Hacking Andrenaline and PSP game on 2 UMDs

Hastor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched all around here and the rest of the net. I find people asking this question, but haven't found a straightforward answer. Usually just people surprised that such games exist.
Is it possible to play PSP games requiring more than one UMD, on a Vita, using Adrenaline?

Just to answer some of the other responses I've seen - yes, there are a few multi-disc games on the PSP, and I'm also aware of how it works for PSX games in Adrenaline.

I've yet to play such a game from UMD or otherwise, and I'm not sure if they require swapping while the game is running, or if they are the type that saves, then has you exit and load the other disc like a separate game, which loads the same save file and continues (Panzer Dragoon Saga on Sega Saturn used this method). The absence of a clear disc swap in Andrenaline for PSP, while the PSX has one, makes me wonder if this is how they work, but I've also found one comment regarding someone needing to swap mid-game, so it seems like some, if not all, would need an in-game swap, but I could be wrong.

I'd like to play a few multi-UMD games, but I don't want to spend 20 hours on one disc just to find out I can't proceed as well. I'd appreciate any information on whether these games are playable. Also, if not through Adrenaline, is there another way (on a Vita)?

Last edited by Hastor,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are you talking about? A quick google search says that for, for example, in Trails SC you load your save using the other disc when needed. I know that for Little Busters one disc is for installation and the other is for playing. I guess it is on a game by game basis.

Hastor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that's part of my question here... Are there multi disc games that require in game swapping? I think the one I've heard come up is Monster Rancher, but I'm not sure if there may be others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.