LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Peeps,

I need some help. One minute I'm told that a roms DVD will work with GenPlus without modchip the next minute i'm told differently. I finally decided to try this myself. I already have the HBC channel installed on my Wii. First I installed the custom IOS (Rev 02). Then I burned a disc with roms in Nero. Here's the prob. When I go to load the disc in GenPlus, my drive starts up and then I get a failure notice. If the DVD method is supposed to work without modchip, am I burning my disc wrong??? I would really appreciate the help of anyone without a drivechip who has DVD reading from GenPlus working. Thanks in advance
wink.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
As I understand it, it still needs a modchip. The custom ios only enabled the software part. But the hardware still checks the dvd too.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I just stuck in a random burned DVD+R Apparently the first mini disc was a 1.4gb DVD+RW and the second disc was a 4.7GB DVD-RW The Mini starts to spin when i click load disc but you get weird drive noises. The 4.7 GB disc spins and gives the same sounds as a loaded Wii original but you get the same failure notice after a few seconds. I poped in a random DVD+R a few seconds ago just to see if it would try to access the files on it but yet again the same failure notice. This disc also gave the same type of loading sounds as a Wii original. Honestly I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this so I can share this with others like me (peeps who have the HBC but dont have drive chips). I guessing I should try a DVD-R next just the heck of it
tongue.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is there any difference depending on when you insert the disc? Perhaps the System Menu rejects it, but maybe try inserting it after you boot the homebrew?

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a chip. The DVD block rejects anything other than legit discs. Mod chips force the drive to authenticate. Cios simply lets you read the full DVD unencrypted AFTER authentication.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
you still need a chip, emulators just never had access to the drive, with the IOS30 or what ever the homebrew channel ran on(IOS21 now i beleave) so it needed a special IOS to "unlock" the drive, the "new" genplus uses this IOS version. others dont

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.