Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    guys, my unity with 3DS SDK still builds with no issues.
    I dunno what you're about with the deleting and reinstalling. but hey if you can build now it's good news i guess

2. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    i can, but i wonder how i could use the .cci file, i do have luma!

3. placebo_yue

placebo_yue GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    convert it to CIA. Gotta do it like this

1- rename the extension to 3DS (make sure you're renaming the extension and not just the name, like.. don't end up with "mygame.3ds.cci" or it'll definetely fail. Gotta be "mygame.3ds", windows will give a warning, click accept)
    2 - use "3ds simple cia" software to convert to cia. (software is most likely found on this forum)
    3 - install

it's that easy

peteruk likes this.
  4. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    oh so a .cci is a 3ds, COOL! then im converting it right away

peteruk likes this.
  5. User154

User154 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom

You can also convert the .cci using godmode9. Navigate to where the .cci is,
    select it,
    select NCSD image options,
    select build CIA from file

6. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    Among Us 3DS port discord server, your all than welcome to come here for updates and screenshots before any releases come along. It is a thing and soon our project will be finished, coming bundled with skeld, the other maps will be created after skeld is finished https://discord.gg/sPja9pk77R

YSMM1 likes this.
  7. smileyhead

smileyhead I like cute stuff.

Hungary
    That sounds more like a remake than a port to me.

8. Seriel

Seriel Doing her best

United Kingdom
    Exactly my thought. The word "port" gets used in a whole bunch of inappropriate situations, unless you're including the original source or binaries it barely qualifies in the slightest.
    I was going to go with "recreation" but when it comes to gaming I suppose calling it a remake is more apt.

9. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    the "port" includes original content from inner sloth, and will soon include original server code, but the rest is i guess a remake, and while a port might be possible, in the moment we don't have the resources to do that

10. smileyhead

Hungary
    My guess is that you mean the audio and graphics, ripped from the original. This doesn't qualify your remake as a port.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the server source code isn't public.

11. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    LH ( the de-compiler of among us) who is my partner in crime, has gotten a hold of the game scripts, we should be able to figure out the server's inner workings after a little digging!

12. smileyhead

Hungary
    …I'm pretty sure releasing that would be illegal.

13. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    we'll be the judges of that

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  14. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Nyan-binary

United States
    At least don’t give it a public release

BLOCKMINER3000 and Cdiddy1122 like this.
  15. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    oh i'll make sure innersloth can hear us, they already deleted my post on twitter about the port, so im not forgiving them, im positing it online, on as many websites as i could, and im gonna make sure people know about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MxRed, Jan 20, 2021
  16. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Are you going to be ready to forgive them when you got a agent at your front door with a statement of being sued for who knows how many millions?

17. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    i have 5 VPNs at all times, GOOD LUCK SUEING ME :D

18. Cdiddy1122

Cdiddy1122 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    VPNs don't matter when you are severely violating international copyright law, which you both knew about and expressed disdain for. If I released the world's deadliest computer virus, VPN's wouldn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. This is international copyright laws, and innersloth completely has the rightaway to take you down.

19. MxRed

MxRed Member
    Newcomer

Bulgaria
    innersloth hasn't sued [PIRACY WEBSITE] for leaking the game for free, so i don't see why innersloth would even care, the 3ds is dead as far as they know, so they won't care at ALL, infact i tweeted towards them and they just deleted my post, even though, i aggreged to sell the project to them, nope... they just got rid of my post and brushed it off, so WHO CARES

Last edited by Veho, Jan 20, 2021 - Reason: Don't link to warez sites please
  20. Cdiddy1122

Cdiddy1122 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is what you said, correct? This is probably what is making innersloth nervous, as you could then connect anything to the server you want. The reason why igg games is a). This obviously wasn't a big deal, as I have never even heard of this site and b). They simply took and reposted the game, without any modification to the game code. You also have said that you plan to illegally modify the code of the game in a post further up, saying that you will be adding new maps. I don't know of a specific charge that would be related to this, but it might be the thing that prompts the lawsuit. All in all, I don't think they will sue, but if you slip up, do something stupid, or they realize that they are losing significant money on unofficial ports and websites, then you'd better watch out.

BLOCKMINER3000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.