Homebrew Already installed apps on reset

jellevs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i am going to install a9lh luma3ds on a old 3ds for a birthday present. I want him to have the standard unboxing experience you have when you buy a standard one.

This can be done with a factory reset. But I want to have an app already installed like it was already there when you bought it.

TL;DR: factory reset but have an app still installed.

If it isn't possible. Too bad, it is not necessary anyway.

( sorry if in the wrong section)

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
i am going to install a9lh luma3ds on a old 3ds for a birthday present. I want him to have the standard unboxing experience you have when you buy a standard one.

This can be done with a factory reset. But I want to have an app already installed like it was already there when you bought it.

TL;DR: factory reset but have an app still installed.

If it isn't possible. Too bad, it is not necessary anyway.

( sorry if in the wrong section)

If you want to restore your data after he sees the settings screens it is easy. Firstly, back up your nand via Decrypt9/Hourglass9 (Use the Luma payload for a9lh). Then, use tinyformat (There's homebrew .3dsx and .cia). It will format without erasing any content on the SD Card.Finally, just restore your previous back up.

If you mean that you want to have your data in his nand, nope, sorry. Just use format settings and delete everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1