ROM Hack An Idea to fix HG/SS freezes on R4i SDHC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubaaa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I posted this exact same post on the romulation forums.

First of all I am sorry if this is the wrong section
Also don't be thrown of by my post count, I am here to help.

As I stated in the title this is just the idea that I thought of, please don't flame me if you think this can't work.

My idea is as follows.
I think everyone knows how to fix the game for No$GBA emulator. Link here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36368.0

What I tried to do is apply that to my rom and edit the cheatdatabase (usrcheat.dat) to be able to use the codes
Code:
Pokemon HeartGold (U)fix code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U)fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

I am concentrating on this part
Code:
How:
http://wb3000.nintendo-scene.com/dsbuff.html
Used to Unpack the Heart Gold Rom
Find a file with the name Guru2
Delete it
Repack
I done that to my rom and the rom works well just freezes.
However if I use the exact same rom on a No$gba emulator(with the code 020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000, I am able to play without any freezes).
So I know I can use the AR cheat in the R4i SDHC, the R4 team provided a cheat database editor (http://r4i-sdhc.com/downloade33.asp)
I followed the steps to use the cheat code, the only problem is I can't see the cheat code. If I am able to use that cheat I think, I might have found the fix for HG/SS.

So I need the help of you guys to do this

The only problem is that you trade all of your cheats for this to work, hehe

And sorry if you might have some troubles reading what I wrote, its the evening so yeah
tongue.gif

I suspect this will only for the R4i SDHC.

UPDATE:
I noticed that the code works as a filter. When the game freezes and I am not using the cheat, as soon as I turn on the code the game returns to normal, meaning that the Anti-Piracy sends codes to the game to make it freeze at certain points!

If you have any suggestions or anything that you can contribute please post here. (I don't want you to tell me that this and that works on AKAIO etc..)

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TM2, your not helping. HE is trying to, so Foad off!

would using AR help us with the mirror errors of this problem? would AR help us? honestly, I just think somebody should REDUMP this game and see what happens.... I don't think there is an "AP" problem.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, this is not going to work. You can edit any card's cheats with yasu r4cce...
with r4cce you can add cheats instead of getting rid of every cheat just for one... and that cheat only works for no gba..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-