Question Amiibo Conundrum...

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by darklink1010, Apr 16, 2017.

1. darklink1010
    OP

darklink1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    After having three different fake sellers laundering me out of my money and time over trying to buy some Amiibo, Specifically the Link smash bros Amiibo and the Twilight princess HD wolf link amiibo on amazon, I decided to turn to the internet to try and find a different way because the prices shot up to almost $90 for both of the amiibo i was searching for. I had heard that you could make spoof amiibo, so that was the first thing I had looked into, however what i started finding was that you needed an android phone with a nfc writer build into it, I am an ISO user and have an iphone 6 (not by choice mind you, hate the dang thing), so anything that required an android was out of question, so i looked into the power saves for amiibos from datel, and I never found a definitive answer as to whether I could make a spoof amiibo that way or not, so i looked into whether you could use a new 3ds for editing amiibo, again no such luck, all I want is a link amiibo and the wolf link amiibo and have tried searching around for the different methods and came up with pretty much nothing, almost giving up, I decided to come to this forum in hopes that someone will know something about how to help me out with this problem, thank you for taking your time out of your day to read this.

2. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/N2-Elite-AM...367038?hash=item2381501efe:g:kuEAAOSw4A5Yzz3Z This I think will work for you but I think it will let you use the computer for it but if not you would still need the android phone you can store up to 200 amibos on this thing.. As for the SSB link I have one that I would sell you if you would like one that bad. (yes before mods say anything i know this is not the part of the form to sell on.)

Garblant likes this.
  3. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    Did you report the fake sellers to get your money back at least?

leerpsp likes this.
  4. darklink1010
    OP

darklink1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Tried but amazon denied them being a fake seller even though it shouldn't take a month for a less then 4 lbs package to get here, not real happy with amazon currently

5. Kourin

Kourin Touhou Maniac

Jan 24, 2016
    Australia
    Ripple Star
    Wait, so the package was just late? It didn't contain a fake Amiibo?

6. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Do any local stores have the TP HD game with amiibo? Many stores in my area still have the game with the amiibo.

7. darklink1010
    OP

darklink1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    That's the thing there absolutely was no package and no seller, i had already tried to contact the seller but magically there was none, almost like they deleted their account or something, i really don't know how to explain it better

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I was thinking about doing that, although i don't have any use for the game, twilight princess is not one of my zelda games that I wish to play over and over again, nothing against the game itself. it's a great game, I just didn't enjoy playing it for whatever reason

8. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Still beats $90+ for the amiibo alone. MSRP would be $59.99.

9. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    Since you hate your phone can you not sell it and get an android?

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Never mind.

11. leerpsp

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    then your not talking to the right person i get refunds all the time from fake sellers and plus get gift cards on top of that for my turble keep calling back tell you find some one that will do something also act to speak to a superviser as well you can get all that done.

12. darklink1010
    OP

darklink1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Fair point, I might buy it just because of how frustrating this has been, and I'm surprised that Nintendo hasn't just made more of the link amiibo for smash bros considering how much it is going for right now
    Ill try again tonight, hopefully they'll do something now, this will be the fourth attempt to deal with them, and I wish I was joking

Last edited by darklink1010, Apr 17, 2017
  13. leerpsp

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    [QUOTE="Ill try again tonight, hopefully they'll do something now, this will be the fourth attempt to deal with them, and I wish I was joking[/QUOTE]
    sounds good it only take me less then 10 most of the time only one time it took me 20 times calling but you can get something done because there policy says that they have to anyways or will more or less that is what they told me.

14. darklink1010
    OP

darklink1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    +

sounds good it only take me less then 10 most of the time only one time it took me 20 times calling but you can get something done because there policy says that they have to anyways or will more or less that is what they told me.[/QUOTE]
    Ok, I had to call them and get myself transferred to a manager to sort this out, the manager said that'll I'll get a refund, still not very happy with them, but the manager was cool at least, I will probably buy the n2elite set in the coming month or so, although Nintendo really needs to produce more amiibo, specifically the zelda amiibos, ever since BOTW came out the prices have been jacked for them as expected, but it's gotten a bit out of hand

leerpsp likes this.
  15. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I have a couple of spare NFC tags and some extra printed cards. I can send you the spoofed amiibos by way of mail..if you end up paying for shipping.

16. OfficialFBomb

OfficialFBomb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 24, 2015
    United States
    Yea I have a spare set, all 17 cards that work in botw to unlock everything, if your interested hit me up.

17. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
  18. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Let me know what u need.

Attached Files:

19. aclearersky

aclearersky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2013
    United States
  20. Gedi223

Gedi223 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2008
    United States
    Look in the tagmo thread. I picked up an $11 on ebay and works perfect for writing amiibo's LG Optimus F3 LS720 virgin mobile