Hacking Alleged first Vita flashcart

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is a good start. But sorry, I am not satisfied.

1. I play games the majority does not want to play = not likely to see my wanted games online.
2. I don't want to wait to play a game. The thought alone is horrible.
3. I want to play things when several years past = not likely anybody is online anymore with the same game
4. I don't want to be forced to go online to play games. Does not work when traveling around.
5. Sounds like I'm complaining too much. I'm sorry.
6. I'm still grateful for your work!

3DS4FUN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes please I want one so I can have a huge thing sticking out of my vita while I try to play it and it pokes me in the eye! Most of the good games don't make it to a cartridge...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Yes please I want one so I can have a huge thing sticking out of my vita while I try to play it and it pokes me in the eye! Most of the good games don't make it to a cartridge...
You're in for a disappointment then because the retail version of the product will have all that technology fitting into a PS Vita game cart sized cartridge :'(

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me most "good" ps vita games do come out as retail cartridges and if they don't for my region then i import them.

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States

If you could download the game and it would work, why would you need to re-download and re-authorize it the next time you're online?

My guess is this is an attempt at quasi-legal game borrowing or game rental service. I guess it should be legal since you are lending the game and cannot play it at the same time you're lending it. I would expect a monthly fee.

There are, or at least used to be, services that offered something like this. They would have a physical copy for every copy they allowed people to play through an emulator.

I wonder how long it will take someone to remove the iso authenication, and use it as a normal 'flashcard'?

Last edited by cdoty,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's one of the weirdest, most convoluted setups I've ever seen. Essentially this flashcart doesn't tackle encryption or signature checks in any native way, it just sends the requests from the Vita to a distant server that requires the real game in order to work and returns the response back to the system which then reads the ROM, thinking it's the real cart. A very bizarre way to solve the checks problem, it really is.

Reactions: m_babble

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of these days, but even more involved!
NDSM3PassKey-Back.jpg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reminds me of these days, but even more involved!
NDSM3PassKey-Back.jpg
Actually, it reminds me of copying homebrew to a DS through Ni/WiFi using RAM as storage via a homebrew app running off the GBA slot (pretend-download play). It's part loading over network, part using the built-in storage, all horrible and awkward. :rofl2:

Reactions: m_babble

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it reminds me of copying homebrew to a DS through Ni/WiFi using RAM as storage via a homebrew app running off the GBA slot (pretend-download play). It's part loading over network, part using the built-in storage, all horrible and awkward. :rofl2:
Wasn't there something like that involving a WiFi dongle?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.