smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Android because freedom and customisation, but something that I cannot stress enough is that you should always get an Android One phone.
They run well (given you don't get one with rubbish specs), don't have shitty skins applied on top of them, and get updates. People are always bitching about how “Android is bad because my XY phone didn't get any updates for years and it's still stuck on Honeycomb,” etc.
It's not Google's or Android's fault that your shitty Samsung or Huawei or whatever with its shitty skin didn't get updated for who knows how long; it's the OEMs being assholes and not updating their ROMs.
Don't. Buy. Phones. That. Aren't. Running. Android. One. Period.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Android because freedom and customisation, but something that I cannot stress enough is that you should always get an Android One phone.
They run well (given you don't get one with rubbish specs), don't have shitty skins applied on top of them, and get updates. People are always bitching about how “Android is bad because my XY phone didn't get any updates for years and it's still stuck on Honeycomb,” etc.
It's not Google's or Android's fault that your shitty Samsung or Huawei or whatever with its shitty skin didn't get updated for who knows how long; it's the OEMs being assholes and not updating their ROMs.
Don't. Buy. Phones. That. Aren't. Running. Android. One. Period.
Ya if i was going to get an android device I would probably only get a pixel, google actually supports their devices since they make money from the store.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh please, if anyone is brainwashed its the google army who buy a new phone every 6 months. I dont really want to start a flame war, but enough is enough with attacking people who like ios. I dont care how many billions samsung paid to advertsie that apple users must be sheep but it seems to have had a huge effect on many. In 2019 I would much rather have an iPhone 5 than a samsung galaxy s3... In situations where older iPhones throttle, older android devices just turn off.

I also think you got it confused about why older iPhones would throttle.

Hey man I've been using the same motorola phone for like 5 years

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Android. I don't want to support a company that fucks over the consumer and actively fights against right to repair law. I also don't want to use an OS so locked down it doesn't even have a proper file browser
They all have their flaws, but Google is about as anti consumer as you can get.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone spies. Apple does. Google does. Microsoft does. Literally everyone. And you can disable it on everything. Even if you couldn't, it wouldn't be an Android only thing
None of them spy like google, do a little research on their business model. Thats just the tip of the iceberg with google though, they are heavily involved in politics in horrible ways as well.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
None of them spy like google, do a little research on their business model. Thats just the tip of the iceberg with google though, they are heavily involved in politics in horrible ways as well.
Literally everyone spies like Google. Even if they didn't, how is spying "anticonsumer"? They still allow you to use your device you oayed money for in whatever way you want

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Literally everyone spies like Google. Even if they didn't, how is spying "anticonsumer"? They still allow you to use your device you oayed money for in whatever way you want
They really dont all act like Google, and yes invading yoiur privacy is anti consumer... give your head a shake. Google doesnt even really let you opt out f it. This while apple was fighting with the FBI to keep their devices secure. Only other company comparable to Google is Facebook.

Last edited by kevin corms,

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@kevin corms

14e0c61c5ab4f2520790e04c55424cd1--billy-mays-scenery.jpg

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
They really dont all act like Google, and yes invading yoiur privacy is anti consumer... give your head a shake. Google doesnt even really let you opt out f it. This while apple was fighting with the FBI to keep their devices secure. Only other company comparable to Google is Facebook.
Honestly, any publicly traded company should turn over any data to the FBI. It's fair. Plus, data collection isn't worse than seizing parts at customs, like what Apple does

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol