Hacking Alternative firmwares for M3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Anyone know how I stop WoodYS from autostarting the last rom I used?

Cheers.
Edit the "globalsettings.ini" in the "__rpg" folder, then change the "autorunWithLastRom = 1" to "autorunWithLastRom = 0"

Hi,

Appears to pull autoboot from \TTMenu\YSMenu.ini not the globalsettings.ini. Just can't work out how to switch it off in the .ini file.

Thanks for the reply anyway :)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi,

Cheers.
Edit the "globalsettings.ini" in the "__rpg" folder, then change the "autorunWithLastRom = 1" to "autorunWithLastRom = 0"

Hi,

Appears to pull autoboot from \TTMenu\YSMenu.ini not the globalsettings.ini. Just can't work out how to switch it off in the .ini file.

I thought you were referring to the Wood part, not the YSmenu part, in the TTMENU folder, edit the ysmenu.ini and "AUTO_BOOT=game.nds" just edit out anything after that, or when you load up a game just hold B and it will stop it from auto-booting as well.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Cheers.

Hi,

I thought you were referring to the Wood part, not the YSmenu part, in the TTMENU folder, edit the ysmenu.ini and "AUTO_BOOT=game.nds" just edit out anything after that, or when you load up a game just hold B and it will stop it from auto-booting as well.

It just overwrites with the last booted game again. I have tried removing the AUTO_BOOT line and it just puts it back in.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi,

Cheers.

Hi,

It just overwrites with the last booted game again. I have tried removing the AUTO_BOOT line and it just puts it back in.
Well you are suppose to use the Wood interface and YSMenu as a rom loaders, so it's going to auto-boot the rom every time.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Cheers.

Hi,

Well you are suppose to use the Wood interface and YSMenu as a rom loaders, so it's going to auto-boot the rom every time.

Ok I just tried from the ysmenu and all works great, does not autoboot games. I was starting wood.nds from there is that wrong??

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just tried from the ysmenu and all works great, does not autoboot games. I was starting wood.nds from there is that wrong??
How are you getting to YSMENU in the first place? You have to go to Wood first then hold B while a game is loading, correct? I'm pretty sure if you do that then try to open Wood.nds from there it will continue to load whichever game you chose from Wood initially.

If you're going into YSMENU to add cheats, you need to select and load the game from within YSMENU and not go back into Wood.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
How are you getting to YSMENU in the first place? You have to go to Wood first then hold B while a game is loading, correct? I'm pretty sure if you do that then try to open Wood.nds from there it will continue to load whichever game you chose from Wood initially.

If you're going into YSMENU to add cheats, you need to select and load the game from within YSMENU and not go back into Wood.

Hi,

All I have done is download and copy this http://filetrip.net/...oodYS-6-73.html to the sd card. When I turn the DS on it automatically boots into to YSMENU not wood. From YSMENU I can boot a game turn it off then back on and it will go tback to YSMENU and not autoboot a game (which is what I want). If I start YSMENU then wood.nds (or set YSMENU to auto_boot wood.nds) then boot a game from wood then turn off every time it will then autoboot the game no matter what I do.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

All I have done is download and copy this http://filetrip.net/...oodYS-6-73.html to the sd card. When I turn the DS on it automatically boots into to YSMENU not wood. From YSMENU I can boot a game turn it off then back on and it will go tback to YSMENU and not autoboot a game (which is what I want). If I start YSMENU then wood.nds (or set YSMENU to auto_boot wood.nds) then boot a game from wood then turn off every time it will then autoboot the game no matter what I do.
Okay I just tested it and I get the same results as you, apparently something went terribly wrong when I last updated this and I have no idea what caused it. However I have now gone and updated it to the latest version and uploaded it here: http://filetrip.net/f27566-WoodYS-6-74.html. I usually run this as a secondary firmware with M3 Sakura as my main firmware so I guess since it always load Sakura first I never had issue with it. I have tested this new version and made sure it loads Wood as it should, so you shouldn't experience this issue any longer with the new version.

I apologize for the mistake and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reactions: 1 person

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoodYS distro has severe bug.

So, WoodYS's Wood menu is so-called WAIO, which is intended to be used as a homebrew. So it dldi-patches /__rpg/loader.nds.
loader.nds decides target extlink according to DLDI ID and corresponding /moonshl2/extlink/mshl2wrap.ini entry.
So to enable iTDS and R4iRTS, you need to add
Code:
iTDS=/TTMenu/inilink.nds
R4_I=/TTMenu/inilink.nds
Really important issue, so I hope it will be fixed immediately.

Kaito Yamamura

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I have a m3izero flashcart, (one of the old ones that doesn't have "gmp z003" written on it) and a a dsi with 2 year maybe i don't know which version of the firmware it uses.

On the flashcart the firmware is M3 Sakura 1.47 or 1.48 i guess. I know that the M3 is a flashcart is not updated anymore but i would like to know how to setup my flashcart to play the majority of the games...

Which firmware should i use? This http://filetrip.net/f4374-M3-Sakura-TouchPod-for-M3-Real--1-49X-3rd-4-9X.html ?? Or an alternative? I read something about Wood for M3 being a good firmware.

Many games that i tried have stopped running while i was playing, for example: Spirit Tracks, Megaman ZX Advent, Pokemon Soul Silver.

It's weird because megaman is an old game, maybe the problem was with the game and not the firmware of the flashcart.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to setup my flashcart in the best way? I know that m3izero is kind of a bad flashcart since it is not updated anymore but who can i use it in the best way?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I have a m3izero flashcart, (one of the old ones that doesn't have "gmp z003" written on it) and a a dsi with 2 year maybe i don't know which version of the firmware it uses.

On the flashcart the firmware is M3 Sakura 1.47 or 1.48 i guess. I know that the M3 is a flashcart is not updated anymore but i would like to know how to setup my flashcart to play the majority of the games...

Which firmware should i use? This http://filetrip.net/...X-3rd-4-9X.html ?? Or an alternative? I read something about Wood for M3 being a good firmware.

Many games that i tried have stopped running while i was playing, for example: Spirit Tracks, Megaman ZX Advent, Pokemon Soul Silver.

It's weird because megaman is an old game, maybe the problem was with the game and not the firmware of the flashcart.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to setup my flashcart in the best way? I know that m3izero is kind of a bad flashcart since it is not updated anymore but who can i use it in the best way?
As long as it is not a z003 as you've said, you should use either YSM3 which is included in RetroGameFan's updates here:http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-retrogamefan-multi-cart-update-678-f28233.html or the latest version of WoodYS, which is a couple versions behind RGF's updates but still plays most games fine, here: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-woodys-674-f27566.html

Che

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm back after a long break and as my returning give I bring you 3 official release of mine. Good to see my topic is still alive and kicking after that time. :)
I have also contacted YWG, maybe he will share the source code of the WoodR4 and I can make further WoodM3 releases... of course it is not sure he will share it with me, and even if he do, it is also not sure I can make all the new releases, but I hope the best. :)
Welcome back and good luck with YWG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights :glare: