of the boxes on screen. If i click "load" again to select another .nhi, it doesn't ADD more items but replaces the items from the previous .nhi if that makes sense? How can i make it so items from previous .nhi files don't reset? I can't add an image because I'm now unfortunately.

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Ahhh sorry, i meant to say edit player - edit storage. Then i select a .nhi file, and lets say it fills only half of the boxes on screen. If i click "load" again to select another .nhi, it doesn't ADD more items but replaces the items from the previous .nhi if that makes sense? How can i make it so items from previous .nhi files don't reset? I can't add an image because I'm now unfortunately.

I don't know if NHSE can do that? You could manually edit the .nhi file in a hex editor and make that work, but that seems too stressful to do.

IndignantDonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
I don't know if NHSE can do that? You could manually edit the .nhi file in a hex editor and make that work, but that seems too stressful to do.
I found it!

I had to PRESS AND HOME ALT

I wanted to fill my storage with many .nhi files but without pressing ALT it deletes/clears the previous files.

Thank you for your help on the other things, Poyo!

atredmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide is to make a dream island your own. From there, you can update your dream island with it and then edit your main.dat file to import all of your original files in order to recover your original island while having the new dream island.

In NHSE, open the main.dat file from your island.
  1. Go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items.
    • Dump/Import - Dump all acres
  2. Buildings:
    • Dump Buildings
    • Write down the Plaza X & Y location coordinates
  3. Terrain:
  4. Acres:
    • Dump/Import - Dump Map Acres
Now do the exact same steps for any dream island main.dat you want to have in your dream offline.

After you've exported both your island and dream island main.dat map files, open your own save main.dat and go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items. You need to import all 4 files you exported from the dream save.

My recommendation is to do it in inverse order, starting from 4. Acres (which will set the correct river exit locations). So:
  1. Import Acres
  2. Import Terrain
  3. Import Buildings (remember to set the correct Plaza X & Y coordinates from the dream main.dat file)
  4. Import Items
    • Delete Luna's Bed in the plaza
    • Delete item #13218 in the plaza
Update your dream with this new island. Then after it's updated, go back to edit your main.dat and import your original files and plaza coordinates.

Do with this guide what you will, but you shouldn't be updating your own dream island with another person's island, or playing online with another person's island for that matter. I use this method mainly for playing around with the editor, and never to play online with other people.

This was very helpful for me to learn as a complete noobie, however I cannot figure out how to delete luna's bed or the #13218 item without deleting all the items within that acre. HELP!?!

atredmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide is to make a dream island your own. From there, you can update your dream island with it and then edit your main.dat file to import all of your original files in order to recover your original island while having the new dream island.

In NHSE, open the main.dat file from your island.
  1. Go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items.
  2. Buildings:
    • Dump Buildings
    • Write down the Plaza X & Y location coordinates
  3. Terrain:
  4. Acres:
    • Dump/Import - Dump Map Acres
Now do the exact same steps for any dream island main.dat you want to have in your dream offline.

After you've exported both your island and dream island main.dat map files, open your own save main.dat and go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items. You need to import all 4 files you exported from the dream save.

My recommendation is to do it in inverse order, starting from 4. Acres (which will set the correct river exit locations). So:
  1. Import Acres
  2. Import Terrain
  3. Import Buildings (remember to set the correct Plaza X & Y coordinates from the dream main.dat file)
  4. Import Items
    • Delete Luna's Bed in the plaza
    • Delete item #13218 in the plaza
Update your dream with this new island. Then after it's updated, go back to edit your main.dat and import your original files and plaza coordinates.

Do with this guide what you will, but you shouldn't be updating your own dream island with another person's island, or playing online with another person's island for that matter. I use this method mainly for playing around with the editor, and never to play online with other people.

This was very helpful for me to learn as a complete noobie, however I cannot figure out how to delete luna's bed or the #13218 item without deleting all the items within that acre. HELP!?!

atredmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, next question, from these DA dumps I am seeing here, how can I obtain the custom pattern layouts? I love the save file I am using now that I got from here but the custom designs are not on the ground.

atredmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. However, the files I downloaded didn't include the file for the custom designs. So should I, after importing all the new save files, I go to terrain and export all placed designs so that I create that custom designs file then import that file?

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you. However, the files I downloaded didn't include the file for the custom designs. So should I, after importing all the new save files, I go to terrain and export all placed designs so that I create that custom designs file then import that file?
The custom designs are in the save file you downloaded? You have to go into the pattern and pro design editor and dump/import those. Then you do the placed designs in the terrain editor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HgJ3SgjpA