Hacking An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, todays I have tried to update my N3DSXL under 11.8.0-41E with luma 10.0.1and I got this error message and I was unable to update my firmware.
Is there a way to update it with an other way or how can i solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

The error because i does not know how to upload a picture:

An error occurred (ErrDisp)

Erro type: generic

Process ID: 67115840

Address: 0x00000cda
Error code: 0x000000cd

Press any button to reboot.

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes the following error appear:

An error occured (ErrDisp)

Error type: generic

Process ID: 19
Process name: am
Process title ID: 0x0004013000001502

Address: 0x00109392
Error code: 0xc86044d2

Press any button to reboot.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When i have done the memory battery trick, should I put my SD cards back in the 3ds before step 2?

Last edited by Newe,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i have done the memory battery trick, should I put my SD cards back in the 3ds?
No. For battery trick, boot the 3DS without the SD card and (3)DS game/flash cart inserted.

If the blue LED turns on and off, you'll need install the missing CTRNAND Luma3DS. For B9S custom firmware, this allows booting without SD card.

If that error still appears despite the battery trick and setting up CTRNAND Luma3DS, continue with post #4's steps 2-4 in that order.
  • Step 3's (Black screen on SysNAND boot) was edited and added in late.

EDIT 1 - You can use the SD card again after you've tried battery trick and booting the 3DS without it.
EDIT 2 - You can put back the SD card in step 2. It should be possible to system update without the card. Steps 3 and 4 will require it.

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So after doing the battery trick, the blue led isn't blinking. So I press the power button and the 3ds starts like a normal start without sd card.
Then I tried with and without the sdcard to poweroff the 3ds and start in safe boot. In the two case the update is froze at a moment where the bar is filled at 10%.

If you want I can take a video to see if I do the trick right

Last edited by Newe,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after doing the battery trick, the blue led isn't blinking. So I press the power button and the 3ds starts like a normal start without sd card.
Then I tried with and without the sdcard to poweroff the 3ds and start in safe boot. In the two case the update is froze at a moment like 0,1 of the bar is filled.

If you want I can take a video to see if I do the trick right
As long as you disconnected or removed the battery from the 3DS and held the (POWER) button up to 30 seconds to quickly discharge, you did the battery trick correctly. The booting without SD card and game cart also helps to figure out if the problem was coming from the SD card or game cart themselves.

If your 3DS froze trying to system update in Recovery Mode without SD card, it's likely the 3DS firmware is semi-softbricked from failed system update (ie, frankenfirm).

Go to step 4. Carefully read and follow that page's Instructions.

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The update is not really froze, because there is always the animations on the screen, it is just that the bar is stucked, so should I always go for step 4?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update is not really froze, because there is always the animations on the screen, it is just that the bar is stucked, so should I always go for step 4?
  1. You can try to delete system titles that are stuck in the middle of the update. These are downloads your 3DS received from the Nintendo CDN server that haven't been formally installed onto the 3DS firmware.
    • FBIPending TitlesDelete All
  2. After those are deleted, see if system update finally goes through in Recovery Mode -or- System Settings → System Update.
  3. If the 3DS firmware still doesn't update, try moving the 3DS closer to the WiFi router. Also try connecting to a different Internet source... Just be careful going out to public WiFi places like at coffee shops due to the Coronavirus.
  4. If the 3DS firmware STILL can't be updated, continue with the CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer.
Edit - Also check if the Nintendo Network is currently down for maintenance.

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey at step 12 of CTRTransfer i got this error when i click on Nintendo 3ds Camera

Attachments

• 1584977744966896248312925902537.jpg
    1584977744966896248312925902537.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 395

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. That "loader" error generally means either missing boot.3dsx when launching Homebrew Launcher or for some cases of installed CIAs games, missing seed that needs to be imported.

I just try to launch homebrew with the boot.3dsx at the root of the sdcard and i got the same error

Edit: when I power on a message appear on the bottom screen telling me that the access to the sdcard has faild and the software on the sdcard can't be showed

Last edited by Newe,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just try to launch homebrew with the boot.3dsx at the root of the sdcard and i got the same error

Edit: when I power on a message appear on the bottom screen telling me that the access to the sdcard has faild and the software on the sdcard can't be showed
Which one of these best describes your error?
  • Top-Left: Blue
  • Top-Right: Red
  • Bottom-Left: Orange
  • Bottom-Right: Teal
  • None of the above: Purple
launch-3ds-games-issues-updated-png.188030

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the bottom right Teal message
Did you make sure to reformat your SD card in step 2 and to check its hardware condition in step 3?

On my n3DSXL for example, I get the Teal message on a 4 GB card out of the several microSD cards I own. The n3DSXL's microSD card slot reader does not get a good connection with that particular card because the reader is slightly worn. The contacts on my 4 GB card sits slightly lower than my main 128 GB; the contact pins inside the slot reader doesn't push down far enough to get a good reach with the card.

If you followed steps 2-3 for that SD card you're using, see if your n3DSXL picks up reading a different card.

Newe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did step 2 and step 3 with great precautions and i get no error on h2testw. I have an other sd card with the same amount of memory I will format it, test it and I will tell you if it worked.

Edit 1:Where it's a bit weird is that I always have access to godmode9, luma and rosalina wihen I make an button combination.

Last edited by Newe,

tosti

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sometimes just taking out and putting back in the SD card does the trick for me. As if I have inserted it improperly or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1