alternatives to wadder?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thatcoolguy, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009

alternatives to wadder? by thatcoolguy at 10:01 AM (997 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. thatcoolguy
    OP

Newcomer thatcoolguy Member

Australia
    not asking for any links since apparently they are not allowed but i would like to create a wad of the usb loader but nothing i have tried has worked so far:

WADDER does not work, it spews run time errors in all its stages and i just uninstalled since there's no documentation or any posts about fixing the runtime errors that i have not already tried

HDD Forwarder.wad (on the gbatemp wiki) does not work, it simply sends me to a black screen even though the .dol is in the right directory.

I tried Troy the Zombie's .wad for the 1.5 loader but it does not work, it also has a black screen upon trying to start it http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148434

what are my options here? i don't know what to try next.

2. thatcoolguy
    OP

Australia
    crap i forgot to mention. i have 2.1E firmware i have avoided any updates for a very long time. could this be the reason for the blackscreens?

3. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Yes , thats your reason - you need to be on at least version 3.0 make sure homebrew is installed before you update or theres more headaches - try to go straight to 3.2 if you can

4. thatcoolguy
    OP

Australia
    thankyou for posting. if i system update i think i will end up getting 4.0 which apparently i should avoid like the plague. apparently there are firmware downgraders but i don't know if i should use a *downgrader* to upgrade 2.1E to 3.2E that is really confusing me. any advice you can give me?

5. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    Use anyregionchanger.

6. thatcoolguy
    OP

Australia
    i don't understand. i still want to keep E region firmware.

i just used waninkoko's cIOS downgrader and changed my firmware to 3.2E without a problem. although now i have a new problemw ith trying to run these wads. instead of getting a black screen like i previously did, it just resets the wii and i get sent back to the system menu. i reinstalled the wads just incase but it does the same thing.

7. Richy Freeway

Member Richy Freeway GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    There's nothing wrong with 4.0 provided you have the waninkokos cios installed.

8. ddp127

Member ddp127 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    anyregionchanger will do, otherwise you may update to 4.0 with one of those guides

9. thatcoolguy
    OP

Australia
    thanks for the tips on 4.0, though i will stick to 3.2E for me. any tips on why the wii automatically resets itself when i try running the channels from the menu?