ROM Hack Animal Crossing New Horizons JKSV - Between 2 Switch devices

Borsalino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ACNH saves are different from usual other games as it stores the save to your device and not per user. JKSV has the capability of extracting the device save.

Is there a way to transfer a save from another device? I was just trying the game at first on my Fake Switch. I decided to support the devs by buying the game on my Legit Switch.

When transferring the save file, how will JKSV know which "user" the save file will go to? Do I just make sure to have the user the same name?

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
+1 for this, just bought a switch lite and want to transfer my island from my banned switch to my unbanned one.

Okgo687

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this does work, can someone walk through how to set everything up on the switch you're pulling the save from/what's necessary to set up on the second device? I want to transfer from a legit, unbanned switch that has a hardware issue in connecting with the tv to a brand new switch. Is it possible to set up the necessary parts in the new one just for the transfer, then remove them? I have no interest in cheating, just migrating!

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you run CFW on your 'legit' switch, even if its with aeroplane mode and just to restore the save file. There is a trace of CFW being on the device and it will most likely get banned eventually...

But when you do transfer a save from one device to another with ACNH...it prompts you at the beginning of the game which villager you want to link with what account.

I moved my save file which had two accounts and 2 villagers to another switch. Then it said there are no links to any villagers, and asked me which one i would like to link to.

remember ONLY THE FIRST RESIDENT can progress the island. So if you have two residents, the first resident on the original switch is the only one with the power to progress the island with upgrades.

Wegzin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, guys! Does anyone have any news regarding the possibility of doing this save transfer?

I was never that interested in Animal Crossing, so I downloaded the game on my CFW switch to see what all the hype was about. Now, I decided I want to buy the game on my clean switch (and also be able to play online)

pkmnTobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are currently no publicly known save injection methods known that you can use on an unhacked switch. Sorry.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You all need to start over on you clean switches. Any way of transfering save data over requires a hackable switch and any way that would probably not ban you isn't worth the risk

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just get a lot of things on your hacked island and connect both Switch locally and get yourself all the items you need or want. As of right now there's no way to do that. Even in the Save Editor if you change your island's name you will mess up your save file.

Reactions: Mythical

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get a lot of things on your hacked island and connect both Switch locally and get yourself all the items you need or want. As of right now there's no way to do that. Even in the Save Editor if you change your island's name you will mess up your save file.
Super valid just make sure not to bring anything over that couldn't be in the game by normal means

Josephsgl

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
How do we inject the save file from jksv into the ofw of a same switch?

Have went through the steps, but got stuck at running cfw on sysnand in airplane mode. How can i do this? Thanks!

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we inject the save file from jksv into the ofw of a same switch?

Have went through the steps, but got stuck at running cfw on sysnand in airplane mode. How can i do this? Thanks!

Safest way to do this: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxi...ial_how_to_transfer_your_animal_crossing_new/

If you've used any cheats, don't even attempt this. You'll be banned. But if you've just been playing it normally, this should be a pretty safe way of transferring your save from EmuMMC to SysNAND on the same switch.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)