ROM Hack Question Animal crossing change Nook shop turnip price

TJRees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to use a legit switch to visit the island of cfw switch, grab items and leave? or will the legit switch receive ban from that?

TJRees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres someone who actually does this and goes online afterwards.. no idea how he does it without getting banned for so long

Reactions: ELY_M

pkmnTobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not proven fact that editing saves and going online flags you for a ban, people are just warning you that it can happen, especially if you are extremely greedy/obvious with your editing.

I would not mess with something like turnip prices with your save, however. Stick to naturally occurring things and not an obviously edited pattern of prices.

TJRees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not proven fact that editing saves and going online flags you for a ban, people are just warning you that it can happen, especially if you are extremely greedy/obvious with your editing.

I would not mess with something like turnip prices with your save, however. Stick to naturally occurring things and not an obviously edited pattern of prices.

Youre right i wont risk it. Is there anything i need to do in order to use my legit switch to visit the hacked switch and get items from that island? I havent tried yet but ive read somewhere that you need to do something first in order to connect local to fly to the hack switches island but i cant find that information.

TJRees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just used my legit switch animal crossing account and traveled to the hacked switch AC island. I picked up items then went back to my island, when i got there all the items were gone, is it possible to bring items from hacked switch to legit switch?

strawpedro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just used my legit switch animal crossing account and traveled to the hacked switch AC island. I picked up items then went back to my island, when i got there all the items were gone, is it possible to bring items from hacked switch to legit switch?
What were the items you attempted to get?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To answer your previous question, there's virtually no ban risk for your legitimate Switch when using your legitimate Switch to visit your hacked Switch.

Therandomtree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another viewpoint - think about the sheer amount of eyes that will notice a person advertisingng a high (edited) price. To me it increases that chance someone will notice,g "hmmm, this doesn't look right", and then ultimately report.

To me it's not worth the risk between Nintendo and insane players.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Game does a save just as you are leaving an island to visit another. If you do not leave the island by 'flight', eg loss connection, put Switch to sleep etc, then the game loads the last save, ie just as you travel.

D

Deleted User

The safest method would be to time travel until you get high turnip prices, but that's quite time consuming.

TJRees

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have changed my price plenty of time in the save editor then went online without getting banned. I never went into the 1000 range and changed it once a week.. Just don't post it in a group or on twitter...you should be fine

So youre able to change save file on emunand and go online with cfw on emunand? I thought if you go online with cfw on emunand it would be instant ban?

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So youre able to change save file on emunand and go online with cfw on emunand? I thought if you go online with cfw on emunand it would be instant ban?
There are ways to edit saves on your legit, clean sysnand without using any cfw on a hackable switch.

Here a link to read about it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/edit-of...up-restoring-via-fusee-gelee-payloads.541081/

Some people claim using cfw on your sysnand for "basic" things won't flag you for a ban, but that's highly unlikely. Some might not be banned instantly, but their chances of a ban are pretty high.

Emunand is for offline play only. And you should stick to incognito or 90dns when using it.

Last edited by Zkajavier,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi