AL9H and NNID changing?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by daicon, Nov 30, 2016.

1. daicon
    OP

daicon GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    United States
    I recently got a few Black Friday n3DS systems (condolences to those who didn't score one) and I'm going to use my old 3ds to hack them with a DSi game.

When I do, the target n3DS systems will have my network ID stuck on them, right? Is there any way to remove the NNID from the new systems? I don't really like my Network ID and want a fresh one on my new system, and the other one I'm giving away I don't want tied to me.

2. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    I may be wrong, but System format may let you setup a new NNID

daicon and osaka35 like this.
  3. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    After you have it hacked with a9lh, you can format using the system settings (which unlinks your NNID from the console) and create a new one. You'll obviously lose access to any games you've purchased with your current NNID, though.

As a9lh starts before the system, even a format won't mess with it. You'll have to re-inject FBI and the other channels, but that's not terribly difficult.

Last edited by osaka35, Nov 30, 2016
    daicon likes this.
  4. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Yes, system format let's you create a brand new NNID. I would do the following:

Transfer from left to right
    O3DS -> DSiWare downgrade -> N3DS #1 -> DSiWare downgrade -> N3DS#2 .... -> N3DS #n

All the 3DS besides the last one will have a fresh setup since system transfer formats them. After that all you need to do is format the last.

daicon likes this.
  5. PF2M

PF2M Miiverse Hacker

Sep 8, 2015
    United States
    Ohio
    You can wipe the NNIDSave.bin file of a hacked 3DS. Get access to decrypt9, download this file and put it in files9 (or wherever Decrypt9 says its "work folder" is), and go to the "system save inject" option of the NAND you want to wipe the NNID from. Then select nnidsave, find your file, and inject it. No need to format a 3DS just for that.

squall14716 and daicon like this.