Hacking all games not working in back up luncher 0.3 gamma

anden1022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have burned super paper mario and sonic unleashed in imgBurn but i can't get them to work in backup luncher 0.3 gamma. Other games (Super mario galaxy, mario kart, skate it) works great. Any tips?

anden1022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used cIOS installer version 7, DVD-R disks, as I said 4x(I've also tried 8x, it didn't work either) and I alway use verification.

F0ur2o

Trophies
Website
www.bigkahunatattshack.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do you get a black screen.....scrolling image..??

What region are you and what region are the games..??

Posts merged

Do you get a black screen.....scrolling image..??

What region are you and what region are the games..??

DarkLordPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had DRE problems at first, but then I found a comment on the WiiGator compatibility list about changing the IOS the game uses.

Now I always use IOSPatcher on my disc images to change the game's IOS to 249 (the cIOS Gamma uses).

I haven't had any disc read errors since I started doing that. Sonic Unleashed works beautifully; even House of The Dead 2 and 3 are both flawless (well, aside from the utterly horrible voice-acting..
tongue.gif
).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarkLordPrime said:
I had DRE problems at first, but then I found a comment on the WiiGator compatibility list about changing the IOS the game uses.

Now I always use IOSPatcher on my disc images to change the game's IOS to 249 (the cIOS Gamma uses).

I haven't had any disc read errors since I started doing that. Sonic Unleashed works beautifully; even House of The Dead 2 and 3 are both flawless (well, aside from the utterly horrible voice-acting..
tongue.gif
).

I'm 99% sure super paper mario and sonic unleashed don't need this patching. House of The Dead 2 or 3 is one of the games which need it.

anden1022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I use "reboot with hooks" it says the disk could not be read. And when I run it directly trough buckup luncher it says the games disk could not be read. I'm thinking about patching the game.

DarkLordPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
DarkLordPrime said:

tongue.gif
).

I'm 99% sure super paper mario and sonic unleashed don't need this patching. House of The Dead 2 or 3 is one of the games which need it.

Eh. I figure, it's better to do it to every image just in case. It doesn't prevent any of them from working, and I avoid possible headaches and excess coasters.
wink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarkLordPrime said:
Eh. I figure, it's better to do it to every image just in case. It doesn't prevent any of them from working, and I avoid possible headaches and excess coasters.
wink.gif

You only need to look up if your game is one of these before burning. If you patch a .iso in any way it's trucha signed (or it isn't which is worse), in order to play this you need a cIOS with trucha bug, which is an additional requirement and could cause other trouble in the future.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anden1022 said:
My console is pal and both games are pal.

These 2 games should be working, so if you use the Gamma cIOS (rev7), Gamma and DVD-R or DVD+R with bitsetting with game region=wii region something is wrong with the .iso or your burn.

anden1022

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried 3 diffrent sonic isos and all of them can't be wrong right, and my burn should be fine I use imgBurn at 4x with a fairly good dvd burner.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok one question, I can get Super Paper mario to work but after chapter 1-4 when you beat the dragon and talk to the lady that gives you the heart the game stops and says disc error, what causes this (also you have to talk to the lady too)

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
musicman61554 said:
Ok one question, I can get Super Paper mario to work but after chapter 1-4 when you beat the dragon and talk to the lady that gives you the heart the game stops and says disc error, what causes this (also you have to talk to the lady too)

Do you continue to get the error in that spot?

With burned games I just periodically get disc read errors (CoD:WaW is especially bad) and I just have to restart the Wii and startup the game again. I'm not exactly sure why it happens; I was wondering if it was some kind of timeout thing with the loader not reading the disc fast enough *shrug*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5