Aew4life Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The great gaming crash of 2021 lmao

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    the way the controller works sounds cool. its wifi and connect directly to the games server. this lowers the controller lag and makes it quick and easy to switch between multiple devices as they would only be used for displaying screen. never seen a streaming service do it this way

Scott_pilgrim and Rail Fighter like this.
  3. CPG

CPG happy spoopoween

Canada
    CAN ALL THESE COMPANIES FUCKING STOP TRYING TO MAKE THEIR OWN VERSION OF GEFORCE NOW PLEASE THANK YOU.

4. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    are you complaining that a gaming service is offering games?

Scott_pilgrim and laurorual like this.
  5. GenNaz

GenNaz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Stadia controllers work the same way though I don't blame you or anyone for not knowing much about Stadia tbh

6. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Mexico
    I don't really dig the cloud based gaming. And besides, in my country the internet is painfully slow. Nothing like having your cartridges/discs in place.

Torina likes this.
  7. rdurbin

rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    heh, never tried it. I have tried onlive and ps now, xcloud and gaikai (or whatever it was called)

8. K3-ICHI-X

K3-ICHI-X Member
    Newcomer

South Africa
    Not to excited...

Attached Files:

9. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    But they are willing to download a full Blu-ray Disc in a few hours, right? Point is, pirates will always find excuses so you'll never win with them.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Due to licensing and such.

Speaking of which, the Stadia controller will be the only thing its paid customers can keep hold of and not feel they were completely ripped off when the service is discontinued.

yoyoyo69 likes this.
  10. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    If it came with Amazon Prime which has been steadily losing value for the price as they remove benefits and feature, I'd say it wouod work well.
    Though on its own it will struggle.
    Gotta admot that monthly fee is not a bad price and the controller is priced fairly too.
    Not bad but nothing I'd go out of my way for.

11. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It is - a direct competitor, I would say they'll have much more competition from Microsoft than Googke at the moment. Googles service is extremely poor in comparison, I don't have high hopes for Amazon either really, but it shouldn't be worse than Stadia.

Sony will inevitably want to launch their own service, it makes me wonder what issues they may be facing, or perhaps they don't want to compete in this field. It wouldn't surprise me if they were clinging to the older "methods".

Yeah, it was a kind of bait and switch.

Amazon tv was trash (there are some decent shows now though) and they were unable to get customers on board.

Take up of deliveries was decent, as was music, so they merged them, with music being a low tier introduction in a away (Premium tier for all music).

They bumped the price up and technically forced those who wanted Prime deliveries, to pay for the trash service, it paid off though.

Since then.......

12. elk1007

elk1007 Member
    Newcomer

United States

PSNow has a decent library. I can't guarantee it has Two Point Hospital :creep:

13. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    As always, one big question remaines unanswered, which is the most important at least to me when it comes to streaming services:

What about the savegames?

If I play something in Google Stadia, I have to buy it another time and can't access my savegame so if Google Stadia ever goes down, the game (for which I paid) and the savegame are lost.

That's the simple reason why Geforce Now is still the best streaming service for me yet. Not only is it the cheapest one, it also lets me play already owned games and thanks to Steam Cloud I can access my savegames from a PC as well.

I know many of you are like "If I played through Assassin's Creed, why would I care about that save afterwards? I'm done with that game." but to me savegames are important. :P

So I hate the fact that those cloud services* don't care about savegame access.
    Also that's the reason why I only buy hackable consoles. I always want to be able to backup my savegames.

14. wolffangalchemist

wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    At first i thought this could be decent especially if it got included with prime like for someone on a budget.
    upon further inspection they want you to pay to try the early access (clearly beta) and considering Ubisoft seems to be involved in it, i would avoid it... avoid it like the plague.

15. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    cloud gaming for shovel-ware!

16. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
  17. Dazzcooney

Dazzcooney Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Is everyone missing the elephant in the room or am I Missing something ? How is this streaming service allowed on iOS ? I had a double take when they mentioned it’s coming to Apple first and Android later . Microsoft are currently locked in a battle to allow xcloud on iOS and along comes amazon with its own streaming service . Someone tell me I’m missing something obvious as I’m not usually the one to point out the glaring mistakes

Obveron likes this.
  18. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

United States
    God, I hope not! Traditional consoles are waaay better; Cloud gaming, while convenient, is a lot like Chromebooks - very little use locally, and a pain in... well, wherever it hurts you most, when the internet is spotty or goes down due to some power outtage.

Google and Amazon can keep their cloud gaming services - I'll take a Wii console any day of the week. B-)

19. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This will not sell well. Too many other options exist like others said if it came with Amazon Prime it would have done well but by itself it will struggle.

Cloud gaming is the future so get ready for it!

20. Waywatcher

Waywatcher Advanced Member
    Newcomer

They should market it as "Amazon Luna does what StaDon't"

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announces, service, Amazon