Hacking alternatives to wadder?

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not asking for any links since apparently they are not allowed but i would like to create a wad of the usb loader but nothing i have tried has worked so far:

WADDER does not work, it spews run time errors in all its stages and i just uninstalled since there's no documentation or any posts about fixing the runtime errors that i have not already tried

HDD Forwarder.wad (on the gbatemp wiki) does not work, it simply sends me to a black screen even though the .dol is in the right directory.

I tried Troy the Zombie's .wad for the 1.5 loader but it does not work, it also has a black screen upon trying to start it http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148434

what are my options here? i don't know what to try next.

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crap i forgot to mention. i have 2.1E firmware i have avoided any updates for a very long time. could this be the reason for the blackscreens?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes , thats your reason - you need to be on at least version 3.0 make sure homebrew is installed before you update or theres more headaches - try to go straight to 3.2 if you can

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou for posting. if i system update i think i will end up getting 4.0 which apparently i should avoid like the plague. apparently there are firmware downgraders but i don't know if i should use a *downgrader* to upgrade 2.1E to 3.2E that is really confusing me. any advice you can give me?

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i don't understand. i still want to keep E region firmware.

i just used waninkoko's cIOS downgrader and changed my firmware to 3.2E without a problem. although now i have a new problemw ith trying to run these wads. instead of getting a black screen like i previously did, it just resets the wii and i get sent back to the system menu. i reinstalled the wads just incase but it does the same thing.

thatcoolguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the tips on 4.0, though i will stick to 3.2E for me. any tips on why the wii automatically resets itself when i try running the channels from the menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0