AL9H with Luma3DS CIA Games update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RayMafnas, Aug 8, 2016.

1. RayMafnas
    OP

RayMafnas Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2014
    Hey guys! I'm new to CFW and I have a Japanese O3DS and I followed Plailects guide and currently have AL9H with Luma3DS. I Installed a few USA CIAs, namely Pokemon Alpha and Monster Hunter and they seem to have updates is it okay to update them wireless using eshop (I currently dont eshop set up no NNID)
    or should I download CIA updates?

And one more thing I'm trying to run the CHMM using the HBL to install themes but it always hangs on me
    need some help with that too, TIA!

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    1. Yep you can update from thee shop with no worries
    2. Try setting a theme before going into CHMM

RayMafnas likes this.
  3. RayMafnas
    OP

RayMafnas Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2014
    By setting a Theme do you mean like just the simple color themes? Cause I have the black theme right now.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Mmmmm... yes the black them should have been sufficient. Try the CHMM release thread if you don't get a good answer here soon!

5. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Yes you can do updates. The only catch is that they can error out at 99% if you are using a bad cia of the eshop version of a game. That is because in many cases the eshop versions don't download updates but rather redownload an updated version of the game. If the game uses separate update files even for the eshop version then that won't happen. Using "good" cias such as those made by CIAngel/FunKeyCia will also prevent that and of course cias that were converted from physical carts are immune because they will download the updates as separate update/patch files (since a physical cart can't be rewritten).

xtrac likes this.