Gaming Alien Swarm

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
On a laptop on low/med specs, it's slightly slow but easily playable (although trapball mice are not advised). On my high specced PC, maxed settings, it runs flawlessly until it gets to the lift (offline practice mode). On both my laptop and PC, as soon as I get to the lift, it slows down to the same kind of "bullet time" crawl until around half way down. That can't be normal...

Haven't tried playing online yet, since I've got other things to do.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
On a laptop on low/med specs, it's slightly slow but easily playable (although trapball mice are not advised). On my high specced PC, maxed settings, it runs flawlessly until it gets to the lift (offline practice mode). On both my laptop and PC, as soon as I get to the lift, it slows down to the same kind of "bullet time" crawl until around half way down. That can't be normal...

Haven't tried playing online yet, since I've got other things to do.
Actually that is normal. It's the game's way of saying a boss/swarm is coming.
Thats why the music doesn't stutter.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just snagged this last night and played some offline (only for 5 minutes). I think i'll REALLY like this game.

And that FPS mode looks like a lot of fun! I'll be trying that one out tonight
smile.gif

I should see about getting some online play going sometime soon.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Never played Easy.
Normal is a walk in the park.
Hard is Normal.
Insane is Hard.

I got bored so I prestiged and am about to hit 27 again. 40% experience bonus on insane.

Man, you guys must be pros or something.. I played on normal in offline mode, and I didn't stand a chance once I got into the elevator shaft (although the game was lagging).

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Defiance said:
juggernaut911 said:
Never played Easy.
Hard is Normal.
Insane is Hard.

I got bored so I prestiged and am about to hit 27 again. 40% experience bonus on insane.

Man, you guys must be pros or something.. I played on normal in offline mode, and I didn't stand a chance once I got into the elevator shaft (although the game was lagging).
Slomo =/= Lag. It is supposed to slow down (while playing your music) and you'll see an elevator surveillance camera in the topleft. This is normal.

Me and 3 guys were doing the elevator level on insane. Our turret guys died so we had to on our own. I was the medic and it is very hard to heal you and your only partner left as your being smashed up. We barely made it past the elevator, the gate and door open, I run through, get swarmed by like 20 guys as I reloaded and my partner sneaks around and finishes the mission.

About to hit the third and final promotion!
biggrin.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/id/juggernaut911/stats/AlienSwarm (blue medal means second promotion and my mission success rate is whack cause we fool around too much)

EDIT: Also, just woke up, time to play!

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Defiance said:
juggernaut911 said:
Never played Easy.
Hard is Normal.
Insane is Hard.

Slomo =/= Lag. It is supposed to slow down (while playing your music) and you'll see an elevator surveillance camera in the topleft. This is normal.

Me and 3 guys were doing the elevator level on insane. Our turret guys died so we had to on our own. I was the medic and it is very hard to heal you and your only partner left as your being smashed up. We barely made it past the elevator, the gate and door open, I run through, get swarmed by like 20 guys as I reloaded and my partner sneaks around and finishes the mission.

About to hit the third and final promotion!
biggrin.gif

http://steamcommunity.com/id/juggernaut911/stats/AlienSwarm (blue medal means second promotion and my mission success rate is whack cause we fool around too much)

EDIT: Also, just woke up, time to play!
Nice.
I still can't beat some levels on easy... I can never find a group that plays together and semi knows what they are doing.
I've been teammate killed quite often while being a tech, and then they say why did we lose or why did you die.
angry.gif

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this out last night, and it was really fun. A friend and I set up a room and then pulled in a couple random people, and we cleared Normal with relative ease. A lot of the difficulty is knowing what's gonna happen and what role you should be playing. I was Tech Marine the whole time, so I hung back, helped out in combat when I could, and supported the others. Our Medic was pretty good; I think one of the only times I died was when I got infected (think I had low health too). The hacking came as a surprise, but a little Pipe Dream is fun every now and then. There's really a lack of content right now, but it was free, so who can really complain? I'm looking forward to running it again (hopefully with more actual friends) and any user-created maps/mods for it.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you get anything for getting the prestige promotion or is it a just for fun thing?

edit: also my steam id is 'ihatewaffles' if anyone wants to play with me, i'm not great but i probably won't shoot you in the back..

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:

I know it's supposed to slow down, but I my computer I am really convinced it also lagged. For one, the cursor would have a hard time moving.. But yeah, I probably just need to work on it to get better.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
tsol said:
do you get anything for getting the prestige promotion or is it a just for fun thing?

edit: also my steam id is 'ihatewaffles' if anyone wants to play with me, i'm not great but i probably won't shoot you in the back..
All you get from the promo is a stupid medal. I'd prefer to restart than to do missions and not get experience.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
juggernaut911 said:
During the so called slow-motion I noticed a drop in FPS from 60 to about 40. Fairly sure that shouldn't happen even if you enter slow-motion in the game.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
juggernaut911 said:
During the so called slow-motion I noticed a drop in FPS from 60 to about 40. Fairly sure that shouldn't happen even if you enter slow-motion in the game.
Well alot of people were thinking the slowmo was lag all together

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI for people, your Steam ID is what you use to login, not your in-game nickname, as I've seen some of these "Steam IDs" don't exist. I suggest the OP start a list of all the people that play this game.

Terminator02/bahrfer4

I luv the game, i'm a titanium medal lvl 26, And I luv playing officer, but I can do anything pretty good. I hate people that run off and go all macho -.- and people that don't listen to me. Anyways, add me if you play and don't suck, lol. I started on easy, but it's -50% exp, normal is 100%, hard = 120%, and insane = 140%. I play hard just because it's challenging and insane is way too hard for the last few missions, also because randoms suck.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played the first campaign, and it doesn't seem particularly difficult.

The main issue is that our entire party constantly dies to a random parasite fucking us all consecutively.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
I've only played the first campaign, and it doesn't seem particularly difficult.

The main issue is that our entire party constantly dies to a random parasite fucking us all consecutively.
caz u have to heal them, it's the only way other than the electric armor. I hate it when n00b medics don't know what to do =/ always use the female medic on stages with infestations, as she gets rid of them faster

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Urza said:

caz u have to heal them, it's the only way other than the electric armor. I hate it when n00b medics don't know what to do =/ always use the female medic on stages with infestations, as she gets rid of them faster
Unfortunately we don't have the med guns yet, and the heal beacons are incredibly slow.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
teemu_fin/Musti, if anyone want to play. Need some company to play in hard and insane modes because random guys sucks. I'm using tech as main character.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:

There are 2 characters per class. They are balanced differently. The girl medic heals infection quickly. I'm always medic and I'm always her.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over