Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Does anyone here actually read Chinese, cuz maybe the translation is just really bad. I doubt they'd intentionally brick anyone's system, the legal repercussions would/could be too damaging to themselves and reputationally it would be stupid.

Also, it doesn't actually say that there will be any new features anywhere, I mean, it'd be nice to have some new features, but all I expect is Hulk compatibility to be fixed, nothing else, if we're lucky Daigasso Band Brothers DX will have an official fix.

jincongz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ha, ppl are pirating piracy tools! Let's hope their "protection" system won't end up messing up real R4's system, I believe some other gadget or sumthing did that.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
Well, I KNOW my R4 is real, but I still won't buy another one. The next flashcart I buy will have SDHC support. I haven't really decided which one that will be just yet though.
Rayder. Get the CycloDS.

The CycloDS is now 35 bucks off of DX.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
Rayder said:
Well, I KNOW my R4 is real, but I still won't buy another one. The next flashcart I buy will have SDHC support. I haven't really decided which one that will be just yet though.
Rayder. Get the CycloDS.

The CycloDS is now 35 bucks off of DX.
ttds=$20 on dx and has sdhc like mentioned.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
High-end card: CycloDS Evo, SCDS1
Budget: Acekard 2, EDGE

ahtin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
PharaohsVizier said:
Anyways, I don't see how this is unethical or not smart or so on. First I want to ask how is this unethical? If they just release a patch bricking them without any warning, that would be unethical. They are protecting their merchandise. Remember when the Wii had the update that threatened to brick the console if you have a modchip installed? Same deal here, why isn't Nintendo the unethical people? Sure the R4 is a modchip and they thrive on piracy, but they are still a business that wants to make money. If I was in their position, I would have done this a while ago, not to mention I wouldn't have even bothered to try and make a firmware like that, I'd just lie (could be happening here too XD). The clones are playing dirty by underselling the R4, releasing them as upgrades, new products, even the same product, the R4 team is just playing at their level. They tried to ignore them for too long, but look at all the N5s and R4 Upgrades they have sold, some people even believe that the upgrades are official, the R4 team can't stand by and watch their business go down the drain, it is only reasonable that if they can't ignore them, they should do something about it. Giving people a warning and telling them what to do if there is a brick is what I'd expect to make this fair, and they have done it.

Yes, some user buy clone because of they are cheaper, they can use 1.18 system, just don't update the firmware will be slove, maybe the fake factory can hack the new firmware for their fake card

and there is some interesting thing from asia, if you know the URL of the fake R4 website, and you can read chinese, you will found this interesting picture.

6165.jpg

first, what I have to say is there are no R4 SDHC or R4 II/III from team R4

the picture said R4 have no update firmware anymore and cant play the game with new known problem but R4 SDHC (Fake) will have new UPDATE and can fix all problem in the future.

there are lots of shop keeper selling this Fake R4 with this picture which found in the Fake Website.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can any1 see the diff b/w the legit and bootleg in those pics the op posted???? i'm gonna have to check my lil cousin card......

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems odd that they would make fake R4's brick your system. Just maybe they are only trying to scare people into checking harder for real R4's when shopping.

Regardless, it makes sense as a warning, but it's still a dick move. There are some very convincing fakes out there, and it's not the buyers fault for buying the wrong card. It'll probably get complaints to those fakers, but it's still punishing the consumer.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmmm..... well, you can't fault R4team. R4DS is their cart, their product, and their source of money. Clone R4s causes less peoplebuy original R4, surely they need money too. This is one of their move to keep cash flowing to their wallet.

Although, I have to admit, can't they just brick the fake ard? destroying other's NDS sure sounds evil to me....
unsure.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
is it really that big of a deal to go out and spend 35-50$ on a new kit that will allow you to play thousands of dollars worth of free software? gameyeah has a 25% coupon going on right now and the r4 is so cheap there as it is. just go out and buy a real one.

-another world

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
PharaohsVizier said:
Raestloz said:
Hmmm..... well, you can't fault R4team. R4DS is their cart, their product, and their source of money. Clone R4s causes less peoplebuy original R4, surely they need money too. This is one of their move to keep cash flowing to their wallet.

Although, I have to admit, can't they just brick the fake ard? destroying other's NDS sure sounds evil to me....
unsure.gif

And how would they go about bricking the card? Seems to me it would be more convincing (yes convincing as in both convince people to buy a real R4, and convincing as in convincing them that this isn't some bluff) to brick a DS. People would be a lot more worried about a broken DS. And let's say this statement is a bluff, it is much easier to believe that they can brick DSs than the cart seeing as how DSs have been bricked many times, from the flashing process, the DS Virus to the huge problems with the N5, not to mention it occured with a lot of other flash carts even real R4s. Whos ever heard of a cart bricking other than from normal use?

Having a competition with clones is not a right to threaten NDSs mind you, I know, flashcart users uses flashcarts "at their own risk, considering they have saved enough money to buy another NDS compared to if they buy original carts". But not all people can differ which is fake and which is original. Sure, some people is informed, but some are not. Uninformed people who bought a fake R4 and got their NDS bricked will be sad, and it feels pretty mean

another way of saying, "Do not buy R4!"
And here my friend just bought an R4 just yesterday at this moment.
He said R4 is easy to use, and he doesn't need much hassles like Quicksave and others. Just simple turn on and play.....

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, like others haave said, at least this means that they are still active, so a new firmware must be coming out sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.