Android Android experts on gbatemp? Has to be some here

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt many places are equipped jtag flashing equipment besides the regular screen/lens and parts replacement stuff
Just hope that LG doesnt find out because they will not repair it and probably ask for a $200 fee or something along those lines
though I had a similar issue with my S3, something went wrong with unlocking the bootloader and hard bricked the phone, just brought it back to costco and exchanged it and did the same process again (except this time nothing went wrong...)

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've fucked it up too bad ken :angry: That's what you get for dicking with fastboot :angry:

Thats what I get for following shit tutorials. :angry:

But anyway just wanted to make a thread to see if someone here ever had the same experince or knew a fix, looks like sending it to lg is l my last hope.

Heres what I did, followed 4th post

http://www.reddit.com/r/lgg2/comments/1soiyj/stuck_in_fastboot_mode_need_help/

fastboot erase boot fastboot erase aboot fastboot erase recovery fastboot erase laf fastboot flash boot 6-boot.img fastboot flash aboot 4-boot.img fastboot flash recovery 10-recovery.img fastboot flash laf 11-laf.img fastboot reboot
I'm guessing fastboot erase recovery is what knackered it.
Also guy's who already tried helping with this, I did follow all your advice but like I said was just hoping someone here experienced this issue before. But since it's so bricked could LG still tell it was a flash that screwed it up?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You may of got lucky and corrupted it, that way it'd be difficult for them to see you tried, but don't quote me on that

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Only staff have access to the shoutbox logs, so no.

And as I said, they were done via fastboost, not ADB. They're 2 completely different things.

Also, A) ADB is only present when Android is present. Because he deleted the system partition, there's no Android, hence no ADB. B) Fastboot itself is loaded before Android loads, since he can't access fastboot (probably because the bootloader was erased, so it doesn't have any way to boot into Download mode/fastboot mode) there's nothing he can do besides...as Foxi said, use a hardware flasher.
WAIT. THE SHOUTBOX IS LOGGED?
Instant regret.

Anw even if you screw up the entire emmc there's still the bootrom. IIRC it has a flasher mode. Don't count on that though.

Last hope is to jtag it with a riff box or something aka service center.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: