Homebrew ALL 3 Methods to get unbanned from recent ban wave

Did this unban you and if so which method did?

• Total voters

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have injected a new friendcodeseed as well as a blank nnid save, but I didn't inject a modified SecureInfo_A yet.
So far online works just fine, as well as eShop. Any insight on what modifying SecureInfo_A does and why it's necessary?
It changes your 3ds's serial that makes it so bans don't transfer and makes you more intego.

Daniel Sahr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have injected a new friendcodeseed as well as a blank nnid save, but I didn't inject a modified SecureInfo_A yet.
So far online works just fine, as well as eShop. Any insight on what modifying SecureInfo_A does and why it's necessary?
Essentially it changes your 3ds serial number. Iirc, it's more precautionary than anything, but there don't appear to be any side effects and anything that will help us mask is useful.

DarkRsing

Trophies
XP
Country

Could you tell me where you got the friendcodeseed?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait how likely is it to get bricked? :O
Basicley no chance without regaining eshop acess and with ehsop acess if you modify secure info A wrong then you will brick but I added very helpful hints after I figured out that was causing it so now if you follow the guide word by word you shouldn't brick.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It changes your 3ds's serial that makes it so bans don't transfer and makes you more intego.
Is this confirmed? I'm selling my banned N3DSXL to a cousin and I picked up a new N3DSXL to replace it, and it would save a lot of effort to be able to do a system transfer to get all my saves and everything back and not worry about a ban transferring over. I was prepared to transfer every possible save and other data over manually

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this confirmed? I'm selling my banned N3DSXL to a cousin and I picked up a new N3DSXL to replace it, and it would save a lot of effort to be able to do a system transfer to get all my saves and everything back and not worry about a ban transferring over. I was prepared to transfer every possible save and other data over manually
Well it didn't transfer for me when I did my banned old 3dsxl to my new 3dsxl and with the research I have done it seems without modifying secure info A the ban will be lifted on source and ban will go to target while modifying it makes it so ban stays on source and target does not get ban and p.s. I could do everything online on the new one including linking a new nnid but Nintendo refused to transfer my old one so your old is dead. Don't be mad at me if it does but respond here and check out here for a few people who have done it https://gbatemp.net/threads/researc...-did-a-systransfer-from-ban-to-notban.453665/

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I'll keep it in mind, thank you. Basically my situation right now is on my banned N3DSXL I have my console ban from Pokemon. Can't use the eShop, can't go online, all that stuff

I'm using a modified a9lh bin and an injected localfriendcode file so that I can go online, and so that I was able to create a new NNID. eShop is still banned but online works as mentioned a sentence above

At this point I'm just a little paranoid about doing a system transfer. Transferring saves and games are no issue but I'm mainly just looking for a way to transfer over my stock app data, like the Activity Log, Streetpass Plaza, Miis and stuff like that. A system transfer is convenient but if there are other ways I'd go with whatever

Last edited by anthonyplep,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll keep it in mind, thank you. Basically my situation right now is on my banned N3DSXL I have my console ban from Pokemon. Can't use the eShop, can't go online, all that stuff

I'm using a modified a9lh bin and an injected localfriendcode file so that I can go online, and so that I was able to create a new NNID. eShop is still banned but online works as mentioned a sentence above

At this point I'm just a little paranoid about transferring anything over. Transferring saves and games are no issue but I'm mainly just looking for a way to transfer over my stock app data, like the Activity Log, Streetpass Plaza, Miis and stuff like that. A system transfer is convenient but if there are other ways I'd go with whatever
Make sure to do the regaining eshop acess if you go the systransfer route or you will proably transfer the ban and I would also use stock luma. The only reason I did one was for a9lh I would of done what you want to do but I didn't have a9lh so I had to go that route and luckly everything worked perfect.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
another snip/
The process to manually transfer over my activity log, Miis, and other stuff kind of seems like a lot of work. Tomorrow I will try modifying the secureinfo_A and doing a system transfer

Can you explain the hex editing part? From what I understand, I am dumping the secureinfo_A file from my banned console, throwing it in a hex editor and injecting it back into the banned console? Do I just change the numbers after the first two to anything I want?

So if I went in a hex editor and changed my QW105977147 to QW741779501 it'll work?

Last edited by anthonyplep,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a DS nor a 2DS nor a 3DS....what is the ban wave for/about?
In a nutshell, Pokemon Sun/Moon leaked about 10 days early, and anyone who connected in the game to the online servers got a console ban
A PERMA BAN from eshop and online and they even refused to transfer my old nnid to my new 3dsxl I just brought. So that is why I will keep this thread alive to stop this harsh and unfair punishment.

Manlydonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A PERMA BAN from eshop and online and they even refused to transfer my old nnid to my new 3dsxl I just brought. So that is why I will keep this thread alive to stop this harsh and unfair punishment.
I'd say it's a pretty fair punishment, honestly. Not one I want to deal with, but it's certainly earned.

Reactions: lonewolf08

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's a pretty fair punishment, honestly. Not one I want to deal with, but it's certainly earned.
I will disagree with that. Firstoff the punishment before the pokemon ban was 15 day ban but since its pokemon its perma? Secound off not letting me transfer my brought games to my new system witch cost 200 doallers that is stealing in my opinion. And third of all multiple people actually brought the game including me. That is why I think it is unfair.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will disagree with that. Firstoff the punishment before the pokemon ban was 15 day ban but since its pokemon its perma? Secound off not letting me transfer my brought games to my new system witch cost 200 doallers that is stealing in my opinion. And third of all multiple people actually brought the game including me. That is why I think it is unfair.
As they say hard way to learn a lesson, but hopefully the lesson was learned, Don't go online with a prerelease people common sense.

Demirramon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's just to change the serial number of your console, but it doesn't seem to do nothing. It's still being investigated but it has something to do with bans transferring in a system transfer.

EDIT: Many people already replied but for some reason your post was the last one I was seeing lol

Last edited by Demirramon,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's just to change the serial number of your console, but it doesn't seem to do nothing. It's still being investigated but it has something to do with bans transferring in a system transfer.

EDIT: Many people already replied but for some reason your post was the last one I was seeing lol
Yeah at first everybody thought you had to but now we know you don't have too but if you don't and do a systransfer the ban will transfer to a target.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout