Hacking "An Error has occured" Downgrade 10.3 to 9.2

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingpinSlim
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,419
  • Replies Replies 16
K

KingpinSlim

Guest
Today i followed the A9LHX Guide by Plailect ( https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ) and when it came to downgrading it suddenly arrived at a boot where the message "An Error has occured" was displayed.
The system itself is perfectly functional and even displays the 9.2 version-string.

Is this something i should be concerned about?
The only other cases that i found which encountered this error seemed to have a non-functional system as a result. Mine however seems to function fine.
Except perhaps that for reason i can not start FBI from the homebrew-launcher.
This always results in a black screen.

Any advice?
 
Sounds like a 'Frankenfirmware'. Re-update (to <v11.0 obviously, using a game cart, ideally.), then downgrade, otherwise things will be half-installed, and you risk a nasty brick.
 
Last edited by BrokenToasterOven,
You could reach homebrew launcher? If you don't mind, can you try to launch Decrypt9?

You may been lucky.
 
Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Sounds like a 'Frankenfirmware'. Re-update (to <v11.0 obviously, using a game cart, ideally.), then downgrade, otherwise things will be half-installed, and you risk a nasty brick.
don't update!

since you can access Home Menu, continue downgrading, it's perfectly fine.
 
9.4-10.3 usually crash on the home menu title, you can confirm looking at your log.

Basically NFIRM still isn't downgraded. Swap your payload (if you're using OOT/CN) to 9.2.0-20E or just rerun the downgrader again to finish NFIRM downgrade - then you'll be good.
 
I had that too.
Just do the downgrade from the point you are. In my case it crashed two times. In the third try it completed. I checked it with downgrade-check homebrew and it seems valide. After verifying I continued
 
9.4-10.3 usually crash on the home menu title, you can confirm looking at your log.

Basically NFIRM still isn't downgraded. Swap your payload (if you're using OOT/CN) to 9.2.0-20E or just rerun the downgrader again to finish NFIRM downgrade - then you'll be good.

Okay, Doing it again now.

EDIT: I think it only downgraded one title now?
Said it downgraded Nfirm now.

Emunand9 goes to black screen.
 
Last edited by ,
Okay, Doing it again now.

EDIT: I think it only downgraded one title now?
Said it downgraded Nfirm now.

Yup, just as I said. You're good to go and follow the rest of the guide. All the ARM9 payloads should be working.
 
Partial downgrade. Happened with me too, I almost had a heart attack. Just re-enter HBL and finish the downgrade (It will even pick up to before the error has happened and continue from there).
 
Everything seems to work fine so far.

I decided to stay with Gateway 3.7.1 for now and wait until their new release comes out before i go the A9LHX route.

I'd be careful with that, supposedly the beta that's out there with a9lh support hasn't proven to be particularly good...
 
To you or anyone else who wants help downgrading, Im not expert but Ive been through it a couple times before, feel free to contact me if you need help understanding the guide.
 

Site & Scene News