Hacking AL9H with Luma3DS CIA Games update?

RayMafnas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys! I'm new to CFW and I have a Japanese O3DS and I followed Plailects guide and currently have AL9H with Luma3DS. I Installed a few USA CIAs, namely Pokemon Alpha and Monster Hunter and they seem to have updates is it okay to update them wireless using eshop (I currently dont eshop set up no NNID)
or should I download CIA updates?

And one more thing I'm trying to run the CHMM using the HBL to install themes but it always hangs on me
need some help with that too, TIA!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can do updates. The only catch is that they can error out at 99% if you are using a bad cia of the eshop version of a game. That is because in many cases the eshop versions don't download updates but rather redownload an updated version of the game. If the game uses separate update files even for the eshop version then that won't happen. Using "good" cias such as those made by CIAngel/FunKeyCia will also prevent that and of course cias that were converted from physical carts are immune because they will download the updates as separate update/patch files (since a physical cart can't be rewritten).

Reactions: xtrac

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all