Gaming All DS Online Voice Chat games.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
No I don't think StarFox did. If anyone can please confirm if it did or not thanks.

This game does not.

Maybe you can also put that with a cheat code on, you can talk on Metroid Prime: Hunters.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
jakob95 said:
No I don't think StarFox did. If anyone can please confirm if it did or not thanks.

This game does not.

Maybe you can also put that with a cheat code on, you can talk on Metroid Prime: Hunters.
I thought you could talk on that anyway, without a code. Oh, you mean with Star Fox?

Hunters is already on anyway. Top of the list.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone clarify for me where in jump! ultimate stars the voice chat is?

im assuming its that option that can be changed with X on the wifi menu for "friends" but iv not got anyone on my friends list currently to test it and if its not that then what is that lil changeable thing? lol

Jaseman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, and Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam all had online voice chat. Friggin' Agora's shut down the online servers, so now all we have is Multicard Play. Still voice chat though.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaseman said:
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land, Tony Hawk's Proving Ground, and Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam all had online voice chat. Friggin' Agora's shut down the online servers, so now all we have is Multicard Play. Still voice chat though.
Well I won't add that since there is no point at all, because you won't be able to use the voice chat.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Also Jet Impulse 0852 is the only game that I know of that had online voice chat that did not require friend codes. It's actually a great game that is still pretty enjoyable despite not being able to read the dialogue, and plays a lot like Star Fox 64's open battles. Quite good for an in-house Nintendo game, was supposed to be translated to the west under the title DS Air, but never washed up on our shores. Anyways there is no friend code system as far as I can tell, and its all random match using the wifi, and during combat there is a radio button you can press to transmit a short message. Ive only played against japanese gamers who were reluctant to talk to me, but it works pretty good. Pretty neat for not requiring friend codes. But that could be due to my lack of understanding the menus completely. Still its a great game worth checking out for the singleplayer mode alone.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Aeladya said:
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness
Voice chat or txt chat?

I believe it's voice chat, my friend was going on about it etc...

Also, wow I didnt know DS had so many voice chat games... Dont think I've ever used that feature and wouldn't it suck a bit on ds anyway? xD

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy Echoes of Time allows you to type short messages that will appear over your character's head in game. Or you can use pre-made messages if you're playing against someone in another region. It's not exactly "text chat" but it is an in game communication system, that although it is clunky, gets the job done.

pioquinto111

Trophies
XP
Country
well i suppose you could consider Ragnarok DS to have a text chat... but you can only use fixed quotes which you can edit before you start..

eXT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azlan Uchiha said:
Metriod Prime Hunters have voice chat??i played it but i cant chat unless i use AR codes

This game does have voice chat without AR codes required, I played this game (competitively) for a few years. You needed to exchange friend codes, though.

What is this about cheat codes required to use voice chat? Can you somehow unlock voice chat on random matchmaking? Or while playing in the actual game? Both would be pretty neat (regularly you can only voice chat in the lobby before or after a friend game).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay