Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
The other day I was using a couple of my JoyCons with my Nexus 6P to play a game on Dolphin. It worked great, minus an input delay of around 1 second. To check if it was dolphin I made a quick app that displays inputs, and it was either the controllers or the software on the phone. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Reactions: unvaluablespace

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Is the joycons, nothing to do to fix it, besides it wasn't designed to use on android, it was for nintendo switch. Use another controller. :mellow:
The only other ones I have are wired, and I can not make a case for them and my phone. ;-)

The Switch does not have that lag (most of the time) so there is a way to fix it, just need to figure it out.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mean to bump an old thread, but people on YT have shown the JoyCon working with their phone lag free. Weird.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lag free myself, depends on interference around you and stuff, at first I had lag but now it works just fine, heck, speaking of interference, it was so bad on the last day of scholl with kids on there phones that I couldn't keep the joycons connected to the switch for more then a couple seconds, so I had to keep them on the sides of the switch to play

Reactions: Xabring

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't mean to bump an old thread, but people on YT have shown the JoyCon working with their phone lag free. Weird.

lag free myself, depends on interference around you and stuff, at first I had lag but now it works just fine, heck, speaking of interference, it was so bad on the last day of scholl with kids on there phones that I couldn't keep the joycons connected to the switch for more then a couple seconds, so I had to keep them on the sides of the switch to play

This was in the same room that can use the JoyCons wirelessly with the Switch without lag, so I guess your phones have different Bluetooth stacks or something.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I tested my Joy-Cons and the Pro Controller on my Android and while it did work, it was very laggy and unplayable. The Wiimote can connect but it requires a pin that no one seems to know.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was in the same room that can use the JoyCons wirelessly with the Switch without lag, so I guess your phones have different Bluetooth stacks or something.
It's just a galaxy tab 4 SM-T230NU tablet, and have you tried again recently, the lag went away eventually for me, also, try rebooting the device

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tested my Joy-Cons and the Pro Controller on my Android and while it did work, it was very laggy and unplayable. The Wiimote can connect but it requires a pin that no one seems to know.
I believe it worked on older version the wii mote but newer android versions broke it and it now asks for a pin iirc

Last edited by jt_1258,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano
S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's very disappointing that it's so laggy because the Joy-Cons and Pro Controller would be great controllers to play the games/emulators on an Android. Hope someone will find a way to fix this and so, as I saw this I won't be spending money on a mobile controller but rather be patient.

Maybe it could be like DualShock 3 which will require to have its own app though not only that, you'll also need to have the phone rooted.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I have to say...yes, it does lag. Tested Left JoyCon on Moto G5 Plus On Sonic 1 4 android.
Do you wanna moar test on moar software and hardware?
ya, the sega forever version right? same test here but with a Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU, and I'm questioning if somebody shoved butter in, yes it's that quick and snappy in response time, I don't get why others are having issues, sorry that ya guys are having this issue :/

S

Saiyan Lusitano

ya, the sega forever version right? same test here but with a Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230NU, and I'm questioning if somebody shoved butter in, yes it's that quick and snappy in response time, I don't get why others are having issues, sorry that ya guys are having this issue :/
Sonic 1 Remake and Sonic 1 on the emulator are both laggy here. :-/

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is possible the difference is the bluetooth chip inside being of a different version more compatible. Does anyone know what switch bluetooth is and can they compare it against their device? I used my Shield tv and there was lag, it has bluetooth 4.0 support.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Is possible the difference is the bluetooth chip inside being of a different version more compatible. Does anyone know what switch bluetooth is and can they compare it against their device? I used my Shield tv and there was lag, it has bluetooth 4.0 support.
That's why I Though of testing on other hardware, precisely because in my Laptop, it works top notch! lagless. But in my desktop computer it Does lag in the testing window. Only to find out that the USB dongle I use on my desktop is Bluetooth 2.0, making a poop-tastic experience, with random input times. And since Any smarthphone is manufactured with God-know what, it's gonna be a LONG guessgame.
ya, the sega forever version right?
YUP

Last edited by Xabring, , Reason: Adding quote and preventing quadruple posting.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I Though of testing on other hardware, precisely because in my Laptop, it works top notch! lagless. But in my desktop computer it Does lag in the testing window. Only to find out that the USB dongle I use on my desktop is Bluetooth 2.0, making a poop-tastic experience, with random input times. And since Any smarthphone is manufactured with God-know what, it's gonna be a LONG guessgame.
Is just a idea, the other idea could be how the information is process, if such devices are better at processing than others. Is just ideas, non which I say is something i tested.

gudenau

Largely ignored
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States

YUP
That is crazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...