Ancient guy needs your assistance!! Ak2i - DSi problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by bunsen01, May 1, 2009.

1. bunsen01
    OP

Newcomer bunsen01 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi folks.
    I have just upgraded my son's DS to DSi and have just purchaced Acekard2i as I used to use the MS3 DSreal on the old one. I have a 4GB sd card with the old DS games and have downloaded firmware ak2_416_20s90404_release from the acekard website. I have popped in the acekard with SD card into the new DSi but comes up momentarily with 'loading' then displays 'system file is missing. Can anyone advise me how to get this to work?

Please..Please help if you can as I am not much clued up on this. [​IMG]

Ta .. Bunsen

2. italianmod

Newcomer italianmod Advanced Member

United States
    First of all, don't use the official firmware, its not as updated or as good as the unofficial one.

The first thing you need to do is go here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5069 and download the AKAIO firmware.

Next go here http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/ and download the "AK2/AK2i loader"

Unzip anything that needs to be unzipped. From the AKAIO firmware copy the __aio directory into the root of your microSD and copy the akmenu4.nds file into the root of your microSD. Next go to the loaders directory which is located inside the __aio directory. Copy over the loaders you got when you downloaded the "AK2/AK2i loader" file. If it asks you to replace you say yes.

Now you should be able to run the AK2i in your DSi. If you still have problems or don't understand something of what I just said then ask. Good luck!

3. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Don't use Official firmware, use AKAIO. Here's how to set it up, with the download links.

4. bunsen01
    OP

Newcomer bunsen01 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Italianmod. cheers
    i have followed steps 1 and 2 and downloaded AKAIO.1.4.1PROPER RAR file and ak2loader.nds file.
    There is no _aio directory to copy??? only AKAIO.1.4.1PROPER RAR file was downloaded.

5. italianmod

Newcomer italianmod Advanced Member

United States
    you have to unzip the rar files using winrar

6. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Yes, you must decompress the RAR archive using either WinRAR or 7zip, etc. You'll end up with an "_aio" folder and the NDS file. Put them both in the root of the card.