Hacking Alternative to playing Wii roms on vWii?

Littleisaiah519

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i use USB loder GX to play my wii roms. Recently i have needed another use for my usb so i am wondering is there a alternative for loading wii roms. What i mean is when i use WBFS manager it formats it to ONLY have use for the vWii. Is there another way for usb loader GX to detect wii roms?

Im kinda High Right Now

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a program like WiiBackupManager to turn a iso to a wbfs file, once you do that make a folder named wbfs on the root of your usb then put the folder that WiiBackupManager transferred your game to into the wbfs folder.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFG Loader and Wiiflow can load Wii games off an SD card in the same fashion as from a USB.

You really shouldn't be using WBFS Manager anymore. The WBFS file system has been rendered useless for a long time now. It's much better to use FAT32 or NTFS storage devices now.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
You really shouldn't be using WBFS Manager anymore. The WBFS file system has been rendered useless for a long time now. It's much better to use FAT32 or NTFS storage devices now.
This question has been in my mind for quite some time now:
Do you have any benefit in loading time/better compatibility wise if you use it with the FAT32/NTFS format with .wbfs files rather than using a wbfs formated drive?
I was lazy to make the change... :blush:

D

Deleted User

This question has been in my mind for quite some time now:
Do you have any benefit in loading time/better compatibility wise if you use it with the FAT32/NTFS format with .wbfs files rather than using a wbfs formated drive?
I was lazy to make the change... :blush:
Well, I just hear the compatibility and speeds transferring times are way better.

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Just to make sure, you need to be on rednand to play V wii games right? There is like no crazy new way to play Wii games on the wiiU right?

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to make sure, you need to be on rednand to play V wii games right? There is like no crazy new way to play Wii games on the wiiU right?
Nope, you play wii game in vwii as usual. There is only those wii VC game that can work in WiiU mode (xenoblade chronicles, metroid prime trilogy...) if you use a sigpatched sysnand/rednand

Spearel18

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
RedNAND doesn't support vWii as of right now, so you can only play VCWii games on a signature patched systemNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo