Amazon's cloud gaming service, Amazon Luna, expands access to Fire TV users

amazon luna fire tv.JPG

In September 2020, Amazon announced its very own cloud gaming service, Amazon Luna. However, the early access service was available only via invitation. In a blog post, the company announced that Amazon Luna is expanding its early access to Fire TV users as of today. The Luna app is available to download on Fire TV and offers a 7-day free trial to the Luna+ channel; after which Luna+ channel subscriptions renew at $5.99/month during early access. This channel offers titles like Control, Metro Exodus, Sonic Mania, and GRiD.

Ubisoft+ channel subscription is at $14.99/month beta pricing which gives access to titles like Immortals Fenyx Rising and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Additionally, as of today, the Luna Controller is available to purchase without the need for invitation.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: Mama Looigi

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is the first time I ever heard of this gaming service and considering how Google much more advertised Stadia is going...

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP

In September 2020, Amazon announced its very own cloud gaming service, Amazon Luna. However, the early access service was available only via invitation. In a blog post, the company announced that Amazon Luna is expanding its early access to Fire TV users as of today. The Luna app is available to download on Fire TV and offers a 7-day free trial to the Luna+ channel; after which Luna+ channel subscriptions renew at $5.99/month during early access. This channel offers titles like Control, Metro Exodus, Sonic Mania, and GRiD. Ubisoft+ channel subscription is at $14.99/month beta pricing which gives access to titles like Immortals Fenyx Rising and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.

Additionally, as of today, all customers can purchase the Luna Controller without the need for invitation.

:arrow: SOURCE
Imagine if the Big N made their own cloud service. It would be better than real drinks from @alexander1970

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up - if anyone wants just the controller, it's $69.99. US customers can use code " 20OFFLUNA21" at check out to effectively drop the price to $49.99, before tax and shipping. Not sure if it works outside of the US.

With that being said, I'm glad that the options for gaming are expanding, I just don't personally benefit from Stadia or Luna. The controller looks nice, though.

Reactions: lordelan

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've been very happy with my Amazon Fire TV to play NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, MD, PSP and PSX for free. I use my 8 BitDo SN30 Pro controllers and voilá... Emulation FTW! :D

I'm planning to get a Raspberry Pi at some point... :sleep:

rayida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works perfectly fine with an Xbox controller connected to the firestick over Bluetooth. I got in this via my Ubisoft Connect subscription and have played it a couple of times while I haven't got round to installing my new bluetooth card on my PC. I'm sure other controllers work too.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think they were expecting their in-house development teams to have had at least one successful release under their belts by now. As-is, Luna is in the exact same position as Stadia, aka not a good one. Completely unappealing to anyone who already owns a modern console/gaming platform.

Last edited by Xzi,

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if the Big N made their own cloud service. It would be better than real drinks from @alexander1970

Aren't Nintendo rumoured to be launching a service (developed by a company they're partnering with), later in the year?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whilst I feel Amazon have a better shot than Google, I can't really see them making any real strides.

They have no recognisable ip, although they do still have development teams, what they've shown has been pretty generic mostly.

Microsoft have there own ("AAA") ip, available day one, included in the service, aswell as a select few titles from other devs.

Sony, whilst still miles behind have a lot of good ip and the brand to drive some growth, of they could create a service (and not expect you to sell your grandmother and loan out your children to pay for it).

I think we're now past the point of an unknown, smaller dev having any chance of pulling a surprise entry.

This race is now Microsoft's to lose.

Currently Steam, CDPROJECTRED (who have far too much to handle for the next few years), Rockstar / TakeTwo and and a few others, don't seem interested.

Ubisoft don't have a chance, but they could have been an outside contender a year or two ago.

Apple could surprise, I could see a lot if casual sheep following as usual, but it's hard to say right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-