Hardware AKNES here, Answer questions about our brand.

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@AKNES did you know about this new Nintendo Patent?
https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/20230280850
Seems like it's for a magnetic based controller, but there's a lot of "viscosity of magnetorheological fluid" mentioned.

Edit: interesting, the use of that fluid means that when electrical current is applied, the fluid's viscosity changes, almost to a solid? If so, it means it could increase the resistance feeling on the stick... I wonder if it could "freeze", lock the stick temporarily, and how soon that would lead to the sticks being broken... so many questions...

Last edited by Cajumjoe,

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@AKNES did you know about this new Nintendo Patent?
https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/20230280850
Seems like it's for a magnetic based controller, but there's a lot of "viscosity of magnetorheological fluid" mentioned.

Edit: interesting, the use of that fluid means that when electrical current is applied, the fluid's viscosity changes, almost to a solid? If so, it means it could increase the resistance feeling on the stick... I wonder if it could "freeze", lock the stick temporarily, and how soon that would lead to the sticks being broken... so many questions...
I've heard of this patent before, but I haven't seen it before you sent out the specific content.
I only read the top content and thought it might be a patent based on a joystick or trigger.
What do you think?

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've heard of this patent before, but I haven't seen it before you sent out the specific content.
I only read the top content and thought it might be a patent based on a joystick or trigger.
What do you think?
From what I read: it seems like another layer of tech on top of the existing analogs (it references "variable resistor" as known tech). It uses a magnetic fluid parts/modules, connected to the X and Y axis potentiometers. That fluid has variable viscosity and can be altered to provide a feeling of increased or decreased resistance to the user, in operation.

Reactions: AKNES

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
From what I read: it seems like another layer of tech on top of the existing analogs (it references "variable resistor" as known tech). It uses a magnetic fluid parts/modules, connected to the X and Y axis potentiometers. That fluid has variable viscosity and can be altered to provide a feeling of increased or decreased resistance to the user, in operation.
According to what you said, this may be to replace the existing plastic with fluid, thereby reducing wear and drift. This is indeed a brand new technology, but it is also based on magnetism.

Reactions: impeeza

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
According to what you said, this may be to replace the existing plastic with fluid, thereby reducing wear and drift. This is indeed a brand new technology, but it is also based on magnetism.
1694423509824.png

405 and 407 are the resistors, 406 and 408 are the magnetic fluid modules.

Reactions: AKNES and impeeza

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It looks to me like the same old potentiometers, with an extra module to control tactile feedback.
Could this be the new gimmick for the Switch 2? HD Rumble is neat and all, but it still feels like rumble. This could add a whole new layer of realism. I'm thinking something similar to arcade racing games and the like where there is resistance as you try to steer. For certain kinds of games, this would be very cool.

Reactions: AKNES and Cajumjoe

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Could this be the new gimmick for the Switch 2? HD Rumble is neat and all, but it still feels like rumble. This could add a whole new layer of realism. I'm thinking something similar to arcade racing games and the like where there is resistance as you try to steer. For certain kinds of games, this would be very cool.
how about analog trigers for racing games first :D? And some good racing games besides old grid and maybe one rally game that actually is playable without analog trigers :D

Cajumjoe

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is exactly the kind of application I see for this.

Edit: due to the size of the part, unless the Switch 2 comes with full sized potentiometers like the Steam Deck, I see this more likely to be in a future Pro Controller 2.

Last edited by Cajumjoe,

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Aknes ever been a sponsor for charity events? I’m interested in offering some repair services during an event where all proceeds benefit a local charity, I would enjoy having Aknes as a sponsor for something like this where local gamers could see the different products Aknes offers.

Reactions: AKNES and Cajumjoe

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Has Aknes ever been a sponsor for charity events? I’m interested in offering some repair services during an event where all proceeds benefit a local charity, I would enjoy having Aknes as a sponsor for something like this where local gamers could see the different products Aknes offers.
This has never happened before, because our brand only started to improve this year, and before it was struggling on the line of life and death.
Can I ask what exactly this event is? What support is needed? I have to evaluate whether our team can afford it before I can give you an answer.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe for the drfit... maybe for the touch feeling

If they do this, what then will I fix. I’ll live a sad fix free life. I need an addition to the full time word documents and spreadsheets. Nintendo, please don’t fix the drift!
Hahaha From a business perspective, we are the same, but from a user perspective, everyone still wants it to be fixed.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has never happened before, because our brand only started to improve this year, and before it was struggling on the line of life and death.
Can I ask what exactly this event is? What support is needed? I have to evaluate whether our team can afford it before I can give you an answer.

Maybe for the drfit... maybe for the touch feeling

Hahaha From a business perspective, we are the same, but from a user perspective, everyone still wants it to be fixed.
Thanks for the reply! The customer support Aknes provides is top notch, this is something hard to find with large companies anymore. I have spent two weeks and over 10 hours on the phone with an out of warranty replacement from Microsoft and it was almost as much as a new elite series 2! The event would be a one day event where anyone can come and have their gaming devices repaired for a low cost, that collected cost would then be 100% donated to the local Children’s hospital. I’ve done charity events in the traditional sense of small running charity events, but never something like this. Your story is inspiring, If I could get Aknes to be a sponsor, I want to clarify, I wouldn’t require anything free, I can personally buy one of each product offering to display. My goal with this event is to show everyone their products don’t need to be thrown away, and to help them get back up and running, while giving back to my local community. I am looking to host this at an eSports facility here in the Midwest if possible.

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks for the reply! The customer support Aknes provides is top notch, this is something hard to find with large companies anymore. I have spent two weeks and over 10 hours on the phone with an out of warranty replacement from Microsoft and it was almost as much as a new elite series 2! The event would be a one day event where anyone can come and have their gaming devices repaired for a low cost, that collected cost would then be 100% donated to the local Children’s hospital. I’ve done charity events in the traditional sense of small running charity events, but never something like this. Your story is inspiring, If I could get Aknes to be a sponsor, I want to clarify, I wouldn’t require anything free, I can personally buy one of each product offering to display. My goal with this event is to show everyone their products don’t need to be thrown away, and to help them get back up and running, while giving back to my local community. I am looking to host this at an eSports facility here in the Midwest if possible.
You can check out the AKNES Amazon store to see what you need, and then tell me. I can submit the list of products you selected from our store to our boss to see what kind of help our company can provide.

weestuarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking for a controller that i can use on pc and switch and im torn between the gulikit and the 8bitdo ultimate. I like the ability to swap buttons on the gulikit but wondered what your take on each one. Either way it will be from your amazon store in uk (aknes-eu i assume is still you)

AKNES

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, I am looking for a controller that i can use on pc and switch and im torn between the gulikit and the 8bitdo ultimate. I like the ability to swap buttons on the gulikit but wondered what your take on each one. Either way it will be from your amazon store in uk (aknes-eu i assume is still you)
Hi If you're not in a hurry, I recommend waiting for the GuliKit KK3 controller, which will be available in a month or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: more of a platinum guy myself personally