Gaming Alien Swarm

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to play the guy medic, his adrenaline lasts for a really long time, and healing infections isn't so hard with the heal gun. Most of the time i just play wolf so i can lay down some heavy fire.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
If you're getting infected, you're DOING IT WRONG.
I did the campaign on hard with 3 friends after all of us got promoted, we passed with nobody dying, all because we didn't get infected. Sure, we failed a bunch of times, but once you hit level 15 (Flamethrower unlock), game becomes manageable.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
If you're getting infected, you're DOING IT WRONG.
I did the campaign on hard with 3 friends after all of us got promoted, we passed with nobody dying, all because we didn't get infected. Sure, we failed a bunch of times, but once you hit level 15 (Flamethrower unlock), game becomes manageable.
the tesla cannon also works very well, whenever I play with randoms they always rush into the freakin parasites and there's nothing you can do about it but waste your heal =/ also, always use the female medic on levels with parasites

WrSmega

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it worth the download? I was thinking about downloading it. Modding is key for me, but is there enough support for modding like fpsbanna for the half life and CS games?

Also, is the dedicated Server Support good?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megadude1 said:
is it worth the download? I was thinking about downloading it. Modding is key for me, but is there enough support for modding like fpsbanna for the half life and CS games?

YES it is worth downloading.
Yes there is modding, the SDK is out and there are already some custom maps out there, there are no sprays.
I don't think there are dedicated servers at all, if so, they do lag up at certain points, but it's not that bad.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
megadude1 said:

Yes there is modding, the SDK is out and there are already some custom maps out there, there are no sprays.
I don't think there are dedicated servers at all, if so, they do lag up at certain points, but it's not that bad.

dedas.png

I'm pretty sure there are dedicated servers.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
updowners said:
Terminator02 said:
megadude1 said:

dedas.png

I'm pretty sure there are dedicated servers.
There are dedicated servers.

Open the console and type "openserverbrowser" and you'll see that there's a huuugeee list of servers (dedicated).

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Anyone else having a problem with this? You go to the "Play Online" section and then look for public games, but I cant see any, it just says "Searching..." Happened to me several times. Any fix for this?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
You need a team that doesn't fail on insane. Don't look for people with multiple promotions, look for people willing to follow orders, with the first order being "Don't die.".
Max level here.
biggrin.gif

High level doesn't mean skill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...