Gaming Alright. Now, how do I do this?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomorrow, I'll be getting a modded XBOX 360. I wanted to ask a few questions, for all you advanced XBOX 360 users. (Expecially Flash, since he seems to know alot about the subject.) Well, here are my questions.

1. Is there a way to know what firmware the flashed disc drive is on? Without hooking it up to my computer.
2. Is burning games easy? I searched a few tutorials, and they looked a little diifficult.
3. On a tutorial, it said that only a pionner? Disc burner, could burn XBOX 360 games. Is this true?
4. Can a flashed DVD drive do anything besides play burned iso discs?
5. My disc burner on my laptop says RW DVD+RW DL. Will this work?
6. Is patching games required to go online?
7. Anything else I should know?

Thanks, Tempers.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. I don't know
2. very easy. just download img burn and use the .dvd file to burn the iso correctly.
3. not true, I have used plenty of diffrent branded burners and they all work fine.
4. nope
5. yes it will
6. I don't go online so I don't know.
7. sorry I'm not an expect at flashing either my friend does mine for me. I answered what I know.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get your games from where ever you choose then extract you should get something like gamename.dvd and gamename.iso...

Download Imgburn... select write to disc and select the gamename.dvd file then click write... i would not go over 4x unless you
are using some kick ass verabatim discs....

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both. Now, I know a few things about burning the XBOX 360 games. Now, just a few questions are left.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
1. I don't know
2. very easy. just download img burn and use the .dvd file to burn the iso correctly.
3. not true, I have used plenty of diffrent branded burners and they all work fine.
4. nope
5. yes it will
6. I don't go online so I don't know.
7. sorry I'm not an expect at flashing either my friend does mine for me. I answered what I know.
beat me to it.... online is at your own risk says C4E IN THE FW DISCLAIMER'S and patched games from agbx are supposed to fine when checking
the stealth an SSV2 stuff like that...

But patching games to a lower wave video partition is a big target for LIVE to catch and kick you off!!!!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
happy.gif
No issue there. I bought another XBOX 360 on purpose. My other will stay clean, and will only play legitly bought games, while my other will play burned XBOX 360 games. Going on XBOX Live would just be a bonus.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) There are a few tests that can try to determine it but they are not all that accurate. Assuming the drive is not a hitachi ( http://www.360drives.com/howto ) though it will be one of four things
i)Pre 1.61- will not be able to boot wave 4* and beyond games without a special boot disc being used first.
ii)1.61- will be able to boot wave 4 and beyond games.
iii)1.6NS- will be able to boot anything (acts like you have used the boot disc) including a bad iso that 1.61 would flag up.
iv)LT- will be able to boot anything but requires splitvid, I have no idea what it does on encountering a non splitvid iso.

Frankly I would not bother with these tests and if it matters hook it up to a PC.

There are various versions of LT as well which you will be unable to detect without sticking it on your PC. Only LT is safe to use on live and 1.6ns is the best firmware if you do not care about live.

*there are certain things common to 360 isos but they do occasionally change, one of these is the "wave" of a game. It refers to the updates that the isos carry with them and on some of the older firmwares it changed and tripped up the inbuilt security of the hacked firmwares, 1.6ns, LT and the latest (last) hitachi firmwares ignore this. At present there are 6 waves and we are long overdue for the seventh.
splitvid is an older method that was brought back and made mandatory for the LT line of firmwares.

5) Yes but laptop drives are not brilliant and DL burning is about as demanding as it gets so be prepared for it to go badly in the future. You can always buy a caddy though (or source one from a broken external hard disc).

6) and 7)
The only thing I will say is check your ISOs with ABGX360 and set it up properly- http://gbatemp.net/t233799-checking-games-...t&p=2918944 being a good thread to read and this also covers the patching question.

I also suggest you get the seller to send you a copy of the original dump or a flashed firmware or even just the keys to the drive.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
iv)LT- will be able to boot anything but requires splitvid, I have no idea what it does on encountering a non splitvid iso.

non splitvid iso does work on LT, tried it myself on a banned console. Although not live safe.

LT seems to boot everything also as it doesn't do any wave/ssv? check or splitvid patching as some previous stealthed firmware. I'm sure you know this already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.