Hacking An Error Occurred/Error type: generic on Physical Pokemon Y

Paperweight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am trying to figure out what went wrong with my physical copy of Pokemon Y after using Luma to patch and randomize it. (I have made sure all of my CFW is up to date before asking this)

I have a CFW Old 3DS which I used to patch a randomizer onto Pokemon Y. After playing it for a short while, it would crash and give me the "An error occurred (ErrDisp) Error type: generic" screen which I have learned basically just is the "An Error has occurred. Hold down the POWER button....." error. I thought it had something to do with the randomizer so I got rid of it, and reset the save file so I could play it normally. However, I kept on getting the same error around the catching tutorial or so. I put the game cart into my bud's non-CFW old 3DS and I got the Nintendo "An Error has occurred......" message.

I have dug through many forum posts and have not been able to answer my own question. I've probably overlooked something or maybe, as one article I read suggested, this is normal after you use hacks and now my cart is an expensive decoration.

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things I would try:
  1. Delete the save file by pressing Up + X + B at the same time on the title screen.
  2. Clean the contacts

Paperweight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things I would try:
  1. Delete the save file by pressing Up + X + B at the same time on the title screen.
  2. Clean the contacts
Yeah I've tried deleting the save file multiple times and every time i get to Route 2, it crashes at some point. I am currently cleaning the contacts now, and that's probably the right move but I overlooked that when I was "troubleshooting."

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first thing I would look at is disabling the patch and loading the game. See if it errors out on ya. Theres been a ton of these types of things that happen with randomizers.

Paperweight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing I would look at is disabling the patch and loading the game. See if it errors out on ya. Theres been a ton of these types of things that happen with randomizers.
I disabled the randomizer a long while ago. It has kept crashing since. Thank you for the recommendation though.

Paperweight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. Did you by chance have a save made from before patching?
I don't believe so. I might have one saved with checkpoint, but I doubt it. I will check regardless. I also just tried to clean the contacts to help it, but as I typed that last sentence, I got the error again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do not seem to have a checkpoint save of the game, which is something I should have done before randomizing. If this means the card is screwed, I'll accept that. Thanks for the help.

(update)

well i just managed to go 30 minutes or so into the game before crashing, which is the longest it has gone. I dont know if that's helpful info though.

(update)

cleaned again, crashed after 4m 56s...
and again- 3m 48s.

Last edited by Paperweight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: