Hacking All Firmwares for the R4

Tomás Fortes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the most recent kenel for my r4?

16736391_989502181151673_1273643114_n.png

and for my R4i 1.4?

16736033_989502177818340_924641489_n.png

Thanks!

Tommyyyyxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so I haven't used my r4 card in years since I last updated my 3ds and it stopped working. I've downloaded the most recent firmware (1.84) but it is still not working. My 3ds has not been updated in years and is on 7.2 . I also have an original ds but it won't work on that one either. Any advice on how to fix it? Or am I better off buying a new card?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, so I haven't used my r4 card in years since I last updated my 3ds and it stopped working. I've downloaded the most recent firmware (1.84) but it is still not working. My 3ds has not been updated in years and is on 7.2 . I also have an original ds but it won't work on that one either. Any advice on how to fix it? Or am I better off buying a new card?

What R4 clone do you own? could you upload a picture of it. Apparently some have a timebomb. Try setting the clock back on your ds and see if that fixes it. if that's the case you need to try an unofficial firmware (ysmenu for example)

Tommyyyyxo

Trophies
XP
Country
What R4 clone do you own? could you upload a picture of it. Apparently some have a timebomb. Try setting the clock back on your ds and see if that fixes it. if that's the case you need to try an unofficial firmware (ysmenu for example)

There's a picture of the box, it's quite old so maybe it has got a timebomb, which I've only heard about recently, how do they work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 261

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a picture of the box, it's quite old so maybe it has got a timebomb, which I've only heard about recently, how do they work?
that's not that old, its quite new in relation to most others. (I actually meant a picture of the cart :P)

as far as it not working though, idk... try ysmenu from here: http://www.r4wood.com/pages/R4i-SDHC-Kernel.html

Could also be the metal contacts on the cart

Last edited by Nomelas,

Tommyyyyxo

Trophies
XP
Country
that's not that old, its quite new in relation to most others. (I actually meant a picture of the cart :P)

as far as it not working though, idk... try ysmenu from here: http://www.r4wood.com/pages/R4i-SDHC-Kernel.html

Could also be the metal contacts on the cart

Ok so I managed to get it working on my original ds but not my 3ds.

I understand that I need to perform a firmware upgrade through my original ds, but do I go into the settings menu and press upgrade, or click on the wifi circle on the main menu?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I managed to get it working on my original ds but not my 3ds.

I understand that I need to perform a firmware upgrade through my original ds, but do I go into the settings menu and press upgrade, or click on the wifi circle on the main menu?
adding the files to the sd card is good enough

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi all, what flashcard would you guys recommend at this time for a DSi XL at the moment without timebomb (if timebomb can be removed with a unofficial firmware it's no problem).
homebrew is not a must, game compitablity is.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
So anyone knows if there's a firmware for the white r4 sdhc dual core 2014 to prevent the date nag?

I've been looking all over but they put links directly into the 'official' website which don't have it anymore.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So anyone knows if there's a firmware for the white r4 sdhc dual core 2014 to prevent the date nag?

I've been looking all over but they put links directly into the 'official' website which don't have it anymore.
i need more details like a picture to work with this name... there are too many clones to know what firmware you need by just the name... what's is the original website it gives for the cart?

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
i need more details like a picture to work with this name... there are too many clones to know what firmware you need by just the name... what's is the original website it gives for the cart?

I managed to run it fine. It even ran with the default firmware, but I installed YSMenu and works like a charm!
Thanks for the help anyway.
I believe it's one of those TTDS that cme in a big rectangular box, but I don't think it's an official one? As the sticker doesn't has the rainbow reflection, but I used to get the updates at ndstt.com

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to run it fine. It even ran with the default firmware, but I installed YSMenu and works like a charm!
I believe it's one of those TTDS that cme in a big rectangular box, but I don't think it's an official one? As the sticker doesn't has the rainbow reflection, but I used to get the updates at ndstt.com
good to see you got it working.

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
Are you running it in a 3DS with 14.0 firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol