1. GaboGabito007

GaboGabito007 Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    We'll have to wait and see what happens

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. TurdPooCharger

United States
    E-mail or tweet the Inner Sloth developers. Maybe start a petition as a head count of many 3DS users that are still out there that would be interested in the game.

Provide some mock up images and explanation on how a 3DS ported version would look like and work in practice.
    • Circle pad to move around
    • Bottom touchscreen to do tasks
    • Microphone for crew vote discussion

3. lemonmaster

lemonmaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is this satire

squee666 and denpafan like this.
  4. TurdPooCharger

United States
    You mean explaining the basic functionalities of how Among Us would function on the 3DS system, or suggesting the idea we contact the game developers about porting it the 3DS?

5. Bennyoyeggo

Bennyoyeggo Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    if that would work, i could finally play it for free with a tolerable control stick

Moon164 likes this.
  6. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Gbatemp’s official Scott pilgrim fanatic ™

United States
    Wait, slow down, ddlc came to 3ds?

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

This game seems it was made to be played by YouTubers than gamers. Meh, the idea is interesting although it feels overrated now.

8. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I thought you might be referring to joycon drift on the Switch, but there's no Switch port of this game yet, so what are you talking about..? You can use your 3DS as a controller on a PC if you otherwise lack a "tolerable control stick".

Yep, old news.
    https://github.com/LukeZGD/DDLC-LOVE/releases

It uses earlier work porting the LÖVE engine.

9. Zenek

Zenek Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Well, i think can be pretty cool though

10. Agent_Galactic

Agent_Galactic Riddim lover

United States
    He's probably referring to the controls on mobile. Touchscreen joysticks are no good especially for people with sweaty hands.

Momoro and Saxer like this.
  11. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, no, as cool as a 3DS port would be, they'd probably be more likely to port to Switch than 3DS.

12. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    touchscreen would be super useful for tasks tho. But yeah, it's kinda pointless to invest in a 3DS port when there's switch out there, unless you're willing to do it for free or the credits and some change..

Azerus_Kun likes this.
  13. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun Pro Plasher

Uruguay
    the best case i would see is some people here ask the team for permission, do it on their own, then give the team money for the fees of publishing, and promise that the volunteers will update the port

14. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    the updating also sounds like a total hassle. the game gets major updates every few weeks. Who'd be willing to get THAT invested in this port? it should be an innersloth in-house developer.

Azerus_Kun likes this.
  15. Momoro

Momoro The Dark One

United States
    3DS isn't "dead" ^_^ It's still quite active, we just need someone to break the Switch, like destroy the eShop or something so everyone will have to go back to 3DS! ..i'm joking.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do you have sweaty hands? Because I do!!

Agent_Galactic likes this.
  16. Agent_Galactic

Agent_Galactic Riddim lover

United States
    Sadly, yes.

Pablo_CL and Momoro like this.
  17. Momoro
    This message by Momoro has been removed from public view by VinsCool, Nov 30, 2020, Reason: Emoji only post.
    Nov 30, 2020
  18. Pablo_CL

Pablo_CL Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Someone who played among us mobile and then bought it on steam-
    It really isn't hard to top typing in a phone maybe making it so you select who to vote with buttons and there's a keyboard on touch screen would already be better than how phone keyboards work, you have to
    1.- touch the text field
    2.- horribly choose the letters (you'll use backspace a lot here bc of how uncomfortable it is)
    3.- hope that you don't accidentally press the back button as it will delete everything in the field
    4.- send the message
    5.- get voted out because you were too slow to type

in 3ds i can only see 2 being a problem
    (also this is probably not happening anymore since the devs are back in among us and have cancelled among us 2 but we can dream lol)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

no it isn't
    why would it be lol, they're explaining how it COULD work
    (also idk about the mic, 3ds mic isn't the best lol)

19. Erfg1

Erfg1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @placebo_yue There's no difference in Unity between a mouse click and a finger touching the screen.

I've made a few Unity homebrews for the 3DS. You would probably have to back port it to an older Unity version, compress the artwork for a much smaller screen and modify which components are displayed on the top screen and which are on the bottom.

Fairly easy, especially if it was already programmed in Unity.

Momoro likes this.
  20. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Did i say otherwise? i also fooled around with 3DS building and found out myself that a simple button without any custom 3DS script whatsoever can be pressed on the touchscreen. But the game still needs some serious rework. You have two screens where you always had one (how to deal with possible hardcoded stuff for what's onscreen and whatsnot?), the keyboard despite what some of you might say, is awkward. You simply can't type fast enough with the stylus compared to a cellphone or, even better, a computer keyboard. Then you'd have to map either the virtual joystick of the android version or the keyboard/mouse of the PC version to the analog/dpad (fairly easy), and, the final boss, deal with the whole online capabilities of the game so it can connect with the android and Pc counterparts.

Nothing sounds impossible but it's no easy task either

Momoro likes this.
  21. RedstoneHair

RedstoneHair Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    i could do it, maybe we could even just make it a separate game, and i see no decline in 3ds usage with tons of people in communities and tons of people playing online games like mario cart 7, i'd be happy to work into making something, after all im able to make 3ds homebrew apps, and maybe with some tweaking make it into a .cia file, so if you want it message me, im happy to work for free or with a small payment ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted