Homebrew Among Us 3DS Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
guys, my unity with 3DS SDK still builds with no issues.
I dunno what you're about with the deleting and reinstalling. but hey if you can build now it's good news i guess

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
guys, my unity with 3DS SDK still builds with no issues.
I dunno what you're about with the deleting and reinstalling. but hey if you can build now it's good news i guess
i can, but i wonder how i could use the .cci file, i do have luma!

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i can, but i wonder how i could use the .cci file, i do have luma!
convert it to CIA. Gotta do it like this

1- rename the extension to 3DS (make sure you're renaming the extension and not just the name, like.. don't end up with "mygame.3ds.cci" or it'll definetely fail. Gotta be "mygame.3ds", windows will give a warning, click accept)
2 - use "3ds simple cia" software to convert to cia. (software is most likely found on this forum)
3 - install

it's that easy

Reactions: peteruk

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
convert it to CIA. Gotta do it like this

1- rename the extension to 3DS (make sure you're renaming the extension and not just the name, like.. don't end up with "mygame.3ds.cci" or it'll definetely fail. Gotta be "mygame.3ds", windows will give a warning, click accept)
2 - use "3ds simple cia" software to convert to cia. (software is most likely found on this forum)
3 - install

it's that easy
oh so a .cci is a 3ds, COOL! then im converting it right away

Reactions: peteruk

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Among Us 3DS port discord server, your all than welcome to come here for updates and screenshots before any releases come along. It is a thing and soon our project will be finished, coming bundled with skeld, the other maps will be created after skeld is finished https://discord.gg/sPja9pk77R

Reactions: YSMM1

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Among Us 3DS port discord server, your all than welcome to come here for updates and screenshots before any releases come along. It is a thing and soon our project will be finished, coming bundled with skeld, the other maps will be created after skeld is finished https://discord.gg/sPja9pk77R
That sounds more like a remake than a port to me.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds more like a remake than a port to me.
Exactly my thought. The word "port" gets used in a whole bunch of inappropriate situations, unless you're including the original source or binaries it barely qualifies in the slightest.
I was going to go with "recreation" but when it comes to gaming I suppose calling it a remake is more apt.

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Exactly my thought. The word "port" gets used in a whole bunch of inappropriate situations, unless you're including the original source or binaries it barely qualifies in the slightest.
I was going to go with "recreation" but when it comes to gaming I suppose calling it a remake is more apt.
the "port" includes original content from inner sloth, and will soon include original server code, but the rest is i guess a remake, and while a port might be possible, in the moment we don't have the resources to do that

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
the "port" includes original content from inner sloth
My guess is that you mean the audio and graphics, ripped from the original. This doesn't qualify your remake as a port.
will soon include original server code
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the server source code isn't public.

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the server source code isn't public.
LH ( the de-compiler of among us) who is my partner in crime, has gotten a hold of the game scripts, we should be able to figure out the server's inner workings after a little digging!

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
LH ( the de-compiler of among us) who is my partner in crime, has gotten a hold of the game scripts, we should be able to figure out the server's inner workings after a little digging!
…I'm pretty sure releasing that would be illegal.

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
At least don’t give it a public release
oh i'll make sure innersloth can hear us, they already deleted my post on twitter about the port, so im not forgiving them, im positing it online, on as many websites as i could, and im gonna make sure people know about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MxRed,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh i'll make sure innersloth can hear us, they already deleted my post on twitter about the port, so im not forgiving them, im positing it online, on as many websites as i could, and im gonna make sure people know about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you going to be ready to forgive them when you got a agent at your front door with a statement of being sued for who knows how many millions?

Cdiddy1122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 5 VPNs at all times, GOOD LUCK SUEING ME :D
VPNs don't matter when you are severely violating international copyright law, which you both knew about and expressed disdain for. If I released the world's deadliest computer virus, VPN's wouldn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. This is international copyright laws, and innersloth completely has the rightaway to take you down.

MxRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
VPNs don't matter when you are severely violating international copyright law, which you both knew about and expressed disdain for. If I released the world's deadliest computer virus, VPN's wouldn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. This is international copyright laws, and innersloth completely has the rightaway to take you down.
innersloth hasn't sued [PIRACY WEBSITE] for leaking the game for free, so i don't see why innersloth would even care, the 3ds is dead as far as they know, so they won't care at ALL, infact i tweeted towards them and they just deleted my post, even though, i aggreged to sell the project to them, nope... they just got rid of my post and brushed it off, so WHO CARES

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Don't link to warez sites please

Cdiddy1122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what you said, correct? This is probably what is making innersloth nervous, as you could then connect anything to the server you want. The reason why igg games is a). This obviously wasn't a big deal, as I have never even heard of this site and b). They simply took and reposted the game, without any modification to the game code. You also have said that you plan to illegally modify the code of the game in a post further up, saying that you will be adding new maps. I don't know of a specific charge that would be related to this, but it might be the thing that prompts the lawsuit. All in all, I don't think they will sue, but if you slip up, do something stupid, or they realize that they are losing significant money on unofficial ports and websites, then you'd better watch out.

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho