• Total voters

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lumia indeed, after my Moto G3 and Nexus 5 broke down in less than 2 months

Of course that means I still have a choice of small and comfortable but underpowered (520), lasts half a day and with screen burn (1020), or spontanously reboots below 60% charge and a stupid power socket (950)

App gap, not a problem for me - Telegram, Whatsapp, Spritmonitor, an usable browser, and MyTube are all there

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What bugs I need them to root my phone!

Also what phone do you have?
i have nexus 6p
lots of bugs , most recently phone does not get calls when it enters doze
visual VM stopped working
bluetooth is a mess ,does not send data to my grom after 1st song
wasn't working then it was not it's not again

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Used before iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 - good phones, iOS have better apps on shop, also is vary stable, Android have huge problem with bloatware, but current gen Android works also stable and ability to mod sound by Viper. And phones are cheaper and lots of it to choice.

I use from Apple only iPad for now - as a tablet it is very good choice. But devices are projected not really ok - there is problems with bending (iPad, iPhone 6s -7) etc.

And worst of this is support and no way to buy original parts...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No phone or tablet here -- I don't feel the need* and I am a cheap bastard so refuse to pay monthly for data. Have to suffer sorting IOS for various clients and it is shockingly poor, even without Apple's shockingly poor hardware designs/build quality. Android is also poor -- any OS that actively encourages people not to give me complete control over my device can get lost, but you can at least beat into shape most of the time, though that nature also means fewer are inclined to fiddle.
Was given a windows phone a while back when on holiday (still mostly left it on the table or forgot it in my bag). For a basic phone use it was actually not so bad (certainly liked it more than Apple or Android offerings), but being what it is supported to be a phone of the smart variety it too suffered a battery life in the order of 24 hours.

*after an incident recently I was almost compelled to have one. Wandered into/was dragged into the shop looking to get a phone that had a headphone port, SD card slot and a replaceable/removable battery. Was looked at like I was strange. Ultimately managed to dodge having one.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I (as a fromer Apple user) can say that Android is better for me (because iOS is too restricted for me). I got my first iPhone (iPhone 4) at the Age of 7. Later on i noticed that you could do more with a Android Device and so (In 2015) i got my first Android Device (A Samsung Galaxy J1) and decided to switch to Android. Which is better? It depends. iOS is more for People that use a Phone for Calling and for little Games. While Android is more for experinced Users, because it is more Open and you can do more then just Calling and Games (Install Apps outside of the PlayStore and install Apps that got removed from the PlayStore without Jailbreaking/Rooting). So i (personally) prefer Android, because it is more open then iOS.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Until Qualcomm isn't two years behind, apple it is.
When it comes to CPU and SoC technology they're both very different for different reasons. The whole thing is with Android it cannot be customized nearly as much as iOS can as it's meant to support and run across multiple different kinds of SoC, but with larger compatibility comes less efficiency and optimization. That's why you can have a newer iPhone running 2 cores and it will perform relatively the same as Android on a quad-core CPU.

Lets not talk about MediaTek though :P

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When it comes to CPU and SoC technology they're both very different for different reasons. The whole thing is with Android it cannot be customized nearly as much as iOS can as it's meant to support and run across multiple different kinds of SoC, but with larger compatibility comes less efficiency and optimization. That's why you can have a newer iPhone running 2 cores and it will perform relatively the same as Android on a quad-core CPU.

Lets not talk about MediaTek though :P
Apple also has much more cache, twice the silicone, and they started on 64 bit earlier. ya lets not talk about MediaTek lol. I get why some people would rather have android, but all the advantages people list do nothing at all for me.

Last edited by kevin corms,

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people that like iOS are brainwashed, like the OS is so locked down, and literally has been proven that it's purposefully inefficient on old phones to kill their batteries, yet people will still use iOS 12 on like their iPhone 5 and complain why their battery lasts for 3 hours. Even my poorphone android with an awful camera can at least last for 2 days on one charge, it's shameful what apple's doing

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people that like iOS are brainwashed, like the OS is so locked down, and literally has been proven that it's purposefully inefficient on old phones to kill their batteries, yet people will still use iOS 12 on like their iPhone 5 and complain why their battery lasts for 3 hours. Even my poorphone android with an awful camera can at least last for 2 days on one charge, it's shameful what apple's doing
Oh please, if anyone is brainwashed its the google army who buy a new phone every 6 months. I dont really want to start a flame war, but enough is enough with attacking people who like ios. I dont care how many billions samsung paid to advertsie that apple users must be sheep but it seems to have had a huge effect on many. In 2019 I would much rather have an iPhone 5 than a samsung galaxy s3... In situations where older iPhones throttle, older android devices just turn off.

I also think you got it confused about why older iPhones would throttle.

Last edited by kevin corms,

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh please, if anyone is brainwashed its the google army who buy a new phone every 6 months. I dont really want to start a flame war, but enough is enough with attacking people who like ios. I dont care how many billions samsung paid to advertsie that apple users must be sheep. In 2019 I would much rather have an iPhone 5 than a samsung galaxy s3... In situations where older iPhones throttle, older android devices just turn off.
:ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c