Android JoyCon Lag

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by gudenau, May 2, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. qwcan

qwcan Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    United States
    Are there any updates to fixing the lag on Android Pie (9.0)? I can't find any of the hex values in /system/lib64/libbluetooth.so

2. TzKet-Death

TzKet-Death Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    United States
    I made a short youtube video explaining if, hope it helps

hippy dave likes this.
  3. qwcan

qwcan Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2019
    United States
    I appreciate the help, but it doesn't work for me. I can't find the hex values, and the size of my libbluetooth.so doesn't line up with yours. If it's any help, I'm on a OnePlus 5T running OxygenOS 9.0.3

4. TzKet-Death

TzKet-Death Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    United States
    rip, I'm on a google pixel 1

5. MK73DS

MK73DS Non-commutative algebra

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    This method works also on my Galaxy Note 9 running Android Pie (One UI). The difference is that the file isn't /system/lib64/hw/bluetooth.default.so but /system/lib64/libbluetooth.so
    Again, just replacing the first occurence of 09648052 with 09038052 works fine with me.
    As always, be safe and do a backup :)

hippy dave likes this.
  6. yul

yul Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    France
    Just made an account to say thanks !
    Works on galaxy s9+ lineage android 8.1.
    And thanks to OP too btw !

7. Motarde

Motarde Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2019
    Switzerland
    Hey I have an S9+ without root and I never rooted one could someone explain me what I have to do to succeed, especially yul because u have the same phones as me.

8. Manu270891

Manu270891 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Anyone knows the hex string to modify on the Xiaomi Mi 9? Thanks!

9. notrewound

notrewound Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2016
    United States
    Has anyone figured out the string that needs to be replaced in /system/lib64/libbluetooth.so on Galaxy S8 (running Android 9)?

I'm not finding the suggesting strings (or subsets of them).

EDIT: In addition to the ones for S5, etc., posted earlier in the thread, I've searched for 09648052.

I do have an app called Bluetooth Auto Connect I was trying to use to solve this issue. So if 09648052 is the correct value to find on a S8 plus, I'm wondering if the value was maybe changed by that app?

Can anyone let me know the offset where I should find the hex value?

Last edited by notrewound, Jun 19, 2019
  10. MK73DS

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    I don't know what program/app you used, but you have to search for hex values and not strings.

11. Shibbro

Shibbro Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2019
    Australia
    I'm on Android 9, I can't find any of the hex values either. Annoying thing is that when I was on 8.1 I could find them in bluetooth.default.so.

12. your_eye_ah

your_eye_ah Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2019
    United States
    I found the correct file to edit on my One Plus 6 running OxygenOS 9.0.7. In the /system/lib64/libbluetooth_qti.so file, search for 09648052, then edit the 64 to 03 like in the video. Be sure to backup the original file before making any changes.

*Side note, I had to copy the file to a different folder on my phone to edit it, then replace the original file with the new one in its original location.*

13. MK73DS

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    I think there should be a Google Sheet or similar where people put what file(s) and hex values should be changed for each device.

ganons likes this.
  14. OxydBCN

OxydBCN Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Belgium
    Hello,

Android 9 Pie user here.

Wish someone could track the parameters to edit for us.

This topic is way to complex for me to try to dig it personally, (i don't know where to start).

My system is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2019) SM-T510, with Android 9 Pie, and a tremendously big bluetooth lag with any console controler i have (DS4 and Switch Pro Controller)

If someone gets the codes, i will be super glad.

Thanks in advance.

15. Flumoo

Flumoo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2019
    Poland
    Not working on 1+ 7 pro, i have a Oxygen OS 9.5.11.GM21AA

Can somebody explain me, what exactly do you change? Are you looking for random hexes or something? I know a little shared objects, maybe somebody have documentation or something of that?

And maybe someone knows whats difference between this libraries, lubbluetooth, bluetooth, libbluetooth_qti etc. ? It is crazy that you are working with that :D

Last edited by Flumoo, Aug 22, 2019
  16. Dom83

Dom83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2009
    France
    Hello. I want to fix gamepad latency on a Lenovo Z6 Lite running Android 9.

In /system/lib/hw/ there is nothing about bluetooth.
    In /system/lib64/libbluetooth.so and /system/lib64/libbluetooth_qti.so I can't find any 09648052, neither B1F5487F88BF, neither B2F5487F88BF.

However in libbluetooth.so I found 7109098052 , 7109948052 and 71090D8052 , which I converted to 7109038052.
    Then I rebooted the phone. But it did not change anything, there is still the same little lag. :(

Any idea what other value I should search for ?

If you have a few minutes to waste, here are my files :
    libbluetooth.so
    libbluetooth_qti.so

Last edited by Dom83, Aug 29, 2019
  17. Forgotten_Email

Forgotten_Email Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Manchester, England
    There is no actual pin for it, it's just how the wiimote's bluetooth works that it asks for a pin when there isn't one

18. Dracker

Dracker Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2007
    United States
    WORKING on OnePlus 7 Pro (on OxygenOS 10.0.1) using a slight variant of the numbers posted by notrewound

File: /system/lib64/libbluetooth_qti.so
    Find: 09648052
    Replace: 09008052

Note that if you replace 64 with 03 as suggested above, the phone still only polls every 24ms - button presses between polls won't get picked up. Setting it to 00 fixes this too.

I have made a Magisk module that applies this, I can post it if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Dracker, Oct 18, 2019
  19. Valtemir

Valtemir Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2015
    Brazil
    Teresina
    I have found one problem, when I eventually got around to trying my Pro Controller I found that it still has the normal lag. Why would it not be affected by this fix.
    The fix is working because when I swap back to a Joy-Con it works without lag.
    Has anyone else actually tested a Switch Pro Controller?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted