Alternative to playing Wii roms on vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Littleisaiah519, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Littleisaiah519
    OP

Littleisaiah519 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    So i use USB loder GX to play my wii roms. Recently i have needed another use for my usb so i am wondering is there a alternative for loading wii roms. What i mean is when i use WBFS manager it formats it to ONLY have use for the vWii. Is there another way for usb loader GX to detect wii roms?

2. Im kinda High Right Now

Im kinda High Right Now Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    You can use a program like WiiBackupManager to turn a iso to a wbfs file, once you do that make a folder named wbfs on the root of your usb then put the folder that WiiBackupManager transferred your game to into the wbfs folder.

3. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    CFG Loader and Wiiflow can load Wii games off an SD card in the same fashion as from a USB.

You really shouldn't be using WBFS Manager anymore. The WBFS file system has been rendered useless for a long time now. It's much better to use FAT32 or NTFS storage devices now.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Spearel18

Spearel18 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Hungary
    This question has been in my mind for quite some time now:
    Do you have any benefit in loading time/better compatibility wise if you use it with the FAT32/NTFS format with .wbfs files rather than using a wbfs formated drive?
    I was lazy to make the change... :blush:

5. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Well, I just hear the compatibility and speeds transferring times are way better.

6. apachehavok

apachehavok GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2014
    Angola
    Just to make sure, you need to be on rednand to play V wii games right? There is like no crazy new way to play Wii games on the wiiU right?

7. cavolo

cavolo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2015
    France
    Nope, you play wii game in vwii as usual. There is only those wii VC game that can work in WiiU mode (xenoblade chronicles, metroid prime trilogy...) if you use a sigpatched sysnand/rednand

8. Spearel18

May 5, 2016
    Hungary
    RedNAND doesn't support vWii as of right now, so you can only play VCWii games on a signature patched systemNAND.

9. Spearel18

May 5, 2016
    Hungary
    Well then... might as well get on with it.

10. Littleisaiah519
    OP

Littleisaiah519 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    Alright so i will just use a FAT32 drive and put the wbfs files on it. instead of formating it on the WBFS partition.