ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- NHSE Map Sharing Thread

thegamingrob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error means what it says. To dump the island you were on, you need to use a template that has 3 Villagers (0, 1 and 2). This has to be done by creating new Villagers ingame and won't work by copying the Villager0 folder twice.
@xPoyo in your experience have you ever dumped an island with path included?

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
@xPoyo in your experience have you ever dumped an island with path included?
I happen to be the author of Luna, so yes, I have dumped an island with path included.
I couldn't quite understand the issue you are facing though. You dump the mentioned islands and you can't find the custom paths? does that happen when you load the dumps as a save file into the game or when you try to copy over the map data to another save file?

thegamingrob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to be the author of Luna, so yes, I have dumped an island with path included.
I couldn't quite understand the issue you are facing though. You dump the mentioned islands and you can't find the custom paths? does that happen when you load the dumps as a save file into the game or when you try to copy over the map data to another save file?
someone in here mentioned that when you copy from Luna, it should copy the island in its entirety with the custom path. I cant get it to do that. I only get the save file so I asked someone to dump for me because I wanted to see if someone else could do it correctly. I am still very new at this stuff. :)

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
someone in here mentioned that when you copy from Luna, it should copy the island in its entirety with the custom path. I cant get it to do that. I only get the save file so I asked someone to dump for me because I wanted to see if someone else could do it correctly. I am still very new at this stuff. :)
ok so you want the custom path as a self-contained file(s), am I understanding that right? If so, you'd have to open the dump in NHSE to copy the patterns (and the placement of them if that's also what you are after). Luna doesn't extract the custom path separately.

Reactions: iepuras

thegamingrob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so you want the custom path as a self-contained file(s), am I understanding that right? If so, you'd have to open the dump in NHSE to copy the patterns (and the placement of them if that's also what you are after). Luna doesn't extract the custom path separately.
sorry let me start over.

I was looking to dump a an identical replica of an island along with the custom path so I didnt have to lay it down myself. Can luna do that or do I have to do that myself? I think that is where I am confused.

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
sorry let me start over.

I was looking to dump a an identical replica of an island along with the custom path so I didnt have to lay it down myself. Can luna do that or do I have to do that myself? I think that is where I am confused.
Luna copies the entire save file including custom path and all; which is why I'm confused why your prior result of "getting a save file" is undesireable in your situation.

thegamingrob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luna copies the entire save file including custom path and all; which is why I'm confused why your prior result of "getting a save file" is undesireable in your situation.
no clue so im new at doing this because I only get the island when I transfer to my island and the custom path isnt on my copied island.

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
no clue so im new at doing this because I only get the island when I transfer to my island and the custom path isnt on my copied island.
so we got back to my original question; it happens when you transfer it.
when you say "tranfer", you mean you copy the map data using NHSE?

xPoyo

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Germany
oh, yes exactly.
Okay, then I assume you also copied the patterns already.
To also get the same placement of those patterns on the map, you do copy the "Placed Design choices".

Attachments

• Screenshot_194.png
    Screenshot_194.png
    218.2 KB · Views: 83

thegamingrob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, then I assume you also copied the patterns already.
To also get the same placement of those patterns on the map, you do copy the "Placed Design choices".
I have and they tend to be floating in the air. The path dont copy, only the laid items copy over and usually floating or glitched into trees or homes.

I will try if I am able to get someone to dump DA: 4377-8361-5180 I will be attempt to try it then.

Also, thank you for your knowledge and patience.

nscf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
this is exactly what map dump means, it copies the island and all the designs used in it.
for this you will use jksv to replace your island with the copied one and the customized paths will appear automatically in the designs and on the island where they were placed.
Post automatically merged:

the luna app has worked well for me so far. does anyone know why it's giving me this error now? and how could i fix it?
View attachment 354215
SD:/config/luna/enctemplate
https://github.com/Ixaruz/Luna-App/raw/main/enctemplate.zip
Do you want to try this method?

Reactions: bibakinga

bibakinga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

giologic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
could someone dump these island for me? this is my last request cuz i think these are pretty lot of 5 star dream address to dump, i can't dumping it myself cuz my switch can't go online,

here's the list :

DA-7798-2815-5978
DA-7419-0612-0045
DA-6682-0320-9029
DA-6758-9986-0062
DA-7463-4823-9954
DA-3499-9518-4551
DA-2352-7745-4698
DA-5350-7473-7072
DA-8789-0433-6455
DA-6738-1197-6006

You could DM me if you dont wanna release the link on here too^^